• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

Twinduct

Depending what you are doing the docking computer always draws alot of git gud comments but it does an amazing job and allowed me to grab a drink, let dogs out, etc ...
But yeah it's first thing to go when I need the slot.
Entrance always points at the planet. Just suoercruise in between planet and station and it's usually right in front of you.

On the cubes, just look for the axis that they are spinning on. Find the axis and then look for which side is spinning in place. That side will either be the entrance or the exact opposite side so you just need to switch sides to get there. Also as others have said the targeting icon will have an arrow pointing to which side the entrance is on as well.

Did not notice this. I was so damn annoyed that I skipped those stations as a whole until I got my auto dock.
But yeah def one of the first to go if you need a spot.

Thanks

JambiBum

Once I get back to the bubble I'll try to make a video of me doing the whole docking process backwards for you guys. Good times.

Did not notice this. I was so damn annoyed that I skipped those stations as a whole until I got my auto dock.
But yeah def one of the first to go if you need a spot.

Thanks
Also another visual clue are little flashing lights. The side with the entrance has blue lights on the cubes corners. The opposite flat end has red lights on the corners. They can be hard to see from far out but you can usually see them once you're in range to request docking. Red is easier to spot so once you see the red lights just go to the opposite end- or use the methods others have mentioned also. Plenty of visual clues!

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Also another visual clue are little flashing lights. The side with the entrance has blue lights on the cubes corners. The opposite flat end has red lights on the corners. They can be hard to see from far out but you can usually see them once you're in range to request docking. Red is easier to spot so once you see the red lights just go to the opposite end- or use the methods others have mentioned also. Plenty of visual clues!

Another clue: the entrance side always rotates counter-clockwise.

Reckheim

So many clues!

5893468+_7776fadfc8088631923de1b911718942.jpg

Carroway

Stuff has been found in the pleiades sector http://imgur.com/a/Ior7C

apparently it was the objective of the CG or 'hunt' whatever that thing is.

Some think that there are more scattered around, but nobody is sure of anything yet.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch

Reckheim

I'll take a brake from deus ex tonight to go see this thing. Exciting times.

Edit: coordinates are below as per the guy who found it.

Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 (Credit to Cmdr Ihazevich for finding the right planet!)
Coordinates: -26.3435, 97.7322

Effect

Also, don't leave your ship unattended while using a docking computer.

Ships have been lost that way.

For the longest time I wondered about this until recently where I saw a npc ship pretty much act like I wasn't there. Thankfully it was a smaller ship and they took more damage then I did but yeah. I've not once crashed or been damaged by the computer taking my ship in though. It's usually npcs that provide the real the real threat. I've been using one though more and more lately simply because I can't be bothered to dock myself. This is more of an issue with outpost though where you never know which dock you're going to get and have to fly around the entire thing to find it. Not much of an issue with the stations.

DrBo42

Stuff has been found in the pleiades sector http://imgur.com/a/Ior7C

apparently it was the objective of the CG or 'hunt' whatever that thing is.

Some think that there are more scattered around, but nobody is sure of anything yet.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch

Whaaat. We Alien now.

Looks like wreckage!

I'll take a brake from deus ex tonight to go see this thing. Exciting times.

Edit: coordinates are below as per the guy who found it.

Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 (Credit to Cmdr Ihazevich for finding the right planet!)
Coordinates: 26.3435, 97.7322

Nice! Looks like perfect timing to go check it out with trackIR.

Can't wait to get home and see this for myself.

"Nicely done - I did wonder if anyone would find it without all the clues :) We'll still publish the remaining parts, just so people can see the full flow if they wish."

Michael

link

I got my first Anaconda thanks to the last CG and maaaan that ship is big! I struggled with the airlock the first time haha

I have money for a couple of rebuys but I'm afraid of losing it !!

How's the Anaconda with npc interdictions while trading? I'm talking about a no guns loadout, is it hard enough to take a npc attack while charging FDL?

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I got my first Anaconda thanks to the last CG and maaaan that ship is big! I struggled with the airlock the first time haha

I have money for a couple of rebuys but I'm afraid of losing it !!

How's the Anaconda with npc interdictions while trading? I'm talking about a no guns loadout, is it hard enough to take a npc attack while charging FDL?

I've used it as a non-lethal trader before. It is does fine because its shields are so tanky. Just submit to interdiction. Boost. Pips to system for shield while charging FSD. Off you go.

I'm going to engineer upgrade the FSD in my Anaconda and fill her with cargo holds. I'm jumping on the next trading CG. I want a pay day. I did not expect the narcotics CG to payout so big.

DrBo42

Those coordinates should have a negative latitude by the way.

Pleiades Sector AB-W B2-4 - 9 A The Only Moon. -26.3772, 97.6982

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I'm going to engineer upgrade the FSD in my Anaconda and fill her with cargo holds. I'm jumping on the next trading CG. I want a pay day. I did not expect the narcotics CG to payout so big.

Just remember you can sell Felicity Farseer discovery data as well to upgrade engineering levels. After long trade runs don't forget to stop in Deciat to sell the data to her. Although, now that there were changes to the engineering mats required it isn't as bad to keep rolling to upgrade with her but the data helps a lot.

Dizzy-4U

got 100mil :)) loving these cgs. this extra thargoid hint tobacco one is nice. tobacco is restricted on that station, have to sneak it in.
It was my first time doing a cg and trading. I ranked up like 4 times doing that mission alone lol.

So, now what? We have to wait for the cg to be updated? I don't understand the "clue" thing.

haha yeah me too. I won't have a chance until later tonight and by that time I expect it to have federal capital ships sitting on top of it. This should look pretty cool in VR!
Will just need to park my ship a ways off and sneak in via the SRV ;)

Also haven't seen a capital ship in-game yet so that would be exciting too

fritzon

Neo Member
I haven't played this since last summer. I haven't even purchased Horizons yet. Is it time to jump back in?

I can feel an itch for it but mama taught me not to scratch.

derFeef

Dumb question but do you still have to sell your internal compartments before you sell/exchange your ship in order to not lose a lot of money?
Switching to a Cobra MKIII I think - should have enough money for that.

Volimar

Finally bit the bullet and just bought this. Been having a serious craving for a good space sim. What's a good first ship to purchase after your starter?

Just so I'm clear--didn't they change it so that they took the 10% reduction even if selling them individually, but then removed it (so it is more profitable to sell them individually, as opposed to part of the ship) after community outcry? Or am I misremembering?

Finally bit the bullet and just bought this. Been having a serious craving for a good space sim. What's a good first ship to purchase after your starter?

It really depends on what you want to do, but the Viper and Cobra are (IMO) must-try ships. Viper sounds amazing and is a fast little fighter. Cobra is kinda the first "oh, this ship can do a LOT" step up. Prior to those, you may just want to switch your Sidewinder out for an Eagle when you have some money. Eagle is fast, fragile, but very nimble and fun to fly.

Top Bottom