• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly thought that Kyle would do a normal playthrough of aLttP, but now I'm pretty much convinced he's going to glitch his way through.

I would've preferred a normal playtrhough w/ Damiani co-hosting, but I'm fine with a glitched playthrough as well. Kyle has already explained that he mostly doesn't like the game because the world doesn't seem real to him. Pretty sure that the comment about Link and his uncle's house only having one bed was a jab at that more so than just being a lame joke.
I agree about the bed part, but I think it would have increased the overall quality of the stream if he had belaboredly explained that point of view that we already knew he had instead of explaining it all with a single joke.

Zomba13

The weasling out of a bet thing is cute for the first time, kind of funny the second but then just gets boring. Like, I love the bet specials, I love how they all enjoy making stupid bets with silly stakes but Kyle really bums me out with this shit. I know he thinks it's funny and a lot of people love it but it just comes across as a being a sore loser, especially when Huber mans up and delivers because he ain't no punk as weasel.

Like, why do the bets in the first place if you're going to do, at best, the absolute bare minimum to fulfil the bet according to the letter or the law and not the spirit. I'd rather see betting specials and the like with Huber and anyone else at this point. There are no stakes unless Huber loses.

Bosman gonna get the betting red card and be suspended for the gamescom bets, will be Huber vs Ben instead.

YES! New Super Final Bets with Ben and Huber. Kyle doesn't deserve to ever see the Slusser Cup ever again. Ben is an honourable man who lives by the code of bushido, he'd perform original stand up and play through a Zelda game.

Arkain

The weasling out of a bet thing is cute for the first time, kind of funny the second but then just gets boring. Like, I love the bet specials, I love how they all enjoy making stupid bets with silly stakes but Kyle really bums me out with this shit. I know he thinks it's funny and a lot of people love it but it just comes across as a being a sore loser, especially when Huber mans up and delivers because he ain't no punk as weasel.

Like, why do the bets in the first place if you're going to do, at best, the absolute bare minimum to fulfil the bet according to the letter or the law and not the spirit. I'd rather see betting specials and the like with Huber and anyone else at this point. There are no stakes unless Huber loses.

He just lost himself one of his three sessions, but I don't see how he can fully weasel out of this. The contract stated that he should do a "complete, full" playthrough, no? That should be specific enough to stop glitch runs from happening.

Yeah, that's fine. I just don't understand how you can think that's weak content. It's weird dude. I came to this thread just to post about how good I thought it was when I watched it.

I'm not really offended by Kyle's shenanigans, but I cannot see how his short-lived stream was "good content."

People stop what they are doing to watch something. Something that many pay for. It's just not really funny to a lot of us anymore and therefore feels a bit disrespectful.

KJRS_1993

I'm not too keen on the bet weaselling either tbh.

What's the point in betting to begin with if you're not gonna face up when you lose?

Xemnas89

I thought it was kind of funny but I'm not a backer. If you're someone that is backing easy allies and something like this happens I think being upset about it is justified.

Auctopus

Wow, there are some salty people in this thread. Are people seriously questioning their pledges? Get a grip.

Easy Update was great btw.

styl3s

I love that Bosman is doing the bet this way because it's typical heel Bosman.

Also, Huber convinced Bosman last minute to make dons answers worth 3 points. Why? Because Huber knew what the final score would be without those points. BACKDOOR SHADY DEALS HUBER.

The questioning of pledges comes off as tacky especially considering it's 1 video out of what? 100 hours of content you a month between schedule non scheduled streams, reviews shows etc.

Wow, there are some salty people in this thread. Are people seriously questioning their pledges? Get a grip.

Easy Update was great btw.

Like Tom Merritt always says, Patreon is a value-for-value model. Creators produce the content and Patreons decide how much the content is worth to them. If they aren't getting any value out of it, they should be free to pull their pledges. There's nothing wrong with that and people need to understand this side as well.

It's not like Kyle or EZA in general is actively trying to screw Patreons over, so the amount of people who would might want to reconsider their pledges because of this will be small anyway.

But it's understandable why people might feel cheated by Kyle.

Dmax3901

I'm not really offended by Kyle's shenanigans, but I cannot see how his short-lived stream was "good content."

People stop what they are doing to watch something. Something that many pay for. It's just not really funny to a lot of us anymore and therefore feels a bit disrespectful.

It's not like he's thrown up a 5 minute EZA podcast or something, a regular show that is listed on their Patreon page. This latest shenanigan is the outcome of a betting special that only happens a few times a year. It's not trying to be 'good content'. If this is enough to get you rethink spending money on EZA... Well all I can say is please keep it up Kyle.

NuttSack

Any member of GAF could have delivered that quality of a stream or better. I just expect more. Try and deliver and elevate your craft. Not just the bare minimum.

The guy could have delivered a legit stream and explained his complaints in real time through the game and instead we get something like this.

Strive for better
Alright just calm down, you're talking as if he owes you something.
They make these bets for fun and he wanted to make a joke, for fun.
Kyle still has 2 other streams and i'm sure he'll troll around during them again, you know, for fun.

I enjoy the EZA community but i've been noticing that a bunch you like to blow things waaaay out of proportion.

All I know is that I laughed a lot at it, and I'm excited for the next one. I thought it was clever! He's sabotaging himself too out of spite, which fits.

MrMette

Well Huber said he is going to retire with the slusser cup if Bosman weasels out of this one, so we will probably not going to have another bet special (I do hope they do it with someone else, but I think it is Kyle who came up with it, so I guess not).

If that's the case, it sucks. I understand Huber (I would be the same), but I really like the bet specials.
We will see. I am quite sure he will do a second 15 minute stream and then he either plays it with glitches/cheats in his emulator or he uses a gamegenie or something to "finish" the game.

Why would anyone bet with somebody who almost never honors his bets? I understand it is a bet with friends and I agree that I sometimes find it very funny how he weasels out of it, but I would have watched a LttP stream with Kyle, I think it could be fantastic.
Ah well. I seriously hope nobody subscribed to twitch yesterday during the stream who didn't know EZA because they will probably leave and never come back. I don't think this is good press. If you don't know Kyle, you will probably not understand what's happening.

(also, Kyle is probably laughing his ass of while reading these comments)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If he doesn't honor this bet then Ben and Huber go up against each other Sogui bets style. Ben likes bets as well.

It was a bit of a troll bet to begin with: specifically choosing a game he hates and forcing him to play it. Kinda mean. They drew first blood!

However, I was looking forward to Bosman ripping it apart, all the way through, to completion. We might still get this.

MrMette

It was a bit of a troll bet to begin with: specifically choosing a game he hates and forcing him to play it. Kinda mean. They drew first blood!

However, I was looking forward to Bosman ripping it apart, all the way through, to completion. We might still get this.
Yeah, but I think this was because he didn't honor his bet the previous year. It's not that he doesn't give Huber crazy bets either.

If I was Huber and would still do the bets (and Kyle doesn't finish his LTTP bet this year, which can still happen), I would probably give him the same bet, but even stricter. Maybe get someone who knows a lot about contracts to set it up.

Imo he puts this on himself as he weaseled out of a few bets before. I really like Kyle and like I said before, it is funny when he weasels himself out of a bet, but this one is more or less bulletproof and I think he will just no honor the bet. The animal jokes were a good way to troll the bet, if he is going to cheat to finish the game, I don't think I would count it as a full play through.

But what do I know :)

I will still like his content either way.

What has everyone become?
Whiners.

If this makes you reconsider your pledge, you might as well leave now. Because you have a pathetically thin skin.

I was hoping he'd play through and rip the game apart, but honestly at this point, seeing a glitch playthrough would be funnier.

Auctopus

If this makes you reconsider your pledge, you might as well leave now. Because you have a pathetically thin skin.

The insane amount of content pledgers get from EZA then Bosman has a little joke and people are legit shook; forgetting that there's dozens of new streams on EZA Plays right now.

You should probably get ready for Bosman to upload another 5 minute stream before the 3rd part being him using the glitch tactic to finish the game in under 5 minutes.

Karu

Critics of Critics of Kyle: Don't ridicule the critics. This would have ended by now. No one is talking about the end of the world here. In the small bubble of Easy Allies, this might be a big deal to some, that's valid in my opinion.

MrMette

I just cancelled my pledge because i dont think trolling is funny.
While I do agree that I don't find this particularly funny (I usually do like his troll moves, but he should just play the damn game), I will not cancel my pledge because of one instance each year.

I love most of their content and I really want to keep supporting the people who give me so much hours of entertainment each week.

It would suck if they lose some subscribers/patrons because of this, but I do think it is a bit harsh as it is not that big of a deal for me either (but you do you).

BBboy20

So, we care more about abiding to something then being entertained? Do we have very different reasons in why we like these folks to begin with?

nBSTjQX.gif

Sorry to read that, but if that's the case EZA was never a good place for you, trolling is part of what this guys do.

In my case I'll keep supporting them, I just can't ignore the thousands of hours of content they've created and I don't want them to stop.

MrMette

So, we care more about abiding to something then being entertained? Do we have very different reasons in why we like these folks to begin with?

I just think that if you bet something you should follow this up or don't bet at all.
I like them because they are entertaining and they are the only people I am a patron for (although I always said I would never do that) because I respect them and love their content.

I do love the betting specials as well and all the side bets. But if there is no consequence for them, why put in the time to do them?

I just can not stand lairs or people who will say that they will do something and then don't do that. Does that let me hate Kyle? Not at all and I will keep supporting them as this is not that much of a deal, but it does put a dent in me believing anything Kyle says.

This is the way I am, I can't really help this, I have always been like this.
I think I am not alone in this. People are different, so although we all love EZA, it is certain some people will get annoyed by stuff other people don't care about.

BBboy20

I just think that if you bet something you should follow this up or don't bet at all.
I like them because they are entertaining and they are the only people I am a patron for (although I always said I would never do that) because I respect them and love their content.

I do love the betting specials as well and all the side bets. But if there is no consequence for them, why put in the time to do them?

I just can not stand lairs or people who will say that they will do something and then don't do that. Does that let me hate Kyle? Not at all and I will keep supporting them as this is not that much of a deal, but it does put a dent in me believing anything Kyle says.

This is the way I am, I can't really help this, I have always been like this.
I think I am not alone in this. People are different, so although we all love EZA, it is certain some people will get annoyed by stuff other people don't care about.
Why put time and energy into anything that doesn't involve hunting and gathering?

MrMette

Wow... people are taking this way too seriously. Bets are meant to be fun. Jeez.

Take a breather.

I do think they're fun, I just think he should play the game ;)

Btw, I understand that people don't see a problem with this, it is just something rooted in my being that I think you should honor bets or stuff you say, that's all.

BBboy20

HAHA just kidding. you all got trolled. i'm still a patreon!

so. this is comedy, huh? tbh feels pretty good being this clever.
Considering text is the weakest way to convey subtle comedy and how this situation is exploding right before us, getgud at this next time.

Karu

I only have it on in the background, but the first hour of Ben's Star Ocean stream Pt.2 makes the game looks sooooo bland, geez.

Hasney

I only have it on in the background, but the first hour of Ben's Star Ocean stream Pt.2 makes the game looks sooooo bland, geez.

Yeah, if you want a recent JRPG and have a Wii U, I think #FE is the way to go. Star Ocean seems to always disappoint.

MrMette

Yeah, I only saw a little piece of it (of the first stream) and I am not sure if Ben was enjoying it that much. It also doesn't get high scores.

I was thinking of buying it as well, but I have too much games to play as is, so maybe it is a good thing.

Splendor

Good lord we dont even know if he is weaseling his way out yet. He had 3 streams and I think he thought giving one up for the troll was worth it, and I agree since I thought the troll was funny. However he still has time to do it. This is like getting mad at a show halfway through the episode, let it play out and if he does weasel out then you can be annoyed.

Also to people to who claim Bosman always weasels out,his required to be original standup was indeed original and I thought was very funny, so he did that one genuinely. Also an hour of standup is fucking unreasonable from Huber. Writing Jokes is hard, especially good ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom