• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I dont understand, which factions am I looking to collect war bonds from for the CG in Mu Koji?

Or is it from any CZ?

Edit: Nevermind lol seems to just accept any war bond turn in as credit.

Edit 2: OH GOD WHY ARE THERE CAP SHIPS IN EVERY CZ

Chaff is pretty cool up close.

lpqDbJu.jpg

vavAfbi.jpg

Bubba77

So I dont understand, which factions am I looking to collect war bonds from for the CG in Mu Koji?

Or is it from any CZ?

Edit: Nevermind lol seems to just accept any war bond turn in as credit.

Edit 2: OH GOD WHY ARE THERE CAP SHIPS IN EVERY CZ
Where and how can i accept war bonds?

joecanada

Damm, that ended fast. Didn't even get a chance.

Ya me either I went in fighting last night but you can't tell from what I saw which faction was fighting for who ... So I just picked one and got empire unfortunately . And then tonight it was over.

^ you don't accept then just go to the combat zone then in your right functions screen pick a faction ... Fight away and then go back to station and turn in.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I've been trying to find a Vulture too, but none of the shipyards have had them.

Edit: Just looked up the price and I can't afford one anyways, lol. Don't really want to use my Asp since it would probably lose them I'm paying a lot of insurance.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Where and how can i accept war bonds?

You go to a conflict zone, go into your systems panel (the right one), go to the functions tab, pick a faction at the top, and then any kills you make on the opposite side award you a war bond value, then you go to a station to hand them in.

If you want credit for the CG, just go to Mu Koji system and then hand them in at the Akysonov Hub or however you spell it.

Top 10% in the Empire combat cg. Flying a courier in and around the chaos is so much fun.

Aw nice! Me and my courier are at top 25% atm, we've died a few times but we managed to trash a federal corvette.

This CQC grind is real. Eight hours, level 22, and 50% amateur. Apparently most people get Elite around eighth prestige, so that’s quite a bit of time spent doing CQC. You’re supposed to get some type of permit at 50 to a star system that has some discounts or something, but it’s probably nothing too great. I’ll probably get to 50 then take a break from it. I like CQC, but it’s just isn’t rewarding enough. My eight hours so far I’ve got around 55k credits lol. Real fun mode, I just wish the rewards were better. I mean you could argue it’s pretty much free credits since you don’t have to pay for your ship when you die, but it’s so little it doesn’t really matter.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
This CQC grind is real. ...My eight hours so far I’ve got around 55k credits lol. Real fun mode, I just wish the rewards were better.

Yep, it's kinda nice and fun, but the big problem with CQC is that it just doesn't reward you for your time. They really need to increase the credits for it considerably, more people would play if they did.

This CQC grind is real. Eight hours, level 22, and 50% amateur. Apparently most people get Elite around eighth prestige, so that’s quite a bit of time spent doing CQC. You’re supposed to get some type of permit at 50 to a star system that has some discounts or something, but it’s probably nothing too great. I’ll probably get to 50 then take a break from it. I like CQC, but it’s just isn’t rewarding enough. My eight hours so far I’ve got around 55k credits lol. Real fun mode, I just wish the rewards were better. I mean you could argue it’s pretty much free credits since you don’t have to pay for your ship when you die, but it’s so little it doesn’t really matter.
Yep. The rewards don't justify the time spent. It's definitely a well designed game mode... It just needs to be given more reasons to play it. Credits earned should increase per rank or something, and the base earnings need to be ramped up considerably.

Yep. The rewards don't justify the time spent. It's definitely a well designed game mode... It just needs to be given more reasons to play it. Credits earned should increase per rank or something, and the base earnings need to be ramped up considerably.

You earn more credits each time you prestige, but it's still not a lot. The guys that are Elite said they got around eight million total. So that means you earn around one million per prestige. While that may seem like a lot, it takes over a day of playtime just to prestige. So that's like eight million for over 200 hours.

You earn more credits each time you prestige, but it's still not a lot. The guys that are Elite said they got around eight million total. So that means you earn around one million per prestige. While that may seem like a lot, it takes over a day of playtime just to prestige. So that's like eight million for over 200 hours.
You can make 8 mil easily in like 30 min doing a Sothis or Wu Guinagi run. That's ridiculous.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Woo managed to stay in top 10% some how, I keep making lots of creds but I'm not sure what I feel like working towards getting. I think I'm just gonna save up until I have enough money to afford a mean fit FdL.

I can currently afford just the ship and the guns lol.

Onikaan

Cool. Any goods in particular?

Space turd. (Biowaste)

You can make 20/30 million a run in a Conda or Cutter once you're allied with the factions there (With a little bit of board refreshing). Once you get to Sothis take the data delivery missions to Ceos, which is only one jump away. Keep spamming those until you're friendly or allied. Then you'll get bigger payout missions.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Space turd. (Biowaste)

You can make 20/30 million a run in a Conda or Cutter once you're allied with the factions there (With a little bit of board refreshing). Once you get to Sothis take the data delivery missions to Ceos, which is only one jump away. Keep spamming those until you're friendly or allied. Then you'll get bigger payout missions.

Thanks

Bubba77

So Im plugging away in my cobra and saving money towards an asp explorer for trading/cargp missions. How much money will the asp explorer cost with upgrades for hauling cargo long distances? 12m?

Onikaan

So Im plugging away in my cobra and saving money towards an asp explorer for trading/cargp missions. How much money will the asp explorer cost with upgrades for hauling cargo long distances? 12m?

If you go sheildless, weaponless and fit D-rated core mods (except the FSD) Yeah. 12 million. (Insurance ontop of that).

You'll get 34lys out of her unladen, 27 fully laden. 92 tons of cargo if you fit only cargo racks.

EDIT: I should mention I don't recommend going sheildless in an Asp E if you're hauling cargo.

Check out this freaky planet. Wish I had gotten better shots of it.

Can't wait to land on volcanics. SoonTM.

Mr. Bad Example

Neo Member
I've been playing quite a bit lately, but I still don't have the Horizons stuff. I've been kind of intrigued by the whole engineer thing--I have a couple of invitations from them, but of course I have no way to get to them right now. Is it worth dropping the money on the Horizons season pass for the engineer upgrades?

Im off to exploration !

Bought a complete Asp explorer, cost me quite the value actually.

Then off we go ! Im already out of the bubble ! Going for the galactic center then Galatic north and then Jaques Station. By the time i get back i will probably be Elite in Exploration ! ( i scan every system and every celestial body)

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
I've been busy with work and haven't had a chance to play. I need to get my Elite fix in soon. The pictures in the thread help with my withdrawal.

Sibylus

Banned
Partner showed me a great system right outside the bubble for grinding Empire rank. Lots of missions to and forth two systems within a single FS jump. Filled half of Squire today!

Coming for you, Clipper.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Partner showed me a great system right outside the bubble for grinding Empire rank. Lots of missions to and forth two systems within a single FS jump. Filled half of Squire today!

Coming for you, Clipper.

If you're talking about the HIP 10716 and Wu Nugani loop, that place is dope. But not only does it become a great source of rank later on when you become allied or higher with most of the agents in the stations there it becomes an incredible way to make some money.

If you have a ship with enough cargo space, you can get over 200k for just delivering 32 tons of clothing to the next system over (some times even the next station over) lol.

Sibylus

Banned
If you're talking about the HIP 10716 and Wu Nugani loop, that place is dope. But not only does it become a great source of rank later on when you become allied or higher with most of the agents in the stations there it becomes an incredible way to make some money.

If you have a ship with enough cargo space, you can get over 200k for just delivering 32 tons of clothing to the next system over (some times even the next station over) lol.

That's the very same loop, lol. I'm in my Asp Explorer with 112 cargo slots (sacrificed two slots for discovery and surface scanners, I do some exploration scanning on the side). I can stack 15-20~ missions or so for each leg. It's wonderful.

joecanada

Man I've been meaning to ask this for a while . Is it intended that your sticks go dead randomly after some hyperspace jumps? I have to yank them back and forth on about every 5th jump to avoid crashing into suns ...

Guys talk me out of getting a dropship

Why get a dropship when you can get an assault ship or a gunship!
Yep!

Space turd. (Biowaste)

Why use such a big ship if it is data delivery?

Top Bottom