• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

Valt7786

It's crazy that people are on the final boss already.I'm only on the 2nd boss, and will be exploring the whole map on foot

Yeah I can't understand this at all. This thing is massive and people are like "oh I'm near the end now". Like, what the actual fuck.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Those people are just rushing through the game because of some misguided belief that doing so makes them elite or enlightened, or they're just mindless automatons moving from one goal to the next.

Stop and smell the roses, for fuck's sake.

indeed. 750 hours 1st game. Love exploring.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Got a chance to briefly play this for half an hour last night, and laughed my ass off when I stumbled on Blackgaol Knight and got fucking wrecked in seconds with a 175 level character that I platinumed the base game with :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuck you Miyazaki, you beautiful mad bastard.
Let's put this into perspective: There are people who thought they could cheat their way to max level, they found out the hard way that numbers don't mean much in these games. It's how you play. This DLC is a skill check. I love to see it.

Last edited:

Freeman76

This is not as fun as the base game for me. Dissapointing but they have ramped the difficulty to stupid levels now where its jist not enjoyable. That lion can fuck right off, even with 3 players ive not seen him close to being beaten and I put my sign down 20+ times to help others. I dodnt struggle too much with the base game, even on NG+, but this is beyond my level of skill

Chiggs

Gold Member
I'm going to have PTSD from those hippo encounters. The way they track you from a distance with that NOM NOM NOM heat-seeking missile that is their gaping mouth. Pure nightmare fuel.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's interesting to see people struggling regardless of their level. 100, 150, 200, makes no difference while in the base game this makes a HUGE difference.

Could the DLC have dynamic settings based on your level? Like for example enemy X does 70% damage to your vitality, regardless of your stats?

Would be a neat way to circumvent overleveling.

Bartski

Gold Member
Yeah I'm in the same situation except I've found more of the map. You've missed tunnels and holes in the ground etc. As for that boss. Fucking ridiculous. I did manage to get to the 2nd phase once. Very very briefly. Nice cut scene I guess.
yeah I did find some passageways and the one I mentioned you can jump down to and survive, leads to the jarburg2 and I'm heading north now to that giant building that seems like I can finally get to. Also got another map piece soth east, surprise this is not the whole area there is more land down south. Can't believe how well-hidden stuff is there, like that area next to shadow keep with two furnace golems is behind an illusory wall by the moat.

My last post was after I spent 3 hours trying to find a way to the north-western map, I'm super high up while that spot seems to be at the ground level. I have no idea how to get there, maybe it's not about descending from Rauh Ruins but I feel like I checked every corner already?

Again, the worst thing one can do is do what I did - stick to the golden path thinking it will guide you all across the land and get demolished by bosses. I beat Mesmer at Scadutree level 9, I'm guessing now optimal is 15+. I'm not coming back to the final boss before I'm done exploring.

SJRB

Gold Member
yeah I did find some passageways and the one I mentioned you can jump down to and survive, leads to the jarburg2 and I'm heading north now to that giant building that seems like I can finally get to. Also got another map piece soth east, surprise this is not the whole area there is more land down south. Can't believe how well-hidden stuff is there, like that area next to shadow keep with two furnace golems is behind an illusory wall by the moat.

My last post was after I spent 3 hours trying to find a way to the north-western map, I'm super high up while that spot seems to be at the ground level. I have no idea how to get there, maybe it's not about descending from Rauh Ruins but I feel like I checked every corner already?

Again, the worst thing one can do is do what I did - stick to the golden path thinking it will guide you all across the land and get demolished by bosses. I beat Mesmer at Scadutree level 9, I'm guessing now optimal is 15+. I'm not coming back to the final boss before I'm done exploring.

In fairness following the golden path is a critical mistake in the base game as well, you'll miss an insane amount of content.

I'll never understand people speedrunning to the final boss. You only get one chance to play this game for the first time, you should try to make the most of it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yeah I can't understand this at all. This thing is massive and people are like "oh I'm near the end now". Like, what the actual fuck.
Also the people lttp, people who enjoy replaying the Souls games, and people who go their own pace. If I had no responsibilities, endless free time, and I was actually at home right now. I’d play until my eyes bled.

But

I got my NG character ready in sub 20 hours, so it’s also experience. If you know what you’re doing. Getting to end game is easy. Destroying end game is a different story. lol

Last edited:
Is she as hard as Malenia?

