• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
woke up in time to catch the very end of the stream :( , twitch past broadcasts are not loading for me though, even 45 minutes later. does it normally take this long for them to become available?

L&R

Hasney

First thing they talk about.

I'm watching now and they haven't touched on it yet? Almost an hour in and it's been Kingdom Hearts 2.8, I am Setsuna and Bloodstained.

woke up in time to catch the very end of the stream :( , twitch past broadcasts are not loading for me though, even 45 minutes later. does it normally take this long for them to become available?

L&R

Fine here: https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/72690019 & https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/72709200

I'm watching now and they haven't touched on it yet? Almost an hour in and it's been Kingdom Hearts 2.8, I am Setsuna and Bloodstained.

It's a short segment,
the demo wasn't actually playable at E3 so Ben doesn't have too much
, but I think it's near the front - if not, it's shortly after that stuff. Don't remember the timestamp sadly.

Edit: Nope, happy you found it.

Auctopus

Wah?

I'm watching the latest past broadcast on Twitch, Day 2 Impressions (1:58). Starts with Persona 5...

Edit: Oh wait, there's another video before that but it's called Day 1 impressions but starts with Brad?

Ah, it started on the video before that still labelled as day 1! Assuming it cuts out after this video which is why it's split into 2 parts.

Ah, okay. Watching that now instead.

Days Gone suffers from a lack of unique hook and that it's gunplay demo near the end wasn't good because it highlights one of the demo's current problems where it's gunplay and animation are mediocre compared to the top tier shooters.

It needs to sell its sandbox qualities, since as a shooter it's not a strong bullet point.

Karu

Apart from the awesome zombie hordes the final Demo was boring. Up. Turn. Shoot. Repeat. Eh.

Nothing compared to the masterclass TLoU-SHOTGUNBLAST demo.

wmlk

Days Gone to me had a weird demo. The zombie swarm was so fast that it felt like running away was the best possible option. I don't know what the point was to the shooting when the swarm just got closer and closer each second.

Auctopus

Days Gone suffers from a lack of unique hook and that it's gunplay demo near the end wasn't good because it highlights one of the demo's current problems where it's gunplay and animation are mediocre compared to the top tier shooters.

It needs to sell its sandbox qualities, since as a shooter it's not a strong bullet point.

They've said multiple times now that the game is super early. Making criticisms or observations on a game that's nowhere finished as if it's out next week is useless.

Days Gone to me had a weird demo. The zombie swarm was so fast that it felt like running away was the best possible option. I don't know what the point was to the shooting when the swarm just got closer and closer each second.

They said in an interview is that the way the swarm works is shooting zombies at the front back ragdolls them and slows down/trips up the zombies behind him.

llehuty

They've said multiple times now that the game is super early. Making criticisms or observations on a game that's nowhere finished as if it's out next week is useless.
Maybe they shouldn't have shown the game in the first place if it's that early in development? I'm not a fan of games getting 2+ E3 showings. Like, what's the point?

Why focus on games like that instead of in games that are going to be released earlier/are in more advanced stages of development?

I'm also still mad about no Persona 5, Nioh, Nier, Gravity Rush 2 in the conference in favour of yet another zombie game.

kami_sama

Brad seemed PUMPED.

Yeah, Brad and Kyle sold it for me, but I want to know if there were any reviews from the Japanese release.

Maybe they shouldn't have shown the game in the first place if it's that early in development? I'm not a fan of games getting 2+ E3 showings. Like, what's the point?

Why focus on games like that instead of in games that are going to be released earlier/are in more advanced stages of development?

I'm also still mad about no Persona 5, Nioh, Nier, Gravity Rush 2 in the conference in favour of yet another zombie game.

I don't like game showing up so early, but if they do, a CG trailer is the correct way to do it. Gameplay or graphics can change.

Before Bethesda's conference, the EZA gang were watching previous E3 conferences.
Did anyone capture their reaction to Konami's 2010 conference?

Edit- Nvm, found it.

Hasney

Yeah, Brad and Kyle sold it for me, but I want to know if there were any reviews from the Japanese release.

I found this about Famitsu.

It scored 8s.

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna (PS4) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]

These are the points the reviewers made:

-Embodiment of the concept of good ol' RPG. Graphics have deep flavor, sad story, piano BGM help bring atmosphere
-Battles are steadily interesting
-They don't really feel anything originally new
-Stone customization & Strategic element in Setsuna system are good
-Too much loading in towns, a bit troublesome
-Takes about 20-25 hours to clear

Still considering it, but probably not going to break out individual impressions videos. Would ultimately wind up being about 30 - 40 videos if I did. I know they'd show up easier in search, but I think with the timestamps in the descriptions, it shouldn't be too hard to find what you're looking for.

kami_sama

I found this about Famitsu.

Thank you!
Seems good enough, and the loading times will be better on my ssd.

Still considering it, but probably not going to break out individual impressions videos. Would ultimately wind up being about 30 - 40 videos if I did. I know they'd show up easier in search, but I think with the timestamps in the descriptions, it shouldn't be too hard to find what you're looking for.

Yeah, I think that's too many videos.
Timestamps would be enough.

Edit: Lol at Huber Stranding.

ttt0743-1.jpg

GIVE IT TOOO UUSSSSSSSSSSS... RAAAAAAAAAAAW.

(with timestamps, tho)

El-Suave

Probably too many videos indeed, but I'd still select a few highlights like Huber's Yakuza story and seperate them. Those are good ads for the channel if one goes a little bit viral.

Hasney

BooThisMan.gif

Didn't know We Happy Few was a roguelike. Also, Blood's sold me on it.

Yeah, Danny O'Dweyer over at Gamespot said when he played it at Gamescom, the actual moment to moment gameplay is very much like Sir, You Are Being Hunted. Seems like a weird disconnect, but I want to try it.

DKHF

Had so much E3 videos, podcasts and conference reaction streams to watch in the last few days and I was busy up until Sony's conference so I've only seen EZA's EA and Sony reaction streams and some of their day 1 impressions video so far. Seems like there's a lot of good stuff. Going to dive in now...

I wasn't really wanting it for each game. But similar to the couple highlights from the Sony press conference I really really think the Huber Yakuza 0 story should be its own video. It's one of the top highlights of E3. Then with time I'd consider Ben's day one persona talk

Visceir

Cheers man. Why are the comments so fixated on Huber? If he didn't want to be spoiled on the game then why didn't he just leave like Bosman did?

I think Huber said off screen that he saw someone else play it, but that was before he heard which part Blood was going to describe. Brandon seemed adamant on having more people at the desk and I guess Huber was the one to jump on the spoiler grenade to take the hit for others.

Obviously chat was playing it up and making it a bigger deal than it was, all in good fun.

Cheers man. Why are the comments so fixated on Huber? If he didn't want to be spoiled on the game then why didn't he just leave like Bosman did?
Jones seemed legitimately shocked when every body just got up and left and said something like
"This is your job!"
Huber said he'd take the hit. Which is funny because him being there did nothing (well it was unintentionally really funny, but he really didn't have to be there.) and he seemed legitimately in pain having the beginning of the game spoiled for him.

I think Huber said off screen that he saw someone else play it, but that was before he heard which part Blood was going to describe. Brandon seemed adamant on having more people at the desk and I guess Huber was the one to jump on the spoiler grenade to take the hit for others.

Obviously chat was playing it up and making it a bigger deal than it was, all in good fun.

So Huber sat at the desk and said nothing, rendering his presence pointless. I'd have been fine if it was just Brandon and Bloodworth to be honest. Nothing wrong with just two people having a conversation in these streams.

Visceir

So Huber sat at the desk and said nothing, rendering his presence pointless. I'd have been fine if it was just Brandon and Bloodworth to be honest. Nothing wrong with just two people having a conversation in these streams.

It gave us a funny bit. Kyle was in the chat saying "Huber is hostage. We must begin negotiations." which escalated to the whole chat making jokes about it and the photoshops that followed. Huber was reading the chat and trying to hold back laughter.

While Bosman and Huber's (the others have their moments but those two especially) spoilerphobia and media blackouts can be cute now and then, I could see them getting really precious about it.

They've got a limited number of people trying to cover as much as possible, in order to help EZA attract a wider audience and grow. The more people duck out of that, the greater the burden on the rest, and given that Brandon was already feeling the strain of his workload prior to E3 I can understand if he gets frustrated.

Rephil

so, yesterday - just out of curiosity - i checked live-commentaries from several other well known youtubers/groups/'content creators' like EZA .. and my GOD, the negativity that came out of my screen hit me like a truck! i sat there and couldn't enjoy a second of what i was seeing or hearing. and i realised how spoiled and lucky we are, experiencing todays fantastic gaming-world through the eyes of the EZA-crew. the motivation, the hype, the jolliness, the love and respect, everything thats coming out of them is good vibes and passion for this industry. thanks to EZA, i had the time of my life during this E3. i couldn't stop replaying that sony-conference recording. its pure joy! and i have to say, some of them constant-negativ-people out there really could learn a thing or two of those beautiful human beings!

thank you EZA-crew - never change! ;)

They've said multiple times now that the game is super early. Making criticisms or observations on a game that's nowhere finished as if it's out next week is useless..

I know that. But that is what was shown, and what people will judge it by.

Even watching that, one could tell it's still early. But it's also good to get those feedback so that they can make improvements and gauge what people liked/didn't like about their concepts.

Catching up on last night's stream. Huber throwing himself on The Last Guardian spoiler grenade was hilarious. Poor Huber, he looked broken. When someone in chat said "HUBER BLINK 3 TIMES IF YOU NEED HELP" and then he did while Blood & Brandon just kept on talking was great. Not to mention Damiani's amazing music troll.

I love these guys.

Tsosie

Fell asleep pretty early into last night's stream; prolly around the time they finished TLG. Excited to get back into the stream again today. Does anyone have a ordered list of the games they discussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom