• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

tommib

Gold Member
I had the Coffin Fissure closed but it’s now open. Have no idea what I did to open the access. Anyone knows?

Antwix

I had the Coffin Fissure closed but it’s now open. Have no idea what I did to open the access. Anyone knows?

It breaks when that message comes up "A great seal has been broken" or something similar to that. I believe it's just from traveling up north a bit near the Shadow Keep.

tommib

Gold Member
It breaks when that message comes up "A great seal has been broken" or something similar to that. I believe it's just from traveling up north a bit near the Shadow Keep.
Makes sense. I reached the Hippo and do remember that message showing.

Very cool dungeon, this Coffin place.

Jedi0608

Somehow I skipped Messmer and got to commander gaius. Took me a couple dozen attempts to get that fucker. He gives you no room to breath. I guess ill head back to where Messmer is to cry again.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was not even thinking about it, so I went past where I was suppose to go and ended up on top a mountain. Watched as two monsters attacked each other. Went in and slayed the beast. Now I went back to the beginning and I’m one shooting spiders.
Just had a guy "let me solo him" join and he did indeed solo Messmer. I'm not even ashamed. Just mad impressed.
Is he really that difficult? Is this Malenia 2.0 we are talking about? I have not gotten to him yet. I won’t watch anything due to spoilers.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Ledas sword maxed out plus it's special equals final boss dead for me. I love that art! No summons.

I was not even thinking about it, so I went past where I was suppose to go and ended up on top a mountain. Watched as two monsters attacked each other. Went in and slayed the beast. Now I went back to the beginning and I’m one shooting spiders.

Is he really that difficult? Is this Malenia 2.0 we are talking about? I have not gotten to him yet. I won’t watch anything due to spoilers.

Nah, he wasn't bad. The final boss however is Malenia 2.5.

Just imo, he's harder than Malenia.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Ledas sword maxed out plus it's special equals final boss dead for me. I love that art! No summons.

Nah, he wasn't bad. The final boss however is Malenia 2.5.
Ledas Sword is that OP? Might want to check that out.

Just imo, he's harder than Malenia.
I am anticipating that battle now lol

I wonder if this Great Katana is OP. So many weapons to sort through. I killed one boss and got the katana. I’ve been farming those fragments. Still rocking the blasphemous blade for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Finally got to Messmer, he proceeded to violate me for about an hour. Got frustrated and decided to take a break, I'll come back for him later.
Take another route. Sometimes you have to go somewhere else and build yourself up again. 🤷

That’s what I would have said but it sounds like you had summons. Lol I’m catching up in this thread trying not spoil some stuff.

Last edited:

Varteras

Man that Bayle the Dread boss felt like I was Elder Dragon in MH game, it was great!

Messmer was a really good fight, I like the more rhythmic bosses. One of the reasons I like the great ape fight in sekiro.

I was really into the Rellana fight. That moment about halfway through when she imbues both her swords like she's had enough of your shit. I just went, "Fuck yeah. Let's go!"

Last edited:
Finally found the map in the southern part of the DLC and was like
Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

The size of the initial map when you enter the DLC is very deceptive, especially when you consider the verticality of it.

Sgt.Asher

Messmers boss Incantation is like Melanie's flower. Lots of hang time and a stiff breeze can knock you out of it. Hits like a truck though

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

He isn’t the Malenia 2.0.

The final boss is, and he is as butt fuckingly hard as your nightmare can imagine.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Makes Sword Saint on launch look like a puss?

😎👍
Sword saint was a git good and learn my shit boss.

For me, this current final boss, is just a “what are you willing to do to beat me?” Cheese build? Summons or mimic? Combo?

Like I can get through half the health bar confidently then it all goes out the window lmao.

Speaking of does anyone have this spear and shield build for the final boss everyone is using so I can do it before it is nerfed?

Need to know items and ideally which stats. I also don’t have that fingerprint shield everyone is using.

Madflavor

Gold Member
Beat the DLC. 10/10 experience, it really does feel like Elden Ring 1.5, there's just so much content packed into it. Can't think of any real complaints, I'm just happy I got to experience it and ties a nice bow on Elden Ring. Looking forward to whatever that crazy fuck Miyazaki developers next.

What happens when you finish the last boss? Do you get to continue exploring the dlc?

Yes you can continue exploring the DLC.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Even at level 252 I am getting crazy summons to help with boss fights. Like bros learn dodging and learning the boss's attack patterns before you summon people. Messmer is just fucking a lot of people up.

Last edited:
I take it people fighting the final boss collected all 50 Scadutree fragments. Been using the ign guide to plan my playthrough to get the fragments. Gives a bit more structure to the game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Sword saint was a git good and learn my shit boss.

For me, this current final boss, is just a “what are you willing to do to beat me?” Cheese build? Summons or mimic? Combo?

Like I can get through half the health bar confidently then it all goes out the window lmao.

Speaking of does anyone have this spear and shield build for the final boss everyone is using so I can do it before it is nerfed?

Need to know items and ideally which stats. I also don’t have that fingerprint shield everyone is using.
I heard the Bloodfiend’s Arm +25 and Blood will mess up any boss. R2 has 200 hits of blood damage and armor.

I’m sorta adventuring after lion. I don’t honestly know where to go, so I’m going around. I have about 70% of the map unlocked. I’m on the coast now just messing around. I went all the way down some rabbit hole and it was blocked off. I’m stuck but it’ll be rewarding once I can piece it all together.

Jedi0608

Yep, Messmer fucked me up pretty good. I actually tried to summon my ashes, but they literally died within 15-20 seconds lmao. After a while said fuck it and learned the moveset. Still took a good 2 hours and I'm at +12 Scadutree blessing. Something tells me I'll need em all to finish the last boss but we'll see. Great fucking time so far!

gow3isben

I have never even considered leveling INT prior but there's some really cool stuff that requires INT. Gonna start dropping some points into it.

Also, have you guys found any of the coffins? Found 2 so far. I stopped redeeming boss weapons so I can debate on what to pick up later.

What are the best int stuff in the game (I went full int my base game playthrough)?

Bartski

Gold Member
I always go browsing the wiki at the very end to see how much I missed and I spent the evening cleaning up to 100%. Turns out I did miss one dungeon and an optional miniboss down south.
But I never met Thiollier so I haven't done the largest sidequest in the DLC. I'm jumping into NG++, taking the shortest path back to the DLC to see what that's all about. Going no summon rule for boss fights this time, this may take a while.

Bartski

Gold Member
So I maxed out Milady and it made quite a difference. I got Rellana ! It still took me some tries. This fight was so good ! Love it.
I love moveset, after getting used to it it's so much fun. There is another light greatsword much later in to the DLC which is my fav and one of the best lookng weapons in all of Elden Ring imo

DelireMan7

I love moveset, after getting used to it it's so much fun. There is another light greatsword much later in to the DLC which is my fav and one of the best lookng weapons in all of Elden Ring imo
Yes the moveset is so gracious. Love it.

Question about it (or affinity in general) : Can you change its affinity without changing its Ash of war ? I have the feeling I can for other weapon by selecting their default Ash of War but for Milady its ash of war is not in the list.
If I want to change its affinity I need to select another one.

DelireMan7

I am a bit confused by "Rellana's cameo" talisman. At first I love the idea :

15% bonus damage when holding a Ash of War for 2 sec. But then I realize that Shard of Alexander (SoA) talisman is giving 15% bonus damage to ALL ash of war... So their is no point using Rellana's Cameo over SoA.
It's more an extension of SoA since you can use it on top of it.
Given the fact it as a downside (Holding a stance for few sec) it should be more powerful than SoA. SoA is just a superior version.

EDIT the 15 % are coming from the Wiki. I might make the comparison in game to be sure.

Last edited:
Second boss Rellana down. Took me like an hour because I kept making dumb mistakes due to sleepiness (it's 4am here) and getting one-shot killed by a few of her attacks as well (that triple orb explosion was a death sentence if I got hit by even one). I probably could have used another scadoosh upgrade or two lol

And with that, I'm off to bed.

Caio

Maxed out on PC at times it's got an oil painting like quality to it.

Some of the most stunning views and vista I've ever seen in a game.
Believe me when I say I would buy a new beasty PC just for the Next Elden Ring. The art design blows me away.

Reactions: GHG

DavidGzz

Gold Member
The jump pads that don't work with the pile of ghostly shit in the middle. How do you get those to start working?

thefool

I'm very curious about this DLC because I don't think Elden Ring ever found a balance between difficulty and the summons we have at our disposal (namely mimic tear or tiche). The game is either really hard or really easy and that is, honestly, nonsensical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom