• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

Vyse

Gold Member
You guys have gotten me super excited to jump back in. Will download the DLC when I get back from vacation!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
How do I get to the golden dancing lion? I’ve heard about it here but that place is so confusing.
You mean the 2nd lion on Rauh ruins?

Sorry for the potato map, but in case that's what you ask about:

iUqKNnf.png

You exit the cave where the red arrow starts, then turn left towards where the red arrow points. You'll find some ledges on the first blue circle, follow those ledges until you find yourself on an elevator where the 2nd circle is. Ride the elevator and once you are in the surface again, follow the yellow path through the broken bridge and you'll find the 2nd lion on that temple the yellow arrow points to.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
You mean the 2nd lion on Rauh ruins?

Sorry for the potato map, but in case that's what you ask about:

iUqKNnf.png

You exit the cave where the red arrow starts, then turn left towards where the red arrow points. You'll find some ledges on the first blue circle, follow those ledges until you find yourself on an elevator where the 2nd circle is. Ride the elevator and once you are in the surface again, follow the yellow path through the broken bridge and you'll find the 2nd lion on that temple the yellow arrow points to.
Thanks, finally found the Grand Stairway grace. Super hidden.

Kings Field

Anyone having trouble with last boss get Blacknight Great Hammer + Prayful strike AOW + the heaviest armor you can wear without being overburdened and high poise and you don’t even need to dodge his moves. I tested this out on NG+7 last night and the AOW heals back most if not all damage taken. I’ll try to find the exact build I used.

tommib

Gold Member
Anyone having trouble with last boss get Blacknight Great Hammer + Prayful strike AOW + the heaviest armor you can wear without being overburdened and high poise and you don’t even need to dodge his moves. I tested this out on NG+7 last night and the AOW heals back most if not all damage taken. I’ll try to find the exact build I used.
I had him at 1%. I summoned this “let me solo him” guy who did great but then I panicked when the boss was 1 hit from dying.

I’ll need therapy.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Alternatively.

Yeah I think I'm going to respec to this to beat the final boss because my current build, even though it has carried me through the entire game, is getting me nowhere with him.
Another tactic is to focus on guard counters using the curved sword talisman and a mixed physick containing deflect hardtear. Makes the fight a ton more satisfying in my opinion

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Another tactic is to focus on guard counters using the curved sword talisman and a mixed physick containing deflect hardtear. Makes the fight a ton more satisfying in my opinion
For me parry was key to beating him, I just didn't have stamina to dodge all his combo strings or guard counter his attack and with parry I basically cancel most his combos.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Yeah I think I'm going to respec to this to beat the final boss because my current build, even though it has carried me through the entire game, is getting me nowhere with him.
That's what I did. I had done a few respecs with my character and finally said fuck it. That build build is super easy to do.

SJRB

Gold Member
Anyone else watching Distortion2 on Twitch right now? He's doing a level 1 / 0 scadu run and it was going surprisingly well until he reached the final boss. He's been getting assblasted for like three hours now, lol.

I feel like everyone is using this set to defeat the last bost lmao.

Even with a nearly maxed out greatshield and tank build, I was taking quite a bit of damage from the holy attack combos with 60 vit at scadutree blessing 19. It's one thing if the extra holy beams did chip damage, but they stagger too and you end up being comboed to death often if you get clipped.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Funny how when I posted in the git gud thread that the problem with the final boss is that it makes 99% of builds pointless and forces you to respec etc that I was a fool. Or you have to use a mimic, or summon a player.

It’s the only issue. My Marika hammer build worked for the majority of bosses, sometimes I tried a different weapon when I got stuck to overcome, or grinded it out to learn patterns better. Phase 2 of final boss is a little overtuned for most builds. You can perfect phase 1, and dodge plenty of things in phase 2, but eventually he touches you and you’re bopped.

If I changed anything about it I would either:
-Make the last 3-4 tree blessings have a hidden effect to do more or take less damage against the final boss. To reward finding them all.
-Perhaps make it so that item that you can use to not die from the double grab he does, also gives you a 15-25 second damage reduction buff.

I think those might be fair tweaks to make more builds stand a longer chance.

For me parry was key to beating him, I just didn't have stamina to dodge all his combo strings or guard counter his attack and with parry I basically cancel most his combos.
That's fair. For the second phase, I had to focus a lot more dodge-rolling and parries (specifically the stomp followed by overhead swing) - the pillars of light would hit me if I tried to deflect everything. I had about 25 stamina for this fight

Danjin44

That's fair. For the second phase, I had to focus a lot more dodge-rolling and parries (specifically the stomp followed by overhead swing) - the pillars of light would hit me if I tried to deflect everything. I had about 25 stamina for this fight
Some attacks but parry can prevent him doing his crazy combo that hits ground that does holy AOE attack.

Last edited:

Cyborg

Finished the DLC. I used the thorns to kick his ass. 😅 he was down with 6 hits in total.

Not a proud moment but I started to get bored and wanted to finish before my vacation.

Soodanim

I'm trying not to read the thread because I'm not done yet, but I had a facepalm moment when I looked up how to get to the central eastern area madness woods. I had been to the right area, checked at least one wall in said area, but missed the actual hidden wall that was actually quite obvious when I looked again.

I'm nearly always using the Dryleaf Arts or Milady, and I recently switched up the arts on both. Blood Dryleaf w/ Raptor of the Mist for counter kicks, and Blood Milady w/ Wing Stance (what a beast this thing is). I thought Sword Dance would be a good choice, but I had it on there for so little time until I found Wing Stance that I don't think I actually got to use it. I still think it would be an excellent choice for covering ground. They're both Blood because my stat spread is such that it's only about 10-30 AR difference from Quality - any easy trade.

I had a funny moment against the Mother of Fingers boss. I had died a few times, but I realised that the phase transition was so long and her health bar was small enough that I pummelled her with Knight's Lightning Spear and she dropped before the transition was done.

Arsic

Is there a “best” way to infuse the backhand blades?

My second character from scratch is using Reduvia dagger or whatever currently until I can kill radahan and mohg to run into the dlc to pick these up.

I think I saw a YT video of someone do blood with them then do jumping dual wielded attacks to rip apart the final boss of the dlc. At least I think it was these.

Danjin44

Found all the paintings.

Has anyone figured out how to kill the wicker men with the iron boots? Can't attack their feet.
You need to throw gaint fire pot at top of their heads, in fact that’s only part you can target. Craft at least 5 of them, that should be enough to kill them.

The_hunter

You need to throw gaint fire pot at top of their heads, in fact that’s only part you can target. Craft at least 5 of them, that should be enough to kill them.
Thanks. I figured it was something along those lines. I was throwing pots of different types and was only doing chip damage.

It's confusing as the game has fire, magma, and Mesmer's flame pots :messenger_confounded:

Cyborg

I love how some end game items were so close hidden while you explored the map (before the endboss)
-
Jolan and Anna
-
Euporia

Also look at me farming and getting synchronized with a total stranger haha. Never happed to me before, pretty neat.

Orbital2060

The deflecting hardtear, and the fine crucible feather talisman completely change how you can play the game. The hardtear gives you the same ability as Sekiro to deflect attacks, also with a 2 hander. Its kinda weird deflecting Radahn and taking almost no damage with a 2 handed nagakiba. And the feather talisman gives your backstep i-frames, kind of like how backstep works in Dark Souls 2 with ADP and i-frames on the backstep (I think thats how it works in DS2).

But it takes time getting used to, so Im just running in and using Radahn as a training dummy to learn how to use them. Since you have to stay close to him as much as possible, the thing is to backstep through an attack and the roll forwards into a RB/R1. I think you can perform a perfect deflect which mitigates all damage, or most of it. If its not perfect, it still works but you take more damage, or get staggered from stamina loss. Im not entirely sure how it works. But its a lot of fun working on it, and theres progress on Radahn. Seems like the great katana with frost stomp is a good choice for my stats, since he can get frostbitten. For the 30 second +20 % damage buff on him. Im not sure if its worth it, the occult nagakiba with seppuku 2 handed has a quicker swing and easier to use imo.

At ng++ his health pool is 10-12% larger than in ng, as well.

Consort-Radhan-stats.png

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

To follow up;

Hefty Furnace pots do the most damage but they're a finite craftable, so I wouldn't recommend using them until you are comfortable with aiming your throws too.

Hefty fire pots are way easier to make in bulk, but as correctly noted above take 5-6 to kill.

Antwix

The deflecting hardtear, and the fine crucible feather talisman completely change how you can play the game. The hardtear gives you the same ability as Sekiro to deflect attacks, also with a 2 hander. Its kinda weird deflecting Radahn and taking almost no damage with a 2 handed nagakiba. And the feather talisman gives your backstep i-frames, kind of like how backstep works in Dark Souls 2 with ADP and i-frames on the backstep (I think thats how it works in DS2).

But it takes time getting used to, so Im just running in and using Radahn as a training dummy to learn how to use them. Since you have to stay close to him as much as possible, the thing is to backstep through an attack and the roll forwards into a RB/R1. I think you can perform a perfect deflect which mitigates all damage, or most of it. If its not perfect, it still works but you take more damage, or get staggered from stamina loss. Im not entirely sure how it works. But its a lot of fun working on it, and theres progress on Radahn. Seems like the great katana with frost stomp is a good choice for my stats, since he can get frostbitten. For the 30 second +20 % damage buff on him. Im not sure if its worth it, the occult nagakiba with seppuku 2 handed has a quicker swing and easier to use imo.

At ng++ his health pool is 10-12% larger than in ng, as well.

Consort-Radhan-stats.png

It really does seems super cool. I messed around with it for like 2 minutes but I wanna do a full playthrough with the deflecting tear. That and a playthrough with hand-to-hand. Lots of stuff I wanna try. But I'm making progress with my pure int caster build and I'm about to fight Maliketh and Melania and then probably move into the DLC with that character.

Forth

Neophyte
The final boss has broken me.
I just can't do it, even with a summons I can't last the duration.
I'm just to old for this shit anymore.

Orbital2060

It really does seems super cool. I messed around with it for like 2 minutes but I wanna do a full playthrough with the deflecting tear. That and a playthrough with hand-to-hand. Lots of stuff I wanna try. But I'm making progress with my pure int caster build and I'm about to fight Maliketh and Melania and then probably move into the DLC with that character.
Yeah Im gonna try it out for a while. It feels like its either the backstep talisman, or the deflect tear, and not both at the same time. Because its too much choice, and better to settle with having roll-dodge of course, and then either use deflect or the backstep with iframes depending on the situation.

That reminds me, I found another dryleaf weapon, I think I might give hand to hand combat on Radhan and see.

Respec to str-dex-arc build. Use fingerprint shield and poke bleed him to death alone or only with spirit summon.

Kurotri

I just got to him and I see why people were up in arms about this one lol. Take a break! This boss forces you to respec, for sure. I got by fine with dual greatswords throughout the base game and all of the DLC but it's evident they aren't gonna cut it anymore. He's in a different league. It's kinda sad because I think the boss actually has everything going for it to be one of the best bosses they've ever made, but he feels a little overtuned. Imo if they just gave the player a little bit more breathing room he'd be fine. Even Malenia allowed you to drink up and breathe a little. This one almost wants you to do a no-hit run it feels like.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Pump your holy resistance and defense and tank that motherfucker's light show.

I did it with STR/FTH build, heavy longsword +25, brass shield and the erdtree sentinel armor set. No summons, just a lot of practice. For talismans I equiped the double turtle one for faster stamina regen, the one that makes your flasks give more health and the talismans for more defense and more holy attacks res. About the talisman for holy res, there's one in a sort of secret area on the area that's to the east of where you fight against the sunflower boss.

You can do it!

Danjin44

The final boss is tough fight no doubt but I still find Kos (Bloodborne) to be much harder boss to deal with, especially his second phase.

This boss even in second phase still has most of his moves from first phase which I can dodge and parry but Kos's second phase just entirely different fight and his very fanatic and unpredictable in that phase.

Last edited:

Forth

Neophyte
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm using a str/fth build with +10 blasphemous blade and fingerprint shield.
I just can't get the hang of his movements.
I honestly think I'm just getting to old and slow for Souls games and it's time to hang it up.

Finished the DLC. I used the thorns to kick his ass. 😅 he was down with 6 hits in total.

Not a proud moment but I started to get bored and wanted to finish before my vacation.
Played the entire game and DLC using a dex-int build but respeced to Str-dex-arcane build just to beat final boss.
I just got to him and I see why people were up in arms about this one lol. Take a break! This boss forces you to respec, for sure. I got by fine with dual greatswords throughout the base game and all of the DLC but it's evident they aren't gonna cut it anymore. He's in a different league. It's kinda sad because I think the boss actually has everything going for it to be one of the best bosses they've ever made, but he feels a little overtuned. Imo if they just gave the player a little bit more breathing room he'd be fine. Even Malenia allowed you to drink up and breathe a little. This one almost wants you to do a no-hit run it feels like.
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm using a str/fth build with +10 blasphemous blade and fingerprint shield.
I just can't get the hang of his movements.
I honestly think I'm just getting to old and slow for Souls games and it's time to hang it up.

All I'm seeing is "yeah respec into a completely different build to complete the game" recommendations. This is a souls game, you should be able to use the build that carried you through the game this far. I'm NOT saying an optional DLC of the most difficult magnitude should be able to be completed by everyone with subpar builds, but I do think From did a poor job with the second half of the fight. The first half was fair, and had they reduced the visuals and AOE a little bit, the second part would have been excellent too. But forcing people into tank builds all because getting chipped once or twice in the fight means it's all over, that's not fun, and you can't expect most people who choose the roll or parry life to be as consistent as this.

The rest of the fights in the game, they can be accomplished by tanking, by dodge rolling, and many by parrying. Most can beat them with str, dex, int, fth, whatever combination - some may be harder than others, but they are all pretty viable. My concern is a change in design where From takes a good boss fight and decides to make it more difficult for its own sake. Focus less on making things difficult and more on making the fight FUN. One of the most fun things about souls games is being able to replay with a different build - I don't see the point of fighting this final boss again in its current state.

F Forth If you are just looking to beat him, you can always swap to a rot/bleed build and chip away. Antspur rapier from behind a beefy greatshield totally destroys him. Not sure that you want to win that way, but if you just want to be done with it I'd recommend this route. You just need 20 dex.

Danjin44

All I'm seeing is "yeah respec into a completely different build to complete the game" recommendations. This is a souls game, you should be able to use the build that carried you through the game this far. I'm NOT saying an optional DLC of the most difficult magnitude should be able to be completed by everyone with subpar builds, but I do think From did a poor job with the second half of the fight. The first half was fair, and had they reduced the visuals and AOE a little bit, the second part would have been excellent too. But forcing people into tank builds all because getting chipped once or twice in the fight means it's all over, that's not fun, and you can't expect most people who choose the roll or parry life to be as consistent as this.
I used same build I started DLC and beat him twice. You are not force to respec at all.

Last edited:
dEqtxA8.jpeg

I came to DLC with this

hrErs3N.jpeg

And after beating the last boss

zptlxcL.jpeg

Only thing I did is changed my weapon from Rogier’s Rapier to Milady and that’s it.

Is that scadutree blessing 5 near the beginning of the DLC? I can't see how you would be able to not get one shot otherwise. Good job though man.

Danjin44

Is that scadutree blessing 5 near the beginning of the DLC? I can't see how you would be able to not get one shot otherwise. Good job though man.
No this my status when just starting the DLC and i beat the final boss with 14 scadutree. My build haven’t really changed.

I’m no where near that good to beat final boss with only 5 scadutree.:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Arsic

Imagine you’re about to bust the fattest nut of your life in her guts. She pulls you in close to whisper in your ear, yet instead she decides to yell:

CURSE YOU BAYLE!!!!

Top Bottom