• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

ssringo

Gold Member
Decided to do a fresh playthrough of the entire game using Dryleaf Dane's stuff. Hadn't done a fists only run as I don't find them especially fun but the martial art moveset is quite nifty. Probably gonna wind up using a fist weapon in my offhand just to get access to parry since you can't put that AoW on hand to hand weapons for some reason 😡. By the time I get back to the DLC areas I'm sure From will have done another patch or two of rebalancing and bugfixes.

Orbital2060

I upgraded the beast claws to +25 and theyre a viable alternative to using the river of blood + katana combo. Its just annoying to have to press Y + RB every time you have switched them out, fx for a bow. Unless you can work around that.

Last edited:

Cyborg

Can anyone help?

How do you make more pots? I have the Hefty Furnance Pot (to take those giant flame golems out) and I have all the ingredients.

I was able to maken 1 now I get “ cannot cradldt this item as you dont have enough hefty cracked pots”

Where do I get them? Or how do I make them?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Can anyone help?

How do you make more pots? I have the Hefty Furnance Pot (to take those giant flame golems out) and I have all the ingredients.

I was able to maken 1 now I get “ cannot cradldt this item as you dont have enough hefty cracked pots”

There some caves with bunch giant pots like Belurat Gaol that you can find some hefty crack pots.

HzQLGH8.png

Antwix

Can anyone help?

The new "Hefty" pots are specific to the DLC. You just gotta find more of them. I know off the top of my head there's one in Bonny Village and at least 1 or 2 in the Belurat Gaol. For what it's worth, you don't need to furnace ones to take them down. The hefty fire pots work almost as good. I think I needed 5 of the hefty non-furnace pots to take one golem down. Probably just 2 or 3 of the furnace pots will take one down.

Cyborg

The new "Hefty" pots are specific to the DLC. You just gotta find more of them. I know off the top of my head there's one in Bonny Village and at least 1 or 2 in the Belurat Gaol. For what it's worth, you don't need to furnace ones to take them down. The hefty fire pots work almost as good. I think I needed 5 of the hefty non-furnace pots to take one golem down. Probably just 2 or 3 of the furnace pots will take one down.
Thanks. But cant you make more pots? Or are there limited amount of them?

I could only make 4 non-furnance pots. I thougt you could craft empty pots and turn them into one with fire

Antwix

I could only make 4 non-furnance pots. I thougt you could craft empty pots and turn them into one with fire
Nah you can't make pots and there's a limited amount of hefty pots. Same as there was in the base game with the ritual and cracked pots. Again off the top of my head, I think there's 9 hefty pots to find.

ssringo

Gold Member

You can't craft an empty pot; you can only find them and you can only craft as many items (specific to that pot) as the number of empty pots you have found. Once you use the crafted pot you'll recover an empty pot to make more.

Cyborg

They nerfed the lighting parfume bottle.

I was playing and everything was fine. I just needed to stop and started just now and its nerfed (usless now)

Can anyone confirm?

Bartski

Gold Member
They nerfed the lighting parfume bottle.

I was playing and everything was fine. I just needed to stop and started just now and its nerfed (usless now)

Can anyone confirm?
not sure but the poison bottle is such a huge wasted opportunity IMO. I was hoping for a directional endless cheese tool, but no they gave it a hitbox so it can't be used in stealth, plus the L2 AOE attack also poisons you... Maybe I'm missing something.

DelireMan7

Hum... I found the hippo but I can't reenter the fight. There is no option to traverse the fog.

On the otherside I haven't open the door and there is also a fog.

Is this normal ?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
After beating the lion boss....

I can climb all those stairs but the castle is covered with dark vines and i cant get in. Do i need to advance the story more first before that becomes accessible?

ebevan91

I beat the final boss.

I had to resort to fingerprint shield + scholar's shield, and blood sword lance cheese. I was doing NOTHING to him with my normal build. I never even got close to his 2nd phase before switching. It doesn't feel very rewarding but holy fuck am I glad to be done with that. I've played nothing but Elden Ring and a little bit of Bloodborne for probably a month. Time to play some easier games for a while lmao.

I 100% believe that fight and the Gaius fight will be nerfed.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Ok I just found Avatar of the Scadutree and spended way too much time on it.

Finally beat phase 2 and discover there is a phase 3... Time to sleep. Enough of that.

10/10 on visuals. 0/10 on pleasure to fight 😆

JCK75

I still am looking for when this is supposed to get so much more insanely difficult than the base game. I'm at the final boss and he's the first thing to really make me have to try over and over more than a handful of times.. and I'm not a pro at this game by any means.

ssringo

Gold Member
I still am looking for when this is supposed to get so much more insanely difficult than the base game. I'm at the final boss and he's the first thing to really make me have to try over and over more than a handful of times.. and I'm not a pro at this game by any means.
So many "not a pro" people make this claim. Perhaps you are better than you give yourself credit for?

Alternatively, you found where it gets more difficult. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Alex11

After being bored as hell of Southern Shore, all of it, top and bottom, it pulls me back in with Rauh Ruins, top, now this is an outstanding area.

Really wish they'd spend more time creating areas like this, rather than those open ones, with barely anything to do.

Yoboman

Quest design in FROM games is atypical and extremely obtuse which makes for an unfamiliar experience. No other game handles NPC quests like these games. There's no log, there is no waypoint. You have to remember your interactions with any NPC and keep track of the events that happen as you progress through the story.

But it fits with the overall vibe of the game. I wouldn't want the game spelling out everything. And ultimately it doesn't even matter all that much if you finish a quest or not, it's usually just lore and worldbuilding.
Nah it's obtuse and illogical quests are completed at best by randomly bumping into the NPCs again. Or randomly discovering a new NPC is connected to a quest line if you even piece that together

It was okay when their games followed a linear path. Across an open world it's just poorly designed. Like they didn't evolve their quest design concepts at all for the size of the maps as they did with everything else

Everyone ends up following a guide to complete quests. That's just poor design

R6Rider

Gold Member
Nah it's obtuse and illogical quests are completed at best by randomly bumping into the NPCs again. Or randomly discovering a new NPC is connected to a quest line if you even piece that together

It was okay when their games followed a linear path. Across an open world it's just poorly designed. Like they didn't evolve their quest design concepts at all for the size of the maps as they did with everything else

Everyone ends up following a guide to complete quests. That's just poor design
Even in the more linear titles like Dark Souls, there was quests you could completely miss or screw up because you went to an area out of order or talked to an NPC after doing a fight.

Especially annoying when said quest had some good rewards.

bender

What time is it?
Even in the more linear titles like Dark Souls, there was quests you could completely miss or screw up because you went to an area out of order or talked to an NPC after doing a fight.

Especially annoying when said quest had some good rewards.

Still salty I forgot to do the questline that lets you buy Boiled Prawn/Crab in my second playthrough because I forgot to start the questline.

DelireMan7

What build, lvl or general strategy are you using ?

I am asking because often when I see this kind of claim the answer is summons, OP or cheesy build. No shame or anything but the game difficulty can vary so much depending on what we're using that's it's sometimes difficult to make a real comparison between each other experience.

Bartski

Gold Member
I just defeated

Leda and her lackey’s

That was a harder fight than Mesmer, imo.
If you choose the "bad" ending to Moore's quest he dies and doesn't join the fight. On my second playthrough I got the hornsent in his place which made it so much easier, the very beginning taking down Freya fast enough was the hardest part (dex/bleed)

Last edited:
I think my Messmer glitched out. I poisoned his ass and Black Knife Tiche doing her thing and start of the second phase he has like a tiny bit of health remaining lol. Much appreciated From.
And the Commander Boar, skeleton bros doing work while I rot breath his boar. Final phase was me running with Torrent avoiding his shit while rot does its thing.
Level design is top tier. Better than base ER.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If you choose the "bad" ending to Moore's quest he dies and doesn't join the fight. On my second playthrough I got the hornsent in his place which made it so much easier, the very beginning taking down Freya fast enough was the hardest part (dex/bleed)
I realized most of you are listing for that big group fight before final fight you had to fight a lot of enemies at once.

I only had two because I bum rushed and ignored most side quests. I had the kicking priest and the knight lady.

Antwix

I realized most of you are listing for that big group fight before final fight you had to fight a lot of enemies at once.

I only had two because I bum rushed and ignored most side quests. I had the kicking priest and the knight lady.
Fuck. I had to fight 4 of those pricks.

Jedi0608

Ngl I had to respec my build to the broken lightning perfume bottle to beat the final boss. Was not very satisfying. Was ng+4 though so there’s that lol. Now jumping back in with a separate character with the bloodfiend arm and holy shit you can stagger most enemies after 2 hits with the right buffs. Super fun.

Top Bottom