I thought she was much harder because Malenia at least gives you time to heal and dodge.

Rellana is faster and relentless. I have 80 points in endurance and I couldn’t dodge her attacks without running out of stamina.

I beat her by constantly strafing to avoid magic attacks and by blocking every other attack. Once I stopped rolling and instead started blocking she became easy.

Thumbprint shield FTW

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

What weapon are you using?

Antwix

I tried milady - don't like the moveset. At all.

The Great Katana is a bizzare weapon. I don't like its moveset also, as they make me feel like its not a sword intended for combat. Or something. I dunno, evrn with 1000 sheet dmg, it doesnt feel that strong for some reason.

I need to try some other stuff. I really like this dlc so far (although I dislike the same things I did with vanilla er).
Milady is probably the smoothest moveset I've seen in the game. Super fun but I've only used it so far on basic enemies. Great katana I agree with you though.

In fairness following the golden path is a critical mistake in the base game as well, you'll miss an insane amount of content.

I'll never understand people speedrunning to the final boss. You only get one chance to play this game for the first time, you should try to make the most of it.
In this case the main path is the easy one to find. I've still not worked out how to get into about 1/3 of the map. That I know of.

Looks like another case of "if its ur favorite game or franchise it cant do wrong or critics are right". Steam suers arent having it:

eX8MM5c.jpeg

I only briefly played it with my first char and did notice the enemies were a bit ridiculous in their damage, but that was for a few minutes as Im currently playing a fresh char. Kinda sucks they spent so many years on it and not a single day on implementing an upscaling/dlss, and improving the performance. I have less stutters than most cause I disabled EAC, but its still not perfect.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Everything I’m reading says this game is a performance clusterfuck, especially on PC. We love From and their games but their engines are hot garbage and they need to do a better job with optimization.

Twin moon spell is super disappointing

That's why I always go with the weapon as a reward. Too many cases like this. Sucks to hear though.

It has a very small range unfortunately but it is absolutely devastating if you do get someone with it.

It’s a bit slow too, it takes too long for each phase and you are open to getting attacked and interrupted.

I used a mausoleum to duplicate the remembrance thankfully because the sword combo is amazing

Freeman76

Everything I’m reading says this game is a performance clusterfuck, especially on PC. We love From and their games but their engines are hot garbage and they need to do a better job with optimization.
Steam has mixed reviews, not much to rely on but to be fair its a rare case where I agree with them. Performance is one issue, but also there are numerous others commonly coming up, such as the lack of any new equipment that is any kind of upgrade, the enemies scaling with your scadutree level, recycled bosses, overinflated difficulty etc etc. ER is one of my all time favourite games but this DLC for me is not a patch on the original game so far.

winjer

Gold Member
Asides from the game being locked to 60 fps, the games runs very well on my PC.
Constant 60fps, with a flat line for the frame times.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Are these the hardest bosses or how do they compare?
I've only fought one official boss so far and then a field "boss" that was a variant from the base game. EDIT: Forgot I also fought a red named NPC and an NPC invader.

Overall for me so far most enemies hit like a truck, but also don't have too much health or stagger easily. And that's with using a scythe scaled to Dex. I'm expecting the difficulty to ramp up, but so far easier than expected.

Last edited:

Antwix

I've had great performance on xbox except for one single attempt on the dancing dragon where it stuttered quite bad. Every other attempt and everywhere else was smooth though. Been great overall unless I'm too retarded (thankfully?) to notice.

Osthyvel

I cant Summon any Coop! I would need help with Mogh, anyone up to it? Just reply or send me a pm.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I never understood why so much of the equipmemt in this game is useless, I mean even in this DLC could really do with some uogrades to make it a bit less frustrating but none of the weapons or armour Ive found so far are not even as good as what I had already for the main game lol

nemiroff

Gold Member
Man, starting out in this game, trying to figure stuff out, doing some hard fights, having fun.. Then boom:
dancing lion boss
... Holy shit wtf.. no fun allowed

SantaC

It has a very small range unfortunately but it is absolutely devastating if you do get someone with it.

It’s a bit slow too, it takes too long for each phase and you are open to getting attacked and interrupted.

I used a mausoleum to duplicate the remembrance thankfully because the sword combo is amazing
no hyperarmor while casting is the deal breaker.

Top Bottom