• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I am fighting the lion boss finally. If this game got nerfed I don't believe it. Did 5 attempts and had him down to 2 hits at one point only to get a lightning combo I did not dodge.

I think I need a stronger weapon. I have been using the bloodhound curved sword.

Forge the path into Shadow Keep,
There may be a ladder where boats may sleep,
Closely where an artist's brush has depicted wrath
May you find the nearby hidden path
Wow GIF

MiguelItUp

I love seeing folks clearly feeling accomplished after beating bosses, always feels good to see because it reminds you of how you felt when you did the same thing, haha. 💪

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You can explore more than 2/3rds of the world map without setting foot inside of a legacy dungeon more if you count areas accessed through regular dungeons. The amount of boss locked-off content was surprisingly far less than expected.

Reactions: GHG
I am fighting the lion boss finally. If this game got nerfed I don't believe it. Did 5 attempts and had him down to 2 hits at one point only to get a lightning combo I did not dodge.

I think I need a stronger weapon. I have been using the bloodhound curved sword.
Bloodhound fang at +10 can beat him if you use your mimic..I did it on launch day. Sword is still great in the DLC..with my sedutree seeds I'm at level 6 and my right arm damage is around 1100

My god, Messmer's phase 2 was the most frustrating thing in this game so far. It's probably because I've been awake for over 24 hours, but the giant snake attacks just fucked me up every time. But I got lucky on my winning run, managed to stagger him right at the start of phase 2 and only let him do his snake crap a single time.

Edit: posted a video of my run to the solo challenge thread

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My god, Messmer's phase 2 was the most frustrating thing in this game so far. It's probably because I've been awake for over 24 hours, but the giant snake attacks just fucked me up every time. But I got lucky on my winning run, managed to stagger him right at the start of phase 2 and didn't even let him do his snake crap a single time.
I actually find dodging his Snake attack is much easier than his crazy fire combo in his first phase….its similar to Rykard‘s snake phase when trying bite you.

I actually find dodging his Snake attack is much easier than his crazy fire combo in his first phase….its similar to Rykard‘s snake phase when trying bite you.
I was stuck on phase 1 for like an hour so I managed to learn those patterns pretty well. But the snakes? Nope. Got hit and/or killed almost every time lol

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I was stuck on phase 1 for like an hour so I managed to learn those patterns pretty well. But the snakes? Nope. Got hit and/or killed almost every time lol
If you manged to dodge his big snake attacks this becomes vulnerable for few second when he try to transforms back which you can get few good hits on him.

Pachi72

Don't know about you guys, but early on, i am a really disappointed. Like Gravesite Plain is desolate. Enemies don't impress me. I wish they would like do some Greek mythology enemies.

Pachi72

Also I wish the expansion wouldn't be another map somewhere. I wish it connected to the main map, also I wish it was more of a underground hidden world like Sofria River.

Don't know about you guys, but early on, i am a really disappointed. Like Gravesite Plain is desolate. Enemies don't impress me. I wish they would like do some Greek mythology enemies.

Yeah the starting area doesn’t exactly blow you away.

Keep playing because you will find some really amazing environments and enemies.

check this out

+
=

Beat the final boss with this, thanks friend.

simpatico

Still feeling OP since the rebalancing. The guys who got their achievements or trophies before that really made out well. Kinda wish I took time off work to run through it.

Reactions: GHG

bender

What time is it?
Hippo was so annoying. I got lucky eventually with two summons that were using non stop lightning damage and they killed it in 30 seconds.

There is some spell that puts barbs of thorns on the ground that really fucks him up.

Boralf

Anyone else have insane frame drops on the last boss? Together with the fact that I can't see shit anymore in phase 2 makes this really unfun. This boss has so much shit that I really don't like about Elden Ring and the direction Fromsoft is taking the difficulty in for souls games. I'm not really enjoying the bosses in this dlc.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I answered my own question lol.....here's how many there are total if anyone was curious

kLRy7rz.png
Hard to know how many you’ve found. As you go up in level, the requirement becomes more to level. When I hit level 10, I needed three of them.

Already put in another thread, but I'll put it here too for anyone who wants other OP build options. Replayed with Bloodfiend's Arm, these were the result's vs. final boss.

Used cragblade ash of war infused with blood on Bloodfiend's Arm, damage softcap is arcane 80, strength 54, recommend at least arcane 60 and strength 40. Talisman's; axe talisman, lord of blood's exultation, blade of mercy, and two handed sword talisman.. Flask tears; stonebarb crack tear and greenburst crystal tear. Can also trade axe talisman and greenburst for damage negation stuff if need be. Bleed proc and stagger with its R2 is insane.

It's also just a good bonking weapon.

Last edited:

GHG

For anyone struggling, the hippo is an optional boss.

Go to Moorth Ruins and find the underground passage. Approach the castle from that side of the map. Figure it out as you go as there are some cool places/encounters along the way.

Top Bottom