• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Messmer's flame asshole is so annoying. Almost beat him though. Bosses are on steroids, they just keep comboing lol.

M1987

I'm stopping playing this soon because the crashes on PC are pissing me off.I can play for like an hour or 2,then the game will cut off with this weird buzzing noise coming from the speakers,the PC will restart after a few seconds with all the lights still on my PC

Ulysses 31

I'm stopping playing this soon because the crashes on PC are pissing me off.I can play for like an hour or 2,then the game will cut off with this weird buzzing noise coming from the speakers,the PC will restart after a few seconds with all the lights still on my PC
Sounds like something's overheating. I'd check the temps (via afterburner) while playing.

Garibaldi

I'm very late to the Elden Ring party (had it since launch but never found the mood to devote a load of time to it). I've just gotten through Stormveil Castle, was easy enough. I'm building to a Greatshield build with a sizeable hammer. Block countering with occasional switch to 2 handed weapon art at appropriate times.

Since I tend to get stuck in my ways with games, will this likely to be viable for Shadow of the Erdtree? I really don't wanna bounce off this one

Draugoth

Gold Member
I'm very late to the Elden Ring party (had it since launch but never found the mood to devote a load of time to it). I've just gotten through Stormveil Castle, was easy enough. I'm building to a Greatshield build with a sizeable hammer. Block countering with occasional switch to 2 handed weapon art at appropriate times.

Since I tend to get stuck in my ways with games, will this likely to be viable for Shadow of the Erdtree? I really don't wanna bounce off this one

Strength builds are very viable in the game, but you might have issues with enemies that have status effect buildup.

I would recommend making a gravity strength build with Raddahn dual blades.

Your PC is overheating. Open it up and clean the dust off

mansoor1980

started a new save as a barbarian ,

conan-the-barbarian-arnold-gif.gif

will improve my rusty skills by the time i reach the DLC

8a4a4a783b7f61cbd933f73f6c1d5e71.gif

I’ve found four new faith spells that are all fun to use.

Homing fireball is great

Fire arrow barrage is amazing to use but difficult to aim on fast moving bosses

A spell that is like homing soul mass but with rancor spirits.

A devastating spell that quickly fires three waves of light that can be fired in quick succession. This spell might get nerfed in the future.

The atmosphere is better in the DLC than the main game. Everything is far more dense and there are hidden caves and dungeons everywhere.

So far I’ve only found the one intelligence spell. That is the moon bomb spell from the boss soul. Very powerful spell that is impractical to use because it’s too slow and easily interrupted. I hope I find more.

last boss is about as much fun as going to the dentist in the 70s when they didn't believe in anaesthetic for kids. Don't think I'm finishing this DLC. Done everything else as far as I can tell and have maxed out scadutree blessing.

Might just do it all again on another build.

Garibaldi

Strength builds are very viable in the game, but you might have issues with enemies that have status effect buildup.

I've not really gone much into strength yet. I'm guessing I will as I get further. I don't tend to go on the hunt for all these build guides and meta stuff so I'm not even sure what a gravity strength build is.

Think I'm about lvl 33 now. Just finished off the last of the Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula bosses. The lake dragon was especially fun coming back after he scared the shit outta me to pound his head into the swamp.

Mainly being going endurance and vigor. I really want to be a shield boi for this playthru rather than dodging everything.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Without spoilers... How is it? Is it long, challenging and with good art design?

Draugoth

Gold Member
I've not really gone much into strength yet. I'm guessing I will as I get further. I don't tend to go on the hunt for all these build guides and meta stuff so I'm not even sure what a gravity strength build is.

Think I'm about lvl 33 now. Just finished off the last of the Limgrave and Weeping Peninsula bosses. The lake dragon was especially fun coming back after he scared the shit outta me to pound his head into the swamp.

Mainly being going endurance and vigor. I really want to be a shield boi for this playthru rather than dodging everything.

Use jump attacks with your big swords for better damage

Last edited:

FUBARx89

I'm in Bonny Goal,
what the fuck at the ballsack crawling out of the living jar. Poor Alexander & Jar Bairn being that

Divine dancing lion clapped my cheeks for a while and I havent gone back yet. Rellana was amazing. Twin drop moons was awesome. Reminded me alot of Pontiff Sulyvan....I'm trash against Sulyvan

Last edited:

Antwix

Hmm I feel like this DLC has a few influences from past games in some dungeons

The church district giving me New Londo Ruins vibes. Also the stockroom area.... Grand archives? Lecture hall? Maybe some other area.

New magic cannon!!!

M1987

Your PC is overheating. Open it up and clean the dust off
No it's not,I clean it every other week,and it doesn't do it in any other game

Sgt.Asher

Climbed a mountain and fought a muscle dragon. You arcane builds will be very happy.
After that I found a lame version of ghost flame ignition. Still upset that there isn't more faith/int scaling.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Well, that's 3 more dungeons found:messenger_relieved: Interestingly enough, this time they use some of them as a pathway to other locations you otherwise can't access. Tried to fight huge walking flaming cage but it doesn't even have a HP bar and it seems like all my attacks do nothing to him and I used the horse and strong attacks from sprint for max DMG. Oh well, I'll bring them all down eventually✋:messenger_smirking:

Mpe95YW.jpeg
depgYij.jpeg

rfreDKL.jpeg
5YP7zOF.jpeg

5raoBnW.jpeg
j9y498P.jpeg

SRAaImu.jpeg
w3rOHoj.jpeg

s2Rt0cN.jpeg
yOVR9GG.jpeg

Last edited:

Boralf

Tried to fight huge walking flaming cage but it doesn't even have a HP bar and it seems like all my attacks do nothing to him and I used the horse and strong attacks from sprint for max DMG.
Just keep on hitting it, it will go down eventually and then you can crit it for alot of damage. Still long fights though.

Nice pics btw.

Antwix

Well, that's 3 more dungeons found:messenger_relieved: Interestingly enough, this time they use some of them as a pathway to other locations you otherwise can't access. Tried to fight huge walking flaming cage but it doesn't even have a HP bar and it seems like all my attacks do nothing to him and I used the horse and strong attacks from sprint for max DMG. Oh well, I'll bring them all down eventually✋:messenger_smirking:

Mpe95YW.jpeg
depgYij.jpeg

rfreDKL.jpeg
5YP7zOF.jpeg

5raoBnW.jpeg
j9y498P.jpeg

SRAaImu.jpeg
w3rOHoj.jpeg

s2Rt0cN.jpeg
yOVR9GG.jpeg
That whole jagged peak/dragon communion area sure has some atmosphere to it. Still figuring out how to get down to the fingers area below it.... I'll figure it out eventually lol

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just keep on hitting it, it will go down eventually and then you can crit it for alot of damage. Still long fights though.
Yeah, I figured I need to keep hitting his legs, but for now I decided to explore more, kill bosses etc.

Good god I hate these things with passion! They were terrible in the main game but here it's on the whole other level of BS and pure :poop:

KDLIZEI.jpeg

Don't even get me started on cheap and BS 1 shot attacks, fuckin' stagger from everythings to a point you can't even do shit and press buttons. What a fuckin' joke. I'm loosing my patience with this one and I might just say fuck it and move one...:messenger_unamused:

Nice pics btw.

That whole jagged peak/dragon communion area sure has some atmosphere to it.
Yeah, I decided to fight the dragon at the end of it later, cuz I'm sure it's going to be a pain in the ass so I better prepare as much as I can before I go there.

Still figuring out how to get down to the fingers area below it.... I'll figure it out eventually lol
I'm not sure you can from the Jagged Peak, but I found one cave I haven't explored yet so maybe that's the way down.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

Mpe95YW.jpeg
depgYij.jpeg

rfreDKL.jpeg
5YP7zOF.jpeg

5raoBnW.jpeg
j9y498P.jpeg

SRAaImu.jpeg
w3rOHoj.jpeg

s2Rt0cN.jpeg
yOVR9GG.jpeg

Please put these behind spoiler tags bro, why would you spoil locations like these?

Be a little considerate.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Milady is so good. Messmer armor and shield with milady is fun. Haven't hit any walls yet. The lion wasn't too bad.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
I’ve found four new faith spells that are all fun to use.

Homing fireball is great

Fire arrow barrage is amazing to use but difficult to aim on fast moving bosses

A spell that is like homing soul mass but with rancor spirits.

A devastating spell that quickly fires three waves of light that can be fired in quick succession. This spell might get nerfed in the future.

The atmosphere is better in the DLC than the main game. Everything is far more dense and there are hidden caves and dungeons everywhere.

So far I’ve only found the one intelligence spell. That is the moon bomb spell from the boss soul. Very powerful spell that is impractical to use because it’s too slow and easily interrupted. I hope I find more.

Do you recommend using spells if you’re a tanky strength/faith build?

I used to roll with blasphemous blade but never dabbled in spells much

I may need to upgrade my magic more in this dlc and start using spells

M1987

Then it's the game, i would suggest changing the game settings to lower

I just changed it to 1440p,so it hopefully stops doing it.I used MSI afterburner and I was only pulling a little over 120w at 4k but over 250w at 1440p

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I’m getting anxiety about not being able to find all these hidden areas. I don’t spoil my first playthroughs but reading about gestures to access whole sections… I hope there are at least some vague hints.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I’m getting anxiety about not being able to find all these hidden areas. I don’t spoil my first playthroughs but reading about gestures to access whole sections… I hope there are at least some vague hints.
Probably will see 50 messages on the ground for the spot.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I just changed it to 1440p,so it hopefully stops doing it.I used MSI afterburner and I was only pulling a little over 120w at 4k but over 250w at 1440p

I had three desktop crashes after i installed the DLC, but no PC Crash luckily.

Antwix

Do you play online? There's gonna be floor messages implying it.

Holly fuck that damn sunflower boss, I thought I was doing something wrong because the guy was keep coming back.
I see now what you mean :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The boss before meeting st Trina is using same exact weapon as Kos in Bloodborne.....it gave me PTSD looking at it.

Top Bottom