• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Plays Pokémon is the best. I loved his reaction to the physical badges, and the fact that he recognized how cool Parasect, one of my top 20 favorite Pokémon, is. And then he taught Kyle about real-life Parasects, which is one of the things I love so much about the series!

Lexad

I have come to realize that I miss Blood not being on every podcast, but recognize the importance of it rotating so we can see more of the other Allies.

Blood always has been a bit more analytical and measured which is a great counterpoint to the others.

Kasper

Watching Ben chicken out on his own bet live on tape... I expected better of you, Benpai.
73b7190968cd7cc1fac6e4d2643da89b.jpg

Ben,

I had that same dream about shelving my games and it was my main motivation to migrate from an apartment to a house. So much so that when I got a house I said I'd dedicate one room to just shelves, which I jokingly call my library. It really turned out great. My dad helped build out a ikea shelf solution. I also turned my dining room into a room for statues and a guest bedroom into a retro game room. I posted them in the gaf comic book communist thread once or twice. I have picks i could show If you or others are curious.

Ben,

I had that same dream about shelving my games and it was my main motivation to migrate from an apartment to a house. So much so that when I got a house I said I'd dedicate one room to just shelves, which I jokingly call my library. It really turned out great. My dad helped build out a ikea shelf solution. I also turned my dining room into a room for statues and a guest bedroom into a retro game room. I posted them in the gaf comic book communist thread once or twice. I have picks i could show If you or others are curious.

Well you can't just not post pics after getting me hyped :(

Ben,

I would love to see pictures. This sounds inspiring!

I would love to see pictures. This sounds inspiring!

Alright here they are. So about 2-3 years ago I went on this huge game collecting spree on ebay for classic games and it kind of filled out things a lot. You can click the images for larger versions of them.

So here's my "Library room". Taken from a couple angles and of course its filled in more the last couple years:

Here's my statue room. Its got some time gaps so you'll see other statues fill in gaps:

Here's my retro game room. This has all my old consoles and my sega cd, genesis, saturn collections as well.

Then my Computer room. And where my DS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, SNES, N64 games, and DC games. And more shelves of comics in my bedroom

What I don't show is my main living room. But that's where my Wii U, PS3, X360, Xbox One, and Steamlink

And one bonus footage is a certain person I ran into on the Comicon floor the year I went (I believe this was 2010?) that was looking at the latest Metal Gear solid action figures. His handler was cool enough to let me get a photo with him. And i was stunned others didn't know a gaming god was walking among them.

A couple more pics of the statues closer up
http://imgur.com/a/awUti

wiibomb

Alright here they are. So about 2-3 years ago I went on this huge game collecting spree on ebay for classic games and it kind of filled out things a lot. You can click the images for larger versions of them.

So here's my "Library room". Taken from a couple angles and of course its filled in more the last couple years:

Here's my statue room. Its got some time gaps so you'll see other statues fill in gaps:

Here's my retro game room. This has all my old consoles and my sega cd, genesis, saturn collections as well.

Then my Computer room. And where my DS, 3DS, PSP, Vita, SNES, N64 games, and DC games. And more shelves of comics in my bedroom

What I don't show is my main living room. But that's where my Wii U, PS3, X360, Xbox One, and Steamlink

And one bonus footage is a certain person I ran into on the Comicon floor the year I went (I believe this was 2010?) that was looking at the latest Metal Gear solid action figures. His handler was cool enough to let me get a photo with him. And i was stunned others didn't know a gaming god was walking among them.

this is all levels of awesome..

beautiful collection, beautiful picture with the god. a room like that is one of my life goals, I hope I get there someday

Good Lord...

Moving into my first apartment was really exciting for me. The first box I packed when moving out of my parents house was all the game stuff that I wanted to display on the shelf I'd eventually buy. It's still getting filled up, and it's missing all the retro systems I have back at my parents house still, but I'm really proud of this.

Great episode Ben!
If you don't mind me asking, did your move get you closer to the other Allies?
I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that you had to do the most traveling in order to do these podcasts.

Hasney

Because I've moved around like a nomad, I had to dump all my non current-gen games to a 5TB HDD and while it's not the same, it'll do. I have a Neo Geo USB arcade stick so at least that's slightly accurate...

Just moved into my new place a couple of weeks ago and bought a baby bookshelf for my PS4/XB1/Wii U games though.. Totally no nails coming out the top of that thing. No siree.

KeRaSh

Does anyone else miss the seven hour long rambling sessions of three mad men every Friday or is that just me?
#DEFECTION
I loved the streams, although they did have some technical issues because for some reason they would show some card game instead of staying full screen the whole time... :p

grimmiq

Moving into my first apartment was really exciting for me. The first box I packed when moving out of my parents house was all the game stuff that I wanted to display on the shelf I'd eventually buy. It's still getting filled up, and it's missing all the retro systems I have back at my parents house still, but I'm really proud of this.

It might just be a shitty photo....but does that Nathan Drake statue have no face?

Gketter that's amazing! This is exactly what I plan to do with my house the next few years!
Yea the main thing was why just waste rooms with setups I know I won't use I.e formal dining room if I'll never eat there, or guest bedrooms when all my family lives in the area, Etc. Instead I customize it to something id want

Edit: wow Kyles stream just ended. A 6 hour blow out. He's going to be tired today!

UrbanRats

I pretty much sell all my games as soon as I beat them. The few I want to keep I buy digitally. I feel bad right now.

Don't feel bad man, collecting isn't for everyone.
Personally i never got pleasure from collecting even stuff like statuettes, posters and such memorabilia.
99% of collector's editions are pointless to me.

Still, it's cool to see photos like those above, i just wouldn't get enjoyment out of it myself.

MrMette

Holy crap, you are right. Fortunately EZA "only" lost like 4k and are still above 60k, some other channels i follow lost a lot more.

Yeah, I saw some guy of a small youtube channel say he only lost 200 (out of +- 6k), but big channels lost a lot more. They either cleaned out bots or just inactive accounts.

The strange thing is that you would expect the EZA channel to not have inactive accounts as subscribers as it is so new. Maybe they just made a big mistake with the accounts or something.

edit:
I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-YiG3C3mxQ
I don't know how true this is, but I guess it's the case.

I still think it is weird as EZA is such a new channel to lose 4k subs.

Also this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/4q831r/losing_subscribers/

Very unfortunate, but they will get them back.

Tankard

Yeah, I saw some guy of a small youtube channel say he only lost 200 (out of +- 6k), but big channels lost a lot more. They either cleaned out bots or just inactive accounts.

The strange thing is that you would expect the EZA channel to not have inactive accounts as subscribers as it is so new. Maybe they just made a big mistake with the accounts or something.

edit:
I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-YiG3C3mxQ
I don't know how true this is, but I guess it's the case.

I still think it is weird as EZA is such a new channel to lose 4k subs.

Also this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/4q831r/losing_subscribers/

Very unfortunate, but they will get them back.

Even as suspended/deleted accounts still must feel bad for small youtubers to lose any subs, a bit discouraging.

My channel lost a subscriber. That's almost 1% of my subscribers!

Hasney keeps winning.

I have come to realize that I miss Blood not being on every podcast, but recognize the importance of it rotating so we can see more of the other Allies.

Blood always has been a bit more analytical and measured which is a great counterpoint to the others.

The best and worst thing about Easy Allies is I miss whoever isn't on the podcast. That's why I love the group streams, everyone's there.

MrMette

Even as suspended/deleted accounts still must feel bad for small youtubers to lose any subs, a bit discouraging.
Yeah, I checked a bigger channel as well which had 3.4 milion subs and he lost +- 75k subs (weird as I thought he had more when I checked yesterday). Those losses are quite significant.

But I agree that it is quite discouraging for the smaller channels. Hopefully everybody get their subs back quickly.

Edit:
You can check it on this website apparenlty: http://socialblade.com/youtube/c/easyallies

Maligna

Banned
Was just watching random YouTube and look who I found!

https://youtu.be/h1F-kgS4FqM
Mr. Kyle Bosman playing D&D with other comedians. How come we haven't heard of this?

This channel is "JASH Play" which is a spin off channel of "JASH". https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jash
Jash (stylized as JASH) is a web-based comedy webseries created by Michael Cera, Tim Heidecker, Eric Wareheim, Sarah Silverman and Reggie Watts.

Hopefully Kyle is moving up in the comedy world. I know he's passionate about it. If you look at some of the newer D&D videos on this channel you can see Reggie Watts. Kyle Bosman and Reggie Watts on the same channel. Crazy!

llehuty

I just finished the latest Frame Trap, and damn the Zero Time Dilemma hype. For some reason I am 2 endings away of completing 999 since two years ago, but aw yissssss Schrodinger cat hype (Every single game featuring a reference to the Schrodinger cat, is a good game).

Might restart 999 to get into all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom