• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Saw this on Reddit, too. That prompted me to move everything from my expansion card to my internal drive, and then some Saint on Reddit told me to check the install via in-game menu and NOT trust the Xbox OS.

He was right.
Now apologize and repent to From.
Im Sorry Forgive Me GIF by Deadstream

Is there clarification on if you need to beat both mohgs or just the main one?

I tried earlier and there was nothing in the boss area at the palace.
Just the main one at the palace. You need to restart your console (if playing on console) and then the DLC kind of kicks itself into gear.

I previewed the stuff and I have decided that it is not for me.
There is a neat sword dancing weapon and ora-ora type fist weapon but not much else for me. There is a funny summon reminiscent of Yoda but nothing on par with Tische or Mimic Tear. But mostly it comes down to the meat dumpling people making me physically ill and they seem to be a common enemy type in dungeons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Chiggs

Gold Member
Anyone stumble into Dragon Cave yet? I did, and thank god for the +10 Holy Relic Sword’s Waves of Gold attack.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Beat a variety of bosses tonight. Got hung up longest on Death Knight. He barely has a moment of down time to hit him, he can heal himself, and if he lands his command grab then give up because he will heal to fill even if you live.

Super annoying fight.

Reactions: Isa

Kings Field

Did some exploring before hitting the first boss. Got a Bloodfiends Arm and savage lions claw ash combo with bleed infuse. Hits like a fucking truck. 238ish bleed buildup. If you go occult it’s a S scaling in arcane but you need to use grease.

That fire giant was no joke. Nor was the random fucking spinning asshole at the start either lol. Endless combos look they are going to get annoying. Probably have to parry those.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Holy fuck finally beat that Lion dance boss, damn tough but really fun!

Everything hit like a truck…..god help us all.

Last edited:
im still hungup on stats.

On PC you can just import saves with all unlocked and pretty much infinite runes.

This made me decide I want to be able to use all weapons when I pick them up and not have to respec.

Current stats

Vigor 50
Int 50
end 50
all other 80

Are there any downsides to this approach? I dont want to be overpowered, and this seems like a fast way to use everything. Downside is that levelling after this is pretty much impossible (since you would be level 400+)

Are there reasons to level antyhing up past this point? (besides from the new dmg machanic)

tommib

Gold Member
im still hungup on stats.

On PC you can just import saves with all unlocked and pretty much infinite runes.

This made me decide I want to be able to use all weapons when I pick them up and not have to respec.

Current stats

Vigor 50
Int 50
end 50
all other 80

Are there any downsides to this approach? I dont want to be overpowered, and this seems like a fast way to use everything. Downside is that levelling after this is pretty much impossible (since you would be level 400+)

Are there reasons to level antyhing up past this point? (besides from the new dmg machanic)
I don’t want to be a party pooper but why would you use a save with maximum stats and infinite runes? To breeze through the world? Elden Ring tourism?

Curious, honestly.

EruditeHobo

I don’t want to be a party pooper but why would you use a save with maximum stats and infinite runes? To breeze through the world? Elden Ring tourism?

Curious, honestly.

Are runes going to be important at all in this area? Seems like the DLC-specific leveling mechanics will matter much more.

I just gave it a couple hours, going to dive back in tomorrow. Grabbing some ashes and new tears or whatever before taking on any bosses, personally.

Curious, honestly.

I dont want to breeze through at all. I want the challenge and I feel that eventhough you have all dmg stats set to 80, weapons wont be overpowered since they will scale with one primary stat most of the time.

The question Im asking is, is there a reason to level up past 80 with any damage stat?

The main reason for doing this is that I would be able to use all weapons/ spells/ incantations with proficiency rather than having to respec all the time. This way I can just use the build I want and change more often.

Ulysses 31

I dont want to breeze through at all. I want the challenge and I feel that eventhough you have all dmg stats set to 80, weapons wont be overpowered since they will scale with one primary stat most of the time.

The question Im asking is, is there a reason to level up past 80 with any damage stat?

The main reason for doing this is that I would be able to use all weapons/ spells/ incantations with proficiency rather than having to respec all the time. This way I can just use the build I want and change more often.
You also have more dmg resistance at higher levels. Also if you can upgrade weapons to near max when you find them, makes the areas a lot more easier too...

thefool

Man looks like I have to go back to sorcerer spam again. Close combat is painful.

Really? It's the only way i play these games.
Last boss was awful (now with the horse its probably way easier) but everything else was acceptable. Hopefully it's not too bad.

kikkis

Close to 600K peak concurrent players for a DLC. And this is on Steam alone.
Meanwhile, most AAA full released games struggle to get a fraction of this.
From Software continues to show to the gaming industry how it is done.

zCp1eOO.png
In fairness it took them many tries to get to smash hit and it was in the "stale" open world genre.

winjer

Gold Member
In fairness it took them many tries to get to smash hit and it was in the "stale" open world genre.

Admittedly, it was Elden Ring that managed to get such huge numbers.
Nevertheless, games like DS3 and Sekiro were already doing better than a lot of AAA games.
Both these games were getting 130K concurrent players at launch, on Steam alone.
From Software, didn't just stumble on success, they have been building on it for over a decade.

There is a small crypt just west of the starting area that has a mini boss that drops a weapon and armour set.

That guy almost one shotted me I have 2800 health!

Was a very tough fight.

The second place I went was kind of like a very elaborate Redmane Castle. Lots of really tough enemies roaming around and the boss was a flying laser lion thing.

That fight was cool as hell

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Lion down on my first attempt lol. I did summon Freya just to see her in action but I forgot to use my Rune Arc and Wondrous Physik so it was balanced out lol.

J3nga

There is a small crypt just west of the starting area that has a mini boss that drops a weapon and armour set.

That guy almost one shotted me I have 2800 health!

Was a very tough fight.

The second place I went was kind of like a very elaborate Redmane Castle. Lots of really tough enemies roaming around and the boss was a flying laser lion thing.

That fight was cool as hell
Yep, beat him. Was a good fight though.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
-I'm currently at level 170, and it's kinda easy at this point (though I haven't encountered any bosses yet). Maybe I'm a bit overpowered for this area? However, that fire chandelier giant seems impossible to beat at the moment. We'll see:messenger_smiling_horns:

-I started using Carian Retaliation for parrying (yes, after 200 hours), and now I can comfortably parry without those annoying mini delays. It doesn't use any FP if you only parry normal attacks.

-Is anyone else having problems with the beacon system? I place them on the map, and then they appear in the real world, but vanish from both the map and the world after a few seconds. Is this a bug?

-Are the booster items exclusive to the DLC meant to make the game easier for those struggling, or are they necessary? Do you use them? I don't understand their purpose.

Roufianos

Is this actually that much harder than the base game? Worried that people who are much higher level than me + aren't gonna be nearly as rusty as me were bitching about the difficulty.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is this actually that much harder than the base game? Worried that people who are much higher level than me + aren't gonna be nearly as rusty as me were bitching about the difficulty.
I can only speak for myself but it DEFINITELY harder than the base game. Eve some regular enemies can hit really hard.

Won't be able to play this unless I stop everything else I'm doing. Maybe by the weekend. Good luck to y'all turnished out there.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tip: Start the DLC after you finish the game,

If you finish it and decide to return to the main game you will be completely overpowerd

PanzerCute

Played a bit and managed to finish the first optional dungeon easily, defeat a dragon and kill the ghost knight at a mausoleum (great fight!).

Art direction is amazing and I cant wait to dive in properly this weekend.

GHG

Holy fuck the speed of the emenies in the new area. We bloodborne now.

Got the beast claws and checked out the moveset but not sure I'll use them.

Ice spear is still highly effective so far.

Top Bottom