• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

I just can't with those bosses and enemies with stupidly long combos. I just beat the Divine Dancing Lion and Rellana and both just don't stop spamming endless combos. That stupid fucking lion charges you and moves halfway across the arena and then is right back at it. Barely any time to hit them.

I dislike how I spend half my time disengaging the bosses because I'm running away from attacks.
This has been a massive issue for me in ER in general. Sucks they keep doubling down on this. Just bought it too...yay...lol.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You must play on PS5 right? If you're on Xbox you can use the New Zealand trick. Not sure if there's an equivalent for PS5 :(
It not long now, I will just wait.
4Vczmzh.png

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I must have died like 30 times to the western boss. This was a "git gud" and undusting of the skills I had almost completely forgotten. It's why I insisted on beating him and not move on.

Now further in the game in some amazing dungeon. Just died after what felt like 30 mins of exploring.

That dungeon design though

You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

An hour back into this game and I remember why I fucking hate their recent approach to bosses. No idea why I wasted my money on this DLC when I tapped out way before Giga Chadz Only bosses in the base game.

Money GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm ready! no one stopes King Bradley!
535a316c873ce0b1d3c13bd520efe795a32ef1df.gifv
Bloodborne and the DLC literally tore/ripped the rubber coating on my OG launch PS4 DS4 left analog stick before the material redesign.

Wonder what this will do to my DualSense sticks if I only stick to one controller.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Last edited:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I haven't played for over two years. I was trying to find out how to mount my spectral seed. Once the rust is gone I am gonna finesse this DLC.

The framerate doesn't feel like 60 on PS5 though.

People already tapping out huh.
No no it's not the DLC. I just keep playing the game because it's fucking amazing but I absolutely hate most of the major bosses so I always end up dropping it. Then I forget I hate the bosses a year later, reinstall, play to the next boss, hate it again. It's an amazing game but I just personally don't like the endless combo strings, chasing bosses for half an hour because there are barely any openings, gank squad boss fights etc.

But I love From...so I bought the DLC...forgetting that ER drives me to the brink of smashing my tv.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Level 513, have beaten Radahn, Mohg, and Sewer Mohg, and still cannot access the DLC.

Eat a dick, From. Seriously.

Antwix

It is pretty brutal that's for sure. Even random ass basic enemies in a field encampment cast like an endure type stomp then proceed to 3 shot combo you. 60 vig btw haha. Love it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Level 513, have beaten Radahn, Mohg, and Sewer Mohg, and still cannot access the DLC.

Eat a dick, From. Seriously.
Have you rebooted game, upload save, delete local save, redownload save and try again?

Okay timer is up but I can’t still access the DLC…..come on!!

Same as above. Wondering if regional time zone gatekeeping is just lagging. Disconnect and reconnect to game server, etc..

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
First miniboss has all these warning messages leading up to it lol. Well, my good old lighting bolt is quite effective, and my crucible horn sends him flying. Problem is he hits like a ton of bricks, I'm level 220 and a couple of attacks from this fucker is all it takes to bring me down, doesn't give you much space for healing either, this is going to be fun!

Chiggs

Gold Member
Xbox Fix Found

Oh my fucking God…if you’re on Xbox, watch out! It might say you have the game installed, but you don’t!

You need to go through the Microsoft Store menu from Elden Ring itself. If you choose Manage Game using the Xbox OS, it will tell you everything is installed when it’s not.

Suck my dick, Microsoft, you lousy 3rd rate piece of shit company. Aren’t you the experts in digital delivery, you pompous overstuffed twats?!

Last edited:

Antwix

Xbox Fix Found

Oh my fucking God…if you’re on Xbox, watch out! It might say you have the game installed, but you don’t!

You need to go through the Microsoft Store menu from Elden Ring itself. If you choose Manage Game using the Xbox OS, it will tell you everything is installed when it’s not.

Suck my dick, Microsoft, you lousy 3rd rate piece of shit company. Aren’t you the experts in digital delivery, you pompous overstuffed twats?!
I had a weird issue where Xbox thought I didn't have enough space on internal so it proceeded to install the dlc to my non-ssd external. I didn't think anything of it since I saw the NPC at the moghs palace cocoon and the title screen showed it recognized it. Had an infinite loading screen until I sorted the install location.

Chiggs

Gold Member
I had a weird issue where Xbox thought I didn't have enough space on internal so it proceeded to install the dlc to my non-ssd external. I didn't think anything of it since I saw the NPC at the moghs palace cocoon and the title screen showed it recognized it. Had an infinite loading screen until I sorted the install location.

Saw this on Reddit, too. That prompted me to move everything from my expansion card to my internal drive, and then some Saint on Reddit told me to check the install via in-game menu and NOT trust the Xbox OS.

He was right.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Is blackgoal knight supposed to be tough? I can't beat him lol

A little, but he's actually one of the fairest enemies I've encountered. He's vulnerable to stagger for a couple hits, and none of his strings are anything beyond basic-intermediate B&Bs with follow-ups that only and always play out depending on distance. He's a good derusting opponent.

---

Up to the area boss(?) of Belurat. The zone seems to have DNA from Leyndell and... Archdragon Peak? (mostly the more severe stone aesthetic, which is less appealing than Leyndell as a whole) I've enjoyed it but it does feel like a slightly worse remix of other, better levels. Tossed myself at the area boss a few times. His design is tight. Got my ass kicked. I am concerned he might be just too much, like ER bosses are want to be. I think I'll head back to the plains and east over the bridge first - hopefully I'll find more Scadutree Fragments - and then tackle him again.

Also very happy that I searched every other cranny in the starting zone and stumbled upon the FP restoring accessory. That's way too good, man.

So although you fellow gigachads won't be playing co-op (at least in the DLC, I may help some people fight Mohg to get back in the groove), is there going to be a group password that we can leave each other fun messages and shit?

May I propose we add a neogaf password to the OP?

Shtef

Played a bit last night on xbox, even with vrr i could see that the first area is not really running smooth. I am downloading it now on pc to see how its perform.

Top Bottom