• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Can you duplicate a save on Xbox for this game. I am ready to go to Azul, but I know you change the world at that point and I want to get the madness ending too without NG+.

DelireMan7

Agreed, this one wasn't too hard - do you learn where do you use the hourglass if you miss that location?
I don't remember exactly. I remember that Ranni mention that her old body is in this divine tower. And there you understand you need an item to access it.

I don't remember if you have an indication when you receive the hourglass (or in the description). I immediately knew it was for that tower but don't remember if it was because I had find the location before or if she tells you.

Edit : I was unclear. I am sure Ranni mentions this tower when telling you about her body. Then if you go, you're stuck but you now know the location.

Then when you receive the inverted statue, the description mention the location so it's how you know how to do it

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

I think i like bastards stars over the wing of astel.
Yea it's slower, but flails can't be parried, the special can go through walls, and it can be free aimed rather easily

Crownttano

I think i like bastards stars over the wing of astel.
Yea it's slower, but flails can't be parried, the special can go through walls, and it can be free aimed rather easily
I need to try that, just got Founding Rain of Stars today and messing around with Crystal Release. I'm mainly Faith/Incantation build but Intelligence so fun too.
My first post!! Cheers everyone 🤓🍻

today i went to volcano manor and fought the boss. what a shit fight and voice acting is fucking silly. also i was hoping to do the dungeon but fuck that apparently. i done the invasions and then went to tanith and she said if i want to meet the boss. i dont know what i was meant to do to get into the dungeon. oh well.

after that i went through the rest of the mountaintop. got the rivers of blood katana and upgraded it straight away to +9. fought the giant and went up to speak to waifu. well that seems to have fucked a lot of stuff up. ended up in farum azula. roderika is gone from the hold. i got as far as just after the fatty and skinny boss fight. im at ansite of grace that was behind a key gate. i hate this area so am taking a break today. i might ignore it for a while and go do the snowgrounds area and maybe fight malenia. also havent been to mogwyn palace yet.

im now lvl 129 and my bloodhound fang/rivers of blood are both +9. my uchigatana, nagakiba, longbow, and shield are all now at +25!

I'm level 127, 56 hrs played, and i still have only done 2 main bosses lol.....having too much fun doing other stuff and leveling my weapon up. Which reminds me.....where the hell is an easy somber smithing stone 6?
lol im only 2 levels above you but have played about 40 more hours.

you’ll need to progress to get better stones. eventually you will be able to buy as many as you need. a lot of the places you get somber 6 are underground areas

Last edited by a moderator:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Of the many game design elements From Software will be eternally remembered for, the bosses of its Soulsborne games will surely be at the top of the list. Beyond just challenging monstrosities, each boss is an intricate, unique work of art (well, perhaps not you, Bed of Chaos). Some are puzzles, others are tests of endurance, and a few are even cinematic set pieces. A small handful are gatekeepers: practical exams that demand you demonstrate your combat learnings before being allowed to continue. These are among the fiercest, most challenging fights, and while they may feel punishing in the moment, they provide valuable lessons to carry with you for the rest of the experience. Margit the Fell Omen, Elden Ring's first major boss, is one of these gatekeepers, and he stands proudly alongside From Software's best early-game foes.

On the latest episode of IGN's Art of the Level on Elden Ring, we dive deep into the Margit the Fell Omen boss battle, breaking down how the boss fits neatly inside a certain type of FromSoft foes, but more importantly works as an expertly designed lesson in Elden Ring's many combat ideas. We explore how the Margit boss fight is a practical demonstration of how all of Elden Ring's fighting mechanics, design, and more come together to teach and guide you how to take on future battles. This is Art of the Level.

Last edited:

Sgt.Asher

I need to try that, just got Founding Rain of Stars today and messing around with Crystal Release. I'm mainly Faith/Incantation build but Intelligence so fun too.
My first post!! Cheers everyone 🤓🍻
If you do try it keep in mind that spacing is important, more than other weapons in my experience.
also Grab adulas moonblade spell, good for large enemies as it can hit them multiple times

SkylineRKR

today i went to volcano manor and fought the boss. what a shit fight and voice acting is fucking silly. also i was hoping to do the dungeon but fuck that apparently. i done the invasions and then went to tanith and she said if i want to meet the boss. i dont know what i was meant to do to get into the dungeon. oh well.

after that i went through the rest of the mountaintop. got the rivers of blood katana and upgraded it straight away to +9. fought the giant and went up to speak to waifu. well that seems to have fucked a lot of stuff up. ended up in farum azula. roderika is gone from the hold. i got as far as just after the fatty and skinny boss fight. im at ansite of grace that was behind a key gate. i hate this area so am taking a break today. i might ignore it for a while and go do the snowgrounds area and maybe fight malenia. also havent been to mogwyn palace yet.

im now lvl 129 and my bloodhound fang/rivers of blood are both +9. my uchigatana, nagakiba, longbow, and shield are all now at +25!

There are 2 ways essentially. And by doing the invasions you can complete the questline and get armor sets. I did the manor dungeon afterward, it has some good loot.

I'm at the exact same spot and quite liking it. Use a holy ashen there, it wrecks those undead. I did Haligtree first and found it a tad harder.

Crownttano

If you do try it keep in mind that spacing is important, more than other weapons in my experience.
also Grab adulas moonblade spell, good for large enemies as it can hit them multiple times
Omg I'm sorry, I have tried those both.
I get confused with names. Currently in my experience and my friend's, Astel curved sword is bugged for us. If we do Golden Vow or Commander buff, the Weapon Art does not want to work, no damage. Is it the same for you?!
However that is not the case with Baby Rattle Bastard Flail in my experience.

I ended up testing Founding Rain and Crystal Release on Falling Star Beast, just made a GIF.. Iunno how to post proper

Sorry, cheers!

gioGAF

Love this game. I'm at the end of NG+. I have finished collecting all equipment and Ashes of War. I have upgraded everything that I find noteworthy. I'm currently testing out all of the spells and incantations to see which ones I like best. The next thing on my to do list is to collect all of the Spirit Ashes, I think I'm missing ten. I'm going to upgrade them and see which of those I like best.

So much to do, so many awesome pieces of equipment and interactions. Some people were saying the game is too long, but once you clear it once, there are only some places that need to be revisited. This makes new game cycles easier to traverse. Malenia is still cheesy :)

MadPanda

Banned
I'm level 127, 56 hrs played, and i still have only done 2 main bosses lol.....having too much fun doing other stuff and leveling my weapon up. Which reminds me.....where the hell is an easy somber smithing stone 6?

I don't know how's that possible considering I'm 50 hours ahead of you and 20 levels behind. You must've been farming the whole time.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
FUCKKKKK if you kill the boss of Volcano Manor it cancels all the invasion quests you haven't done.

Now I can't invade Vargram to get his armor.

I hate this shit.
Is the boss at the end of that random village in the back end? I was tempted to go there next but have only done 1 or 2 of the invasions quests for the lady at the manor.

Can you duplicate a save on Xbox for this game. I am ready to go to Azul, but I know you change the world at that point and I want to get the madness ending too without NG+.
You can upload a cloud save. Just make sure auto-uploads are disabled, so you don't overwrite it.

Sgt.Asher

Omg I'm sorry, I have tried those both.
I get confused with names. Currently in my experience and my friend's, Astel curved sword is bugged for us. If we do Golden Vow or Commander buff, the Weapon Art does not want to work, no damage. Is it the same for you?!
However that is not the case with Baby Rattle Bastard Flail in my experience.

I ended up testing Founding Rain and Crystal Release on Falling Star Beast, just made a GIF.. Iunno how to post proper

Sorry, cheers!
You're good mate, wings of astel worked for me but i never used it in co op or buffed. Good on the gif, i still haven't figured that out or cared too

jaysius

Banned
They’re gonna have to if they even want to have raytracing possible
Raytracing FROM SOFTWARE?

Danny Brown Laughing GIF by DANNY'S HOUSE
Laughter Through Tears Reaction GIF by Studia Soyuz

I found a video that gives you some valuable advice.

Sorry, it's probably not happening on consoles, perhaps on PC? If they could figure that out, just don't hold your breath on it, or you'll die.

Last edited:

Xerazal

Neo Member
Depends on each player I guess. I immediately understood for this ring.

I haven't reach the stuff with the invisible ennemy but I know that I read a note about it. So yes I might die once to them and then I will understand what I need to do. Because I've read note and description.

I read description of every weapons/armour/talisman/key item I get. It's part of the game for me and kind of necessary.

Some quest are too obscure I agree. Like the Millicent one I mentioned. Without meticulous exploration you don't get clues about her next location
Yea no, it was cryptic. It says "traverse the abyss". I took that as walk through the abyss, not fall into what looks like a bottomless pit inside a tower.

I'm running around on NG+ doing bosses to unlock all areas of the map. Everyone dies. Hauling close to 2M runes right now, waiting for the right moment to lose them all in some stupid fall.

It's some bullshit bell bearings don't carry over.

20cent

Banned
Tried to summon a player for 15 min before trying Fire Giant for the 3rd time...
either I'm unlucky or something's wrong because the few times I've tried I've never successfully played with someone (except invasions for that quest)

Finally went in with the finger remedy still active, so I couldn't summon my mimic, called Alexander to join, Torrent then couldn't be used.... still beat the giant super easily

so maybe i shouldn't be at farum azula yet. i'm going to go try the other areas. snowy area, haligtree and mogwyn. i just really want to fight malenia to see what the deal is with her. i might fight her and think fuck it i'm not doing this and go back to farum. i'm about 100 hours in now and starting to get a bit tired of the game. if i can get to the point where i can do NG+ i'll stop and leave that for another time.

i'm lvl 129, most weapons at +25, flasks maxed out but not sure if i can use anymore sacred tears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Hey bros, so is anyone doing NG+? How's the difficulty? Was wondering if it would be best to do NG+ or just starting out as a new character.

Also... Favorite boss so far? For setting, design and mechanics, I would say mine is Rykard, but Malenia's a pretty cool fight too.
I went and fought Malenia in NG+ with Rivers of Blood +10 katana and being a level 190. I beat her the first try. It didn’t feel like an endless loop of deaths.

SSfox

Malenia is the hardest souls boss ever and anyone saying she is easy can suck my pee pee.

Ludwig and Orphan are like little babies compared to her.

She is hard overall i agree and also one of the coolest boss btw, but you have to consider that not everyone play the same build, took the same path and were at same level when encountered Malenia. So the level of difficulty will obviously not be same to one to another.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Yea no, it was cryptic. It says "traverse the abyss". I took that as walk through the abyss, not fall into what looks like a bottomless pit inside a tower.
From a previous post of mine :
Maybe not your thing.

The Covenant of Artorias ring was pretty obvious for me. It's clearly stated that you can walk in the abyss with it and Ingward in new londo clearly says that the 4 Kings are down below the city, swallow by the abyss.
Then you cross the boss fog gate and it leads to a pitch black well... For me it was like "Time to put this ring !"

For me it was obvious. Each player has a different experience I guess.

It was a pain but I got all bell bearings back again. Last couple ones are in Farum Azula which would have been a drag if I hadn't glitched my way in using a nifty trick available as soon as you get to Altus.

Now with an abundance of stones and larval tears at my disposal, I can try out every weapon I thought was interesting during NG.

I thought I was burned out on this game but it turns out I wasn't.

FUCKKKKK if you kill the boss of Volcano Manor it cancels all the invasion quests you haven't done.

Now I can't invade Vargram to get his armor.

I hate this shit.
Well I missed the Rya quest because I didn’t meet her before the Volcano Manor mansion, so I can’t get one of the items needed for another quest that’s interconnected, ending up in missing two quests

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yes, but you have quite a bit of game left and you will end up replaying a ton of sections and will require you to keep your xbox offline. You can go to Azul and play through almost all of it. Defeating the final boss is what will trigger the capital burning.

If you have cleared the capital of loot, it's not a big deal to burn it. Burning the capital will NOT lock you out of the Flame ending, the area you need to access to get that ending will still be open. Don't worry. Just make sure you get Bolt of Gransax before it burns. You can literally save every single ending right until after you beat the final boss and then take advantage of save reloading.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
She is hard overall i agree and also one of the coolest boss btw, but you have to consider that not everyone play the same build, took the same path and were at same level when encountered Malenia. So the level of difficulty will obviously not be same to one to another.
Yep. A Blasphemous Blade build with a mimic destroys her without too much difficulty. Me and my mimic put her into an endless spam of being knocked over and we beat her in 4 tries. It would have been 1, but that AOE scarlet rot attack got me.

Things like the Dragons and Mohg gave me some trouble. However, enemies like those damn Revenants gave me far more trouble than most bosses.

Top Bottom