• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

tommib

Gold Member
Ok, I restarted the PS5. I’m in.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

Antwix

Lol cool. Think one of my saves is just bricked now. Loaded in the game, went to Mohgs Palace, talked to NPC, travelled to Land of Shadow. But got an infinite loading screen I guess. After like 5 minutes, quit out to Xbox dashboard (and tried restarting console) and reloaded. Now I can't even load into the game at all. Just an infinite loading screen with the loading bar at the bottom stuck at like ~10% or so. Awesome...

Antwix

Lol cool. Think one of my saves is just bricked now. Loaded in the game, went to Mohgs Palace, talked to NPC, travelled to Land of Shadow. But got an infinite loading screen I guess. After like 5 minutes, quit out to Xbox dashboard (and tried restarting console) and reloaded. Now I can't even load into the game at all. Just an infinite loading screen with the loading bar at the bottom stuck at like ~10% or so. Awesome...
well fuck, I'm in now. Reinstalled the DLC and now my save is thankfully all good. Praise the fucking sun it's not corrupted.

Just tried out Elden Ring on PS5....good to see Fromsoft hasn't changed a bit since there's no improvement to the poor performance and stuttering on PS5 ...probably didn't even attempt to fix things for this update

Praise be. All my mods (remove compass, removing loading screen tips, and DLSS) still work.

Goddamn, they've pumped up art direction and visual design to 11!

GHG

Is there clarification on if you need to beat both mohgs or just the main one?

I tried earlier and there was nothing in the boss area at the palace.

Is there clarification on if you need to beat both mohgs or just the main one?

I tried earlier and there was nothing in the boss area at the palace.

I can’t try till midnight, but almost everything I’m seeing points to; beat Radahn, beat Mohg, interact with giant egg thingy in Mohg’s boss room.
Not sure how/if sewer Mohg fits in if at all.

GHG

I can’t try till midnight, but almost everything I’m seeing points to; beat Radahn, beat Mohg, interact with giant egg thingy in Mohg’s boss room.
Not sure how/if sewer Mohg fits in if at all.

Saw someone mention it here earlier but probably misinformation due to people having trouble accessing the DLC earlier.

I've got another update on Steam, so will try again in 15 minutes. Won't be able to play for long though, it's very late now.

Last edited:
Haven`t touched the game since I finished it close after release...
I seriously had to google how to use skills/ashes/sorcery/flasks ...I´d forgotten everything and my build was ofc nerfed into the ground, so despite being lvl 155 it feels like I´m starting all over....

Love it :)

EruditeHobo

Nice OT.

What is everyone's build for their first time through the expansion? I'm deciding between several characters right now.

Personally, I'm around 180. For DLC I'm going to use a larval tear to put myself at the equivalent of a "maxed" lvl 150 DEX/FAI build. Then going to use the other 30 levels or so to fill out STR & INT, so with runes & equipment I can go basically whichever way I want based on the items and new spells and what not in the expansion.

Might get too frustrating as jack-of-most-trades yet master of none? I don't know. Will see how the first boss experience goes.

T-minus about 3 hours!

Kings Field

I won’t be able to play for an hour or so but questions for the people playing now.

1. Is the new “power” level thing optional? I remember god lord Miyazaki saying it was but can’t get confirmation.

2. Did anyone stumble upon any smithing materials yet? I’m hoping we get more +10 sombers.

Antwix

I won’t be able to play for an hour or so but questions for the people playing now.

1. Is the new “power” level thing optional? I remember god lord Miyazaki saying it was but can’t get confirmation.

2. Did anyone stumble upon any smithing materials yet? I’m hoping we get more +10 sombers.
1) yeah it's optional if you want. you activate the permanent power increases very similar to the way you use golden seeds
2) I'm like an hour or so in and I've found like smithing/somber 3 and 4s lol. so no idea about the max upgrades.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I just can't with those bosses and enemies with stupidly long combos. I just beat the Divine Dancing Lion and Rellana and both just don't stop spamming endless combos. That stupid fucking lion charges you and moves halfway across the arena and then is right back at it. Barely any time to hit them.

I dislike how I spend half my time disengaging the bosses because I'm running away from attacks.

Top Bottom