• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawly

Huber's Yakuza Zero segway and talk...

tumblr_mnweuyjPXK1qzdpr4o1_500.gif

Thank you.

RoKKeR

Casual listener here, but Kyle's hosting on the podcast this week was sort of driving me nuts haha. I get that he has to move the conversation along but there are times when he just kept pushing something small/random/already known to everybody for the sake of repeating it.

Dumb complaint I know but I suppose I madr a note of it this week.

For this being their first E3 I would say they have done a pretty solid job in covering it.

Maligna

Banned
What? They talked about Zelda again? I went to sleep early in stream

I was referring to the latest Easy Allies podcast after having seen them talk about it on the first E3 day recap.

Damiani is all in on Zelda but everything else is just meh or bad. Apparently he likes Tekken though.

Hasney

Has there been Zelda discussion yet? Not seeing it in the Twitch streams so far

Literally the first thing after the podcast Day 1.

http://youtu.be/KftPFPcu_K0

Day 2 not up on youtube yet?

Casual listener here, but Kyle's hosting on the podcast this week was sort of driving me nuts haha. I get that he has to move the conversation along but there are times when he just kept pushing something small/random/already known to everybody for the sake of repeating it.

Dumb complaint I know but I suppose I madr a note of it this week.

For this being their first E3 I would say they have done a pretty solid job in covering it.

If the only way you keep up with the news is through the EZA podcast, that's what those descriptions are for. Probably only a couple of people, but still.

Auctopus

While Bosman and Huber's (the others have their moments but those two especially) spoilerphobia and media blackouts can be cute now and then, I could see them getting really precious about it.

Why are you speaking like this is the first instance of it? Huber and Bosman were on a huge blackout for MGSV last year, claiming that they were hardly on the internet at all.

It's been fine and the past and it still is.

Piichan

Banned
Their E3 coverage has been really good so far. They keep me entertained at work. And yeah, Huber's Yakuza story Yesterday was definitely a highlight. That guy is hype personified.

ArjanN

Their E3 coverage has been really good so far. They keep me entertained at work. And yeah, Huber's Yakuza story Yesterday was definitely a highlight. That guy is hype personified.

Yeah that was pretty hilarious, especially after the Zelda and Persona bits which honestly came off a bit fanboy-ish in comparison.

Had to fast-forward the Zelda discussion after a bit. People always seem too excitable about this series to concisely explain why this one is good or different for those of us not at the show. Timeline bullshit always rears its stupid face, and seemingly no-one can talk about it without gushing uncontrollably and making very little sense. Just slow down fellas, breathe. I'm sure the game is amazing, though.

Huber's Yakuza story was brilliant! Man is a preacher.

llehuty

I am going to be selfish here for a moment. I really wish during this e3 coverage they had done a better job pushing there patreon. They had some great growth in patreon already from e3, but I just want that 45k goal so badly. Let me add that I love that they do not use banners across their twitch and youtube content throughout their normal programing. This week I think it could have been hugely beneficial. Their God of WAR reaction has something like 50k hits. How many of those 50k a Tualatin know that EZA has a patreon?

It is all me being selfish for that goal, but I think all of that patrons would have understood that for 1 week they needed to sell their brand.

I don't know how many of that people that don't know they have a patreon would actucally leave a monthy pledge from them... after watching one video of a special yearly event.

Their youtube subscriptions are up, and that's already something good.

Tsosie

I don't know how many of that people that don't know they have a patreon would actucally leave a monthy pledge from them... after watching one video of a special yearly event.

Their youtube subscriptions are up, and that's already something good.

I do not want to diminish the growth they have seen. It is great and as a fan I am happy to see it grow in place like YouTube subs and twitch subs.

I am going to be selfish here for a moment. I really wish during this e3 coverage they had done a better job pushing there patreon. They had some great growth in patreon already from e3, but I just want that 45k goal so badly. Let me add that I love that they do not use banners across their twitch and youtube content throughout their normal programing. This week I think it could have been hugely beneficial. Their God of WAR reaction has something like 50k hits. How many of those 50k know that EZA has a patreon?

It is all me being selfish for that goal, but I think all of the patrons would have understood that for 1 week they needed to sell their brand.
Edit: weird auto-correct

The banner is spread across all their E3 footage throughout the week. They don't need to bring it up all the time. People have eyes and they can see it. If they like what they see, they can pledge and aren't being annoyed by them constantly bringing it up.

kenta

Has no PEINS
And we've come full circle to complaining about them not promoting the Patreon (even though it's been in all-caps at the top of every evening stream) (also I am guilty of it but I've gotten over it; they be them)

This thread has been weird lately. I wanted to take a moment to shout out to the Allies who lurk this thread and say you're all awesome and we love you. Especially Ian.

The quickie idea sucked, I wanted to hear more about Attack on Titan and Gravity Rush 2 deserved more :(
I disagree. Without that idea those games would have easily been pushed aside for other games. I heard all I needed to for games like Gears and GR2 in those quick bite sized impressions. Plus it was a fun Change of pace game

sora87

I disagree. Without that idea those games would have easily been pushed aside for other games. I heard all I needed to for games like Gears and GR2 in those quick bite sized impressions. Plus it was a fun Change of pace game

Pshhttt, they spent way more time on other games that didn't deserve it and gloss over interesting stuff. Thus is the life of the niche game :(

Tsosie

I am blind and dumb. I have been watching non-stop and have never noticed the banner. This is what I meant when said i wish they were doing a better job. I guess I got so used to watching their streams that I didnt even notice the change. Sorry everyone.

llehuty

Are they posting their Day 2 impressions? I was hoping to listen to them while at work :/

Right? I'm refreshing YouTube every 5 minutes. Need that to listen to while I trudge through all of this paperwork.

EDIT: Thanks for the update, Blood!

Don't know if you are able to use twitch at work, but this is what I used:

Burt

Yeah, I think it worked out really well. There's always time for more in-depth stuff, stream nearly every single day, so it's good to hear overall impressions on a bunch of stuff they played rather than get bogged down in minutiae for every single title.

Vinc

I just wanna say, EZA's coverage has been nothing short of incredible. Even better than last year. I appreciate everything. I'm still going through all the content!

J-Skee

Don't know if you are able to use twitch at work, but this is what I used:

I can use it just fine on my phone at work. Problem is, I'm running into my data cap for my cell phone plan & I need the YouTube Red download feature so I could hit up Dunkin' Donuts real quick & cop some WiFi for that offline use back at my desk.

Wagram

I'll probably pick up Setsuna since Brad is so high on it. Going to need it before we all get hit by the XV train of death.

llehuty

I can use it just fine on my phone at work. Problem is, I'm running into my data cap for my cell phone plan & I need the YouTube Red download feature so I could hit up Dunkin' Donuts real quick & cop some WiFi for that offline use back at my desk.

Ah I see...

*Keeps using his office computer and network to listen to easy allies*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom