• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
There youtube channels that do skits and get millions of views doing it.

I think this trial thing was at that level, you kinda need to know all the context of GT and EZA to fully enjoy it tho.

dickroach

UAQcNMO.png

Aters

This is so good. They used the Chrono Trigger trial music before the stream. These guys are true genius! Also you can see Ben is laughing so hard inside.

Lexad

I lost my shit at Damiani explaining how Kingdom Hearts Timeline and Anime Conventions give him the right to judge mental illness.

My roommate was watching SGDQ and looked very concerned for me in that moment.

KeRaSh

I couldn't have said it any better than Ben during the trial and I was a little disappointed when Huber released Kyle from his contract (what an intense vote!) but we all know Kyle would have found a way to make it as miserable as possible so Huber did the right thing. We will get to see a jolly LttP playthrough and I hope it gets an insane amount of views to prove Kyle wrong. :p
In the end there's no way anyone can be mad at the outcome with such an amazing and hilarious trial. The hug at the end was heartwarming.
Love and respect, Allies! That is why I became a Patron.

Auctopus

49 to 51. It's like the referendum all over again.

I thought Kyle was Guilty going in but after the trial, I actually thought he was innocent. I think Huber was just a little peeved he got out of it. Also, Huber now streaming LTTP is sort of weird. So now Kyle hasn't received any punishment? Besides possibly losing his chair at the betting special.

Great stream either way.

Awesome! Thanks for the link.
Looking back, I really wish Don would jump into the EZA crew. I really liked his vids he contributed to the site, but I would also liked if he was a regular on the podcasts or did some gaming streams.
Maybe I'm missing something, but the only time I see him, he's sitting quietly on the background during the group streams.

Zomba13

I thought Kyle was Guilty going in but after the trial, I actually thought he was innocent. I think Huber was just a little peeved he got out of it. Also, Huber now streaming LTTP is sort of weird. So now Kyle hasn't received any punishment? Besides possibly losing his chair at the betting special.

Great stream either way.

Except this time the right option won.

Maiar_m

All good fun. Both played their role well, with Huber going for the mercy sentence.
Edit: And yeah, Brandon is straight out of Ace Attorney.

Hasney

I'm still shook that we had both the greatest wrestling match and the greatest video game stream of all time in the same night.

MrMette

I couldn't have said it any better than Ben during the trial and I was a little disappointed when Huber released Kyle from his contract (what an intense vote!) but we all know Kyle would have found a way to make it as miserable as possible so Huber did the right thing. We will get to see a jolly LttP playthrough and I hope it gets an insane amount of views to prove Kyle wrong. :p
In the end there's no way anyone can be mad at the outcome with such an amazing and hilarious trial. The hug at the end was heartwarming.
Love and respect, Allies! That is why I became a Patron.

I completely agree with this.

"The Trial" was everything I hoped it would be *slow clap*

Huber streaming the game instead of Kyle kinda limits the potential for more fun, the saga could have continued! But there will be more shenanigans at the next betting special I'm sure, so no biggie.

I really love the EZA crews sense of humour, you guys are so great, thank all of you!

L&R

Great stream either way.

How? Blood crushed Kyle and Kyle's rebuttal to it was a mixture of dismissive hand waving and poorly thought out rubbish. The only reason it looked good for him was because it was so poorly thought out it managed to confuse Blood.

In hindsight, I think Huber should've said that he'd stream LTTP but Kyle had to sit next to him and watch every session from beginning to end. No phones, tablets or any other distractions, he has to stay focused on the TV as Huber plays the entire game.

MrMette

It does work (and I am not saying this because of the outcome). The voters (representing the community) got their say in this and it was very close. We also got a great show. What more do you want?

Be happy that this vote didn't have super high stakes.

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm 5 minutes in the The Trial of Kyle Bosman but i have to give my kudos to Easy Allies because they managed to transform a small (and embarrassing to be honest) outrage of some people in another piece of entertainment.

Auctopus

It's also funny reading through the comments on this thread and the separate Trial thread seeing people who clearly aren't worked up at the avoidance of the bet but purely because they can't deal with someone not liking the precious Link to the Past.

I'm 5 minutes in the The Trial of Kyle Bosman but i have to give my kudos to Easy Allies because they managed to transform a small (and embarrassing to be honest) outrage of some people in another piece of entertainment.

Yeah, exactly this.

MrMette

I agree. It went somewhat overboard and they managed to create something amazing out of it.

Man my face when the Straw poll going to guilty was one of pure shock. This thing was more ace attorney than the first trilogy. Edge of my seat. Blood going ham, I thought that was it. Then Jones AND Damiani coming to the defense with authority solid rebuttals. The Huber factor. And then Bosman decimating both Huber and Blood back to back... And still catching the guilty sentence. I was so shook. His face was priceless. Best EZA night every. What a treasure. What a tale.

So happy that they hugged on stream too because some of you guys really had some agendas... just was friends being friends.

Auctopus

Tempted to settle in this weekend and watch a bunch of Ben's Star Ocean stream but the opening hour and Ben's "closing comment" on Twitter make me unsure, haha. Might be a fun stream either way.

So happy that they hugged on stream too because some of you guys really had some agendas... just was friends being friends.

This too. It's what took the 'outrage' to slightly embarrassing levels.

LeleSocho

Banned
Sophie barking when Jones was defending Kyle was a sign... and at some point you could even hear a siren sentencing prematurely Bosman's fate.

so that's it? huber plays alttp and kyle does nothing? he needs a real punishment. like playing animal crossing amiibo festival by himself. or full playthrough of paper mario colour splash.

Vinc

so that's it? huber plays alttp and kyle does nothing? he needs a real punishment. like playing animal crossing amiibo festival by himself. or full playthrough of paper mario colour splash.

One of my favorite GT streams of all time was Kyle playing Outlast. I LOVED that. I hope he somehow has to play more scary games. Those are super fun to watch.

MrMette

I think some of the insults he got were more than enough punishment to be honest. While I don't know if he cares that much about those, I think it is for the best that Huber got him out of the contract.

What a fantastic watch that trial was.

I'm against people trying to worm their way out of bets, but I can't see how the jury found Mr. Bosman guilty given all the evidence. He clearly held up his part of the deal.

I thought Mr. Huber had let the guilty party off with the "I'll play Zelda now" ridiculousness, but then he pulls out the Money in the Bank stipulation where anyone can now challenge for the Slusser Cup. That's going to hurt Bosman more than anything else.

MrMette

Good news: Persona 5 is going to be published in Europe (by Deep Silver, which is weird, but whatever). I was planning on importing it from Canada or something, but luckily this won't be needed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom