• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just recuse myself from the podcasts going forward since people don't honestly like who I am and think it's an act or something.
Nah dude. You are you. It's ok. People behind keyboards say the meanest insults since you can't reach through the screen and tell them to say it in your face. It's disrespectful but also the internet. Just like Ben and Huber, or Bosman for that matter, you never have to apologize for your personality. You're not offensive. A vocal few in this thread are. Don't stress that. Like Jones brought up in the podcast during the console war bit, separate the ones who can criticize without being childish or insulting vs the ones who actually critique while being respectful. You're fine.

Edit: And to all the ones bringing down this once beautiful, celebratory OT and attacking these people who you so supposedly support, you suck. Plain and simple. Your insults are gross and a slight to everything EZA stands for. I hope eventually you takes your disdain elsewhere. EZA definitely doesn't need your money.

I'll just recuse myself from the podcasts going forward since people don't honestly like who I am and think it's an act or something.

See this? I've been saying for weeks like shitty comments like the ones above affect the Allies. And you see all the people that told me I was being too hard on everyone?

People need to treat the Allies like human beings. Critisism is fine but you're talking about real.human beings. Be fucking kind.

Damiani, please don't change for anyone. NeoGAF represents a very small portion of the community that I would just ignore. We're just a bunch of cynical bastards that call Huber cringey, get mad at Ben for being excited about Persona 5, or say they hate you for the smallest of reasons.

Vinc

I pretty much love all the content you're involved with, including your podcast appearances. Some people just like to be extremely uneasy allies these days it seems. I don't honestly care about their opinion, but I certainly would hate to lose out on your podcast appearances just because a few people with really bad taste on the internet.

UrbanRats

NeoGAF represents a very small portion of the community that I would just ignore. We're just a bunch of cynical bastards that call Huber cringey, get mad at Ben for being excited about Persona 5, or say they hate you for the smallest of reasons.

GAF isn't a hivemind.
Some guy's opinion doesn't represent everyone's.
GAF is a place with a bunch of people, like any other community, people will have different opinions, some will express them more or less politely.

My advice, essentially: Haters gonna hate, who cares?

See this? I've been saying for weeks like shitty comments like the ones above affect the Allies. And you see all the people that told me I was being too hard on everyone?

People need to treat the Allies like human beings. Critisism is fine but you're talking about real.human beings. Be fucking kind.

Damiani, please don't change for anyone. NeoGAF represents a very small portion of the community that I would just ignore. We're just a bunch of cynical bastards that call Huber cringey, get mad at Ben for being excited about Persona 5, or say they hate you for the smallest of reasons.
What kills me is how there is a huge amount of support for Giant Bomb, who I consider huge cynical troll personalities, and they get defended super hard for practically not being excited about anything. Hype is mentioned in the title of this OT yet people are just tearing Huber and Ben down like nothing. I wa so appalled by the one guy in the "The trial of Kyle Bosman" thread because of what he said about Huber I couldn't even stay there. The negativity makes no sense.

If any of the Allies are reading this I would just like to say I am LOVING Tabletop as someone who has never played any sort of Tabletop RPG. I honestly never gave them a chance as it didn't sound fun to me. But since I like to watch as much content as possible that the Allies put out I decided to follow this and man is it great stuff.

Funny as hell and never have any idea what's gonna happen next. Great job crew. That cat race track part in the latest episode was great

Lexad

I'm not sure if you mean what I say is becoming illogical and weird or if you're referring to Huber. You're probably right in either case. It honestly doesn't bother me.

I've had to improvise more with TTE because the group has gone so off the rails. So yes, I'm pulling a lot out of my ass. I enjoy that, though. It's a different kind of fun than elaborately planned stories. Rolling with things and seeing what happens is so enjoyable for me, and it's an essential part of DnD.

I do feel like people jump the gun a bit too much. If you're sick of the town, it's coming to an end very soon. If you want more story bits, it's coming very soon. Keep in mind that the ebb and flow will change constantly. Just because you didn't like the direction of a particular episode doesn't mean it's going to be the same for every single one. Even if it feels like it after three or four of them. Sometimes the ship takes awhile to change course, but that's only because this isn't a scripted thing.

EDIT: I hope this post doesn't come across the wrong way. The only reason I'm responding is because I actually really sympathize with a lot of the complaints here. They have merit. The group has just been "dicking around in town" for a long time, and I can appreciate the desire for more focus, logic, and consistency. I just wanted to say where I was coming from and to reiterate that I believe those issues are going to be addressed in the near future.

EDIT: Lore corner is not dead. I've just been busy and neglecting it. Totally on me. I might try and do one tomorrow.

This is just me personally though I suspect it is the same for others.

We saw how much effort you put into the story and this thread always got busy after a lore corner. There is this cool world that you have written a small novel on and all these interactions between factions and nations. Due to the guys being themselves though and going on tangents, we haven't seen 1% of that.

I think most of the comments are coming from a place of wanting to see this world you built.

GAF isn't a hivemind.
Some guy's opinion doesn't represent everyone's.
GAF is a place with a bunch of people, like any other community, people will have different opinions, some will express them more or less politely.

My advice, essentially: Haters gonna hate, who cares?

Who cares? Ben does, judging by his Twitter posts. Damiani does, considering what he posted above.

That's all I care about.

What kills me is how there is a huge amount of support for Giant Bomb, who I consider huge cynical troll personalities, and they get defended super hard for practically not being excited about anything. Hype is mentioned in the title of this OT yet people are just tearing Huber and Ben down like nothing. I wa so appalled by the one guy in the "The trial of Kyle Bosman" thread because of what he said about Huber I couldn't even stay there. The negativity makes no sense.

Exactly. It's like people cant handle jolliness so they try and tear it down. Even people in this thread who claim to be fans just go ballistic and try and shit on the Allies.

What I've been doing is that everytime someone does shit like that I put them on my ignore list. It makes it easier so I don't have to see it.

Tankard

I think you are being way hyperbolic, it is impossible to be part of a community without criticism and only rainbows and sunshine, occasionally there's going to be a couple of people who will come in to this and, mainly, "open" threads like the Trial one and say things like that. EZA is one of the most healthy communities you can have here on Gaf, i've visit more than a few of them around here and it can get way more nasty.

UrbanRats

Who cares? Ben does, judging by his Twitter posts. Damiani does, considering what he posted above.

That's all I care about.

Can't believe we're having this discussion again, at this point is once every other page, and i'm fed up with it, but i was referring to Damiani, telling him to ignore those comments, basically.
Quitting the podcasts because of a couple of people on here (or elsewhere) would be absurd.
For every negative comment you read, there are 10 other people who enjoy what you do that don't post, so it'd be backwards to give that minority more credit.

That said, i swear to Christ this is the last time i'll engage in any discussion of this nature, on here, because i've seriously said everything i needed to say, and then some.

Vinc

Changing the subject while keeping the theme of polite "criticism"... Here's a thing I have to say about EZA so far.

I absolutely love the content, the shows, the sheer amount of content we get each week. I love cup of jones, I love the EZA Podcast, frametrap, Game Sleuth, the fact that we're getting a freaking Deus Ex retrospective, Huber Syndrome, BosvWoz, etc. I really, really appreciate everything we got so far, and I really can't wait for TrailerJones to happen as Trailer Score is one of my favorite GT shows.

But I will say that the lack of a proper, weekly Final Bosman episode every Wednesday leaves a huge gaping hole in my heart. I freaking love that show. The clever, accessible and colorful analogies, the unique and awesome humor injected into every episode, the way the show often addressed common anxieties prominent within the hardcore gaming community vs the state of the industry while having the ever present underlying theme of hope.

I'm grateful we have Bosman at home, and I know Kyle probably really needed a break and feels liberated not having to do the weekly show... but I feel like something was lost in the transition, and I think a lot of that probably stems from the fact that not doing it every week probably makes it challenging in a unique way to produce each episode.

Basically, I'm really grateful for everything we got so far. But the one thing that would really, really bring my happiness with EZA to the next level would be a proper return of The Final Bosman.

Uh you do realize he's also responding to your critiques that you made as well? Then when he responds you back peddle and say never change?

Look only one person went too far IMO in critiques. Just ignore that one guy and move on. Your pouncing on every single person only drags things out in this thread way longer than needed. This thread is so tame in the responses I'm sure they usually get in other circles (Youtube, Twitter, etc). I agree We should be respectful but IMO let the mods handle it.

I also can't read if Damiani is sincere or not with that post. It's unfortunately the price you pay when you have a rep of frequently trolling. Same with some people's reactions to his podcast appearances. I just find it hard to believe a couple generally mild critiques (outside that one guy) would have him stop all together.

There's things I like Damiani in, and others I don't. I do think he's integrating with the group better as time goes on. But people in the crew have different strengths and weaknesses.

You literally just said people who said negative stuff about Damiani can gtfo, when the general criticism is that he's trollish and negative compared to the other allies.

Can't believe we're having this discussion again, at this point is once every other page, and i'm fed up with it, but i was referring to Damiani, telling him to ignore those comments, basically.
Quitting the podcasts because of a couple of people on here (or elsewhere) would be absurd.
For every negative comment you read, there are 10 other people who enjoy what you do that don't post, so it'd be backwards to give that minority more credit.

That said, i swear to Christ this is the last time i'll engage in any discussion of this nature, on here, because i've seriously said everything i needed to say, and then some.

You're fed up with people getting mad at assholes saying awful things about the Allies? That's rich.

demu

Come on man, I think that's an overreaction. Most people like you and appreciate your input. The "hate comment" was way over the top, but other than that people just criticize the content, not you personally.

It really is a blessing and a curse that actual EZA members read this thread. They get a ton of feedback to make their content better, but some Allies tend to take the criticism to their heart and that's not very good.

Edit: And to all the ones bringing down this once beautiful, celebratory OT and attacking these people who you so supposedly support, you suck. Plain and simple. Your insults are gross and a slight to everything EZA stands for. I hope eventually you takes your disdain elsewhere. EZA definitely doesn't need your money.

Damn right. This thread has taken a real turn for the worse since Kyle's second LTTP stream. I'm sure there are still people doing the whole, "wow you can't handle any criticism" nonsense but a lot of people are just being straight up dicks now. Might be time for me to migrate over to the EZA forums.

I'm wondering if there's just a lot of new people who have been drawn in by recent events. The vitriol that's been thrown around lately wasn't present before E3.

Lexad

Ok.

New thread rule.

Someone says something shitty about the allies you don't like.

Ignore. Move on. Don't white knight for the allies, they can handle themselves.

Fighting back against them drags it out and then encourages other people to voice their opinion, positive or negative and gets increasingly hyperbolic to where one of the allies has to see it. This is how every shit show has started here. It is one thing to have a discussion and it is another to insult people, either allies or people in this thread.

Tankard

You're fed up with people getting mad at assholes saying awful things about the Allies? That's rich.

Why that's rich? I don't remember Urban being disrespectful to any of them. You can't accept having anyone have any kind of criticism towards anything (if it's something you disagree, because you just made yours a page ago) and this is even not the only place i've seen you picking up fights about. If the only thing you want is a community of yes people (when it suits you) then you will end up having a mental breakdown, it's not gonna happen, nor it should.

Criticism is valid, insults are not.

UrbanRats

Yes, i'm fed up with this thread not being about the content, and being about meta commentary about what critique should and shouldn't be.

In case there was any confusion, i'm not happy about people being rude assholes to anyone (Allies or not), and i personally have zero problems with anyone currently in the crew, but the constant bickering in this thread, about this very subject, got annoying as shit (put bluntly).

I won't stop anyone else from engaging in it though, it's really none of my business, just saying i'll refrain from participating in these sort of arguments again, because i've said my piece.

I hope Ben can sucker Kyle into playing 999 (and the rest of Zero Escape!) one of these days, I think he really would love it especially for one reason I cannot spoil!

Kasper

I hope you'll rethink this, as I think there's a lot of us, myself included, that enjoy you on the podcast and missed you on both this and GT Time when you were gone.

I don't know what the response have been outside of NeoGAF, but always keep in mind that GAF is just a vocal minority and not always an indicator of what a lot of people think, so just because there's some negative input here it doesn't necessarily mean a large portion of the fanbase dislike you. That doesn't mean you should flat-out ignore GAF, but we're definitely not the be-all and end-all, so just keep being you, Damiani.

WaterAstro

I like podcast Damiani just fine and I'm weirded out by the venom in some of these recent posts.

I definitely feel like the quality of the podcast spiraled downwards because of Damiani's pointless stalling. You can definitely see Bosman trying to run the show as well as he can, but just getting bogged down by Damiani.

I've listened to great podcasts since 1up Yours, and this one was just poorly paced even compared to the previous episodes of the EZA show.

Taxman

So I'm trying to get some people into EZA and I want to start with the Final Bosman. Is there a playlist of all his stuff now that Gametrailers.com just redirects to the youtube site? Or did we lose episodes?

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Seriously, there was that one platforming section where you repeatedly had to jump on Hippos' backs to make it across a river in that one.

I'm actually replaying through the first game right now and the platforming is the most frustrating aspect. Besides the god awful gummi missions.

dude, WHAT??????

I have so much fun hearing your comments and interactions with the other allies, please don't leave the podcast, it's great when you're there.

Tankard

So I'm trying to get some people into EZA and I want to start with the Final Bosman. Is there a playlist of all his stuff now that Gametrailers.com just redirects to the youtube site? Or did we lose episodes?

The GT website is no more, just the official youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaQokWZfgbyntw9DmZ6eBi3Nf3f72GFYv

Edit:
I don't think the official is complete, i think this one is:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLebTrVJAp3ahLn5VCxJpFrRIr6ogAMAzA

You literally just said people who said negative stuff about Damiani can gtfo, when the general criticism is that he's trollish and negative compared to the other allies.

Yo, whatever. There are times I've disagreed with him but that doesn't give me the right to hate the guy, detest the guy, insult the guy etc. He's a human being . His Crew loves him. They don't insult him on the show and they are his close friends. There is no excuse. Yeah, Huber's hype can be cringe sometime but so what?! Does he not get to be on the show? Or if he never was present for the podcast, would it be that much better? NO! Its the crew of EZA that makes them work. They are not a bunch of yesmen that always agree. They have fun in their disagreements, trolling or non. Negative critique ≠ insults. I don't even see Damiani as always negative personally but that's not even really the point. The fans are supposed to be about Love & Respect too. Where the heck is that in this thread anymore dude?

Edit: I just get the mental picture of people being armchair snobs trying to criticize people for being themselves. Its laughably disheartening. Who are you to say they act wrong or would be better left out of something they started? It's suggestive at best. Let these dudes live. The podcast is mega chill anyway. You think Kyle had a problem with it? Or anyone else for that matter?

Anticol

Banned
Damn, this people who hates on someone being critical and not hyped all the time are the worst, Damiani brings a lot to the allies and the podcast with his views and critical analysis, I don't want a podcast of four Huber type people liking every single game, hyped by every single game, and wanting a big bearded dude on every single game no matter what, I know that he does it as a fun joke, but I prefer someone being critical and able to judge a game from different views and not 5 people saying the game is absolutely great a 10 out of 10 every single time.

People trying to taking a member of the allies out of the podcast is close to censorship, Damiani belongs there and there are people, like me, who find him great and value his opinion.

WaterAstro

Damn, this people who hates on someone being critical and not hyped all the time are the worst, Damiani brings a lot to the allies and the podcast with his views and critical analysis, I don't want a podcast of four Huber type people liking every single game, hyped by every single game, and wanting a big bearded dude on every single game no matter what, I know that he does it as a fun joke, but I prefer someone being critical and able to judge a game from different views and not 5 people saying the game is absolutely great a 10 out of 10 every single time.

People trying to taking a member of the allies out of the podcast is close to censorship, Damiani belongs there and there are people, like me, who find him great and value his opinion.

I don't know if "What did Nintendo show that E3 year, whatever it is, Nintendo won" is being critical.

SMG2 being a better showing with that garbage trailer compared to Uncharted 2's insane Attack Helicopter scene with the building falling down and all the physics were on? Give me a break.

Ok.

New thread rule.

Someone says something shitty about the allies you don't like.

Ignore. Move on. Don't white knight for the allies, they can handle themselves.

Fighting back against them drags it out and then encourages other people to voice their opinion, positive or negative and gets increasingly hyperbolic to where one of the allies has to see it. This is how every shit show has started here. It is one thing to have a discussion and it is another to insult people, either allies or people in this thread.

Nah, I don't accept that. I understand it but its not cool seeing your friends getting disrespected and honestly that's how I, and I'm sure a lot of supporters of EZA, feel. These guys our are friends. Genuinely I feel that way. I grew up on GT. I've seen every Final Bosman. I care about them. The fact that we are even blessed with this thing that is Easy Allies is STILL incredible and momentous. And to think I'll allow others to just come into this OT, that is the main place of discourse for them here on GAF, and pop off with however they 'feel' in expressions of insults and demeaning assaults of character is unthinkable. That's like me actually going into the Giant Bomb OT and saying how I feel about them with no regard...what makes it worse though is that these are supposedely people who support EZA. Yet, many true colors came out after the Kyle LTTP stuff. Its been little stuff here and their, especially with Ben (who wears his heart on his sleeve in a admirable way and apologizes way too much), but then it went to Kyle in a huge way way, and now to Damiani (someone who I wouldn't even think was prone to that type to insulting behavior yet here we are). Its ridiculous man, utterly. I love GAF more than words but I'm strongly thinking about shifting to the EZa forums for all things EZA. I mean we just had the trial, which was one of the best things that they, nigh any, group of video game podcasters put out, and now today after the podcast its people in the very OT killing the vibe... repeatedly... still. Its upsetting and saddening to a huge extent, honestly man. They work their butts off for the fans... And they read the threads, showing they care enough to interact with us. And through all the praise and adoration they latch onto the negative, which is just human nature, and the FEEL man. They feel those words.

Ugh...so disappointed.

I don't know if "What did Nintendo show that E3 year, whatever it is, Nintendo won" is being critical.

SMG2 being a better showing with that garbage trailer compared to Uncharted 2's insane Attack Helicopter scene with the building falling down and all the physics were on? Give me a break.

He went with Uncharted 2 at the end. He's a Nintendo Fan. I can relate. Don't know if you watched all the way to the console war discussion but it gives a good dynamic as to why people like him express themselves the way they do.

wapplew

Finished the podcast, another good episode, don't see any problem at all, maybe I'm just easy.
Agree on console war is good, make thing more interesting, part of the fun of video games.

Also, they need to do something about the bets, the lead is too much.

Joqu

Ugh.

I do think this thread has an issue when it comes to dealing with people's criticism, both with people who offer more fair criticism, and especially with the ones who are dicks about it, sorry. Obviously I don't think the latter is cool. (And yes even with regular criticism people have reacted way too agitated towards them. I've seen it happen.)

Some people here are way too protective of the Allies. I get it, I love them too. And yes quite a few of them are members here, yes they read this thread. And you know what? That probably means they're able to handle it themselves. And if they can't, under normal circumstances, that probably means it's on them. I don't think that's going to happen often though, they've dealt with the internet before. When this whole thread starts to focus on the negativity though? Might be tougher then yeah. Nothing wrong with pointing out personal attacks aren't okay. Dedicating pages of this thread to it? Probably not such a good idea.

And then there's the overprotectiveness when it comes to the "jolliness" of the thread or whatever. Pretty unnecessary. It'll move on to positive vibes in no time on its own if you let it, and so will any trolls. Again, focusing so much on it only makes it worse as far as I'm concerned.

But hey, doing it myself now. Just figured I'd post my feelings on this one time. I'll try to ignore it from now on ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, I just want to add that like many people I also genuinely like who you are, Damiani. Skyward Sword is great though!

Haha have you ever been in a GB OT? The crew gets a ton of critiques. Just what scoops got from one podcast that community alone dwarfs anything this thread has ever seen combined.

Neiteio

I've watched Damiani's Zelda impressions from the Day One E3 discussion like 10 times. I really appreciate his enthusiasm and attention to detail. I'm sure many others do, as well. Seems like a really nice guy who has a great rapport with the others.

Damiani, if you're reading this, don't sweat the one or two people who made flip remarks. Just continue being you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom