• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

Belurat Gaol is wild.

The lore behind the living jars is just, wtf.

Crazy, I missed that entire area, but another area later on has some jar lore and I was all “yoooo, that’s some crazy shit.”

Back to Belurat I go I guess! I’ve only beaten a few bosses so far, I’m just trying to push the map boundaries as far as I can to get them scadutree bonuses. I’m at blessing level 7 but still frequently getting bodied, I see the #’s going up but I don’t really feel it in the game.

I tip my hat to you crazy bastards playing this on ng+ and beyond, it has been brutal.

Last edited:

simpatico

Sounds like the DLC is really breaking some folks from what I've seen online so far...
It's just filtering. I don't even consider myself very good at these games and I'm cruising at the same rate I did the base game. Which isn't super fast, but I don't feel like I'm progressing any slower. The first enemy of the DLC with the throwing knives and flips is a little sweaty, but it cools down a lot. Maybe it's build dependent. I'm lvl162 INT DEX and it's been good. Moon Veil doing work like always.

False

I’m a couple bosses in and maybe doing this on NG++++ was a bad idea. Boss HP pools are insane and they hit like a freight train haha!

SJRB

Gold Member
I’m a couple bosses in and maybe doing this on NG++++ was a bad idea. Boss HP pools are insane and they hit like a freight train haha!

Honestly this also happens on NG. I am on NG with a level 145 character and I get bodied by bosses like there's no tomorrow. Me and my mimic tear can dunk on Mohg and Maliketh first try but in the DLC the bosses just fuck me up.

I really believe levels and NG-tier are irrelevant for this DLC, which is an amazing achievement on a technical level.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Honestly this also happens on NG. I am on NG with a level 145 character and I get bodied by bosses like there's no tomorrow. Me and my mimic tear can dunk on Mohg and Maliketh first try but in the DLC the bosses just fuck me up.

I really believe levels and NG-tier are irrelevant for this DLC, which is an amazing achievement on a technical level.
I’m on my first NG character who is like level 171 I think?

Everything 1-2 shots. And I’ve built myself to be able to have a medium roll wearing the tankiest shit possible.

Messemer I cannot find a way to consistently even get to phase 2.

Is there a cheese yet? Cuz I’m down to try it if a weapon is gonna help me kick his ass.

Antwix

I’m on my first NG character who is like level 171 I think?

Everything 1-2 shots. And I’ve built myself to be able to have a medium roll wearing the tankiest shit possible.

Messemer I cannot find a way to consistently even get to phase 2.

Is there a cheese yet? Cuz I’m down to try it if a weapon is gonna help me kick his ass.
Not sure about a cheese but switching to the cracked tear that increases stance damage helped me out

Last edited:

T-0800

A bit sad that the PS4 version running on a PS5 is still the best way to play this game for Playstation owners. I tried the PS5 version again yesterday and the framerate is still disappointing in comparison.

Arsic

Not sure about a cheese but switching to the cracked tear that increases stance damage helped me out
I looked online and apparently the best bet is to use the giant stone wall shield against him…. With a mimic lmao.

Like bruh. I was hoping some weapon is mad good against him but so far nothing.

Orbital2060

Oh wow, the Death Knight in the Fog catacomb is brutal. Tougher than Rellana. Which is an awesome boss fight, but it was over too soon.

My old Bleed build is still working nicely, switching between bloody slash and seppuku depending on the situation. Bloody slash for clearing areas and seppuku for most one one encounters. 80 ARC. Occult Nagakiba + a Rivers of Blood.

Arsic

If anyone finds a tried and true build to make messemer your bitch let me know. I’ll respec at this point if I gotta lol…

Orbital2060

Its exactly the same as the main game, with health pools and resistances increasing for each cycle.

Antwix

I could just be stupid but anytime an NPC gives you a map and in the item description of said map it says "indicated" something on the map... like where??? I've had like 5 maps given to me so far and have not seen anything new added to the map. Could just be missing something though.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
How ? I only played 10h and have found 4 mini dungeons. And unlike main game, their's quality is pretty good. I think From went to right decision when made fewer dungeons but improve the quality
Can't tell you, I'm looking everywhere and so far only found lava ruins which can be called mini-dungeon. I don't count the one with the mini-boss, cuz it's extremely short and there's nothing but the mini-boss there. I also went south and south-east on the first available map, so I can't tell if there are more mini-dungeons up north where the huge castle is. I liked most of the uniquely designed min-dungeons in the main game, but there was also many more very similar and very short ones with the same mini-bosses at the end, so I kinda get it that they wanted to fix that somehow and offer less but better. Anyway, it's good to hear there's more like the one I found so far :messenger_relieved:

I could just be stupid but anytime an NPC gives you a map and in the item description of said map it says "indicated" something on the map... like where??? I've had like 5 maps given to me so far and have not seen anything new added to the map. Could just be missing something though.
You need to examine and look at the map they gave you, not at the main map of SOTET - nothing will be added to it after NPCs will give you their maps. If you haven't already, turn on new the "new item notification" in the options - this should be on by default, but From for some stupid reason decided to make it an option in the menu and turn it off)))))))

Also, the maps NPC gave you are not in the map section of your inventory, they're in the section where letters and some shit are, at the bottom.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
As someone who's always avoided Souls games because of the difficulty, how doable do you think the DLC would be if I used everything available to make it easier like mimics, summons, the whole shebang?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Holly fuck that damn sunflower boss, I thought I was doing something wrong because the guy was keep coming back.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I have some questions I can’t remember if my whole world and erd tree is supposed to be on fire. Or is that just because I did the frenzied flame ending as my last ending.

I want to get the dlc. But I don’t want to be flaming.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Just beat Rellana. INTENSE fight. The special bubble drop attack got me the first time, and was hilarious.

I decided to use the NPC summon there as I'm betting there is quest requirements for doing so.

Antwix

I have some questions I can’t remember if my whole world and erd tree is supposed to be on fire. Or is that just because I did the frenzied flame ending as my last ending.

I want to get the dlc. But I don’t want to be flaming.
That happens regardless of what you do. It's just part of the main story.

Antwix

What exactly is stance damage?
Each attack from each weapon has a specific stance/poise damage number. For example, light attacks will do minimal, jumping attacks do a decent amount, charged heavy attacks do a lot same with certain ashes of war. Each enemy also has a stance damage breaking point. So when you're attacks add up to exceed the enemy breaking point, that's when the enemy gets stance broken, leaving them vulnerable to get in a critical attack. However, much like status effects, the enemies stance/poise will regenerate over time so if you're looking to break an enemies stance, it has to be done semi-quickly. The cracked tear that increases stance damage increase it by 25%

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Belurat Gaol is wild.

The lore behind the living jars is just, wtf.

When you loot meat sushis from them

Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Fog Rift Catacombs, lots of goodies to find in here, you need to be super thorough, go high and go low...it all concludes in an epic boss battle.

9 bosses down, 7 of them on my first attempt, all solo, good times 👌

False

Thanks honestly, that’s good to hear. I was worried I totally fucked up. If the DLC is just that brutal so be it!

Chiggs

Gold Member
So, after playing for 17+ hours, I think my biggest complaint so far about SOTET is that there's really no small dungeons to explore with puzzles and such like in the main game and as I've said before, no crypts, ruins etc.

I've seen five of them. and I'm about 20 hours in.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I've seen five of them. and I'm about 20 hours in.
So there's like none of them in the south and south-east including the coast and finger locations, which are at the bottom of the surface map - can't access the areas above from there even with the horse cuz there's not jump lifts, which I think was intended and by design - you need to access these areas differently. I've seen one horse lift but I haven't used it yet cuz I wanted to explore everything at the bottom first.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Ghost flame dragon is kind of rude.

Seriously how do you beat that thing without cheese?

The giant katana is a savage beast
Just use the horse and that it's:messenger_smirking:

P.S. There's no way I'm going to be fighting dragon №1605912600909 in From games on foot and scratch his giant heels with the sword or whatever for an hour. Fuck all that shit, I did that 1605912600908 times before and I'm not gonna do it ever again as long as there's far better, far less anoying, less time / mental health / nerve cell consuming way.

Last edited:
Still haven't started the DLC yet, didn't realize I had so much stuff unfinished in the base game despite getting the platnium trophy. I finished the Alexander and Sellen quests, helped someone beat Mohg, and respecced my int build. Who knows what other shit I didn't finish, oh well tomorrow I will be diving headfirst into the shadow realm.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
So…

Is it better to give up my current weapons/armor and roll with new ones in the dlc??

Maybe even re-spec?

I’m a tanky Strength/Faith build

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
So…

Is it better to give up my current weapons/armor and roll with new ones in the dlc??

Maybe even re-spec?

I’m a tanky Strength/Faith build
No. You won't necessarily find stuff you like or that fits your playstyle in the DLC. There are at least two weapons that scale with faith and strength I can think of. Forgot their exact names but one is a giant mace.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

The approach and entering of Shadow Keep was god damn epic. Felt like something out of LotR.

Whats up with the message that appears about a great rune and a charm being broken?

winjer

Gold Member
Ghost flame dragon is kind of rude.

Seriously how do you beat that thing without cheese?

The giant katana is a savage beast

I was also having trouble with him. Mostly because I wasn't doing much damage.
Then I got the Dragon Hunter Great Katana, leveled it up to +10 and went back. This weapon does extra damage to dragons. But the best part is it's weapons skill, that does quite a lot of damage.
With it, I beat the Ghost flame dragon on my first try.

Top Bottom