• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

The Cowboy

And got the Sol Permit, Wohooo.
solperm.jpg
Also made just under 40million getting it by just by sticking to the 2 systems (Sothis/Ceos), the last 2 big missions i got were 2x snake in missions each giving 6.5millionish at the same time (which was a very nice 13million in around 5 minutes).

Now time to rank up for the Corvette (i love the look of that thing :D).

kennah

HOw on you do smuggle in missions? I always get denied docking when I forget bout failed mission cargo, nevermind something actually illegal.

HOw on you do smuggle in missions? I always get denied docking when I forget bout failed mission cargo, nevermind something actually illegal.

Silent running, heat sinks and speed. Get permission from max range, then go to silent running as fast as you can speed to the landing pad.

Grief.exe

So I need to park the Anaconda for the Asp to turn in the exploration data CG? I'm assuming the exploration data I have acquired comes along for the ride.

Are people just using discovery scanners, or should I equip a planet scanner module as well?

Ugh, I went to Sothis in my Asp expecting the missions to be similar to the old smuggling missions, long distance but low cargo requirements but it looks like the cargo requirements are much higher. I guess I should return in my Conda so I can stack these. It's been like 9 months since I did these back at Robito or whatever it was called.

vector824

Ugh, I went to Sothis in my Asp expecting the missions to be similar to the old smuggling missions, long distance but low cargo requirements but it looks like the cargo requirements are much higher. I guess I should return in my Conda so I can stack these. It's been like 9 months since I did these back at Robito or whatever it was called.

I experienced the same thing, I would keep logging out and resetting the mission board until I got lower cargo requirement missions. I also can haul up to 108 tons, which is definitely helpful. One guy on here recommends only taking mission with a payout of $150k per ton or higher.

The 6-18 cargo missions are still there but a lot less common. You're going to have to refresh the board a lot to fill up on those kinds of missions.

I experienced the same thing, I would keep logging out and resetting the mission board until I got lower cargo requirement missions. I also can haul up to 108 tons, which is definitely helpful. One guy on here recommends only taking mission with a payout of $150k per ton or higher.

I eventually got some that were 12-20 tons (a 30 ton mission was available but I wasn't high enough rank), but most I got for a while were 4-10.

Finishing my first run later this evening but looks like I'll get around 15m in my 108t cargo Asp. Not bad, although I definitely ended up taking some that were less than 150k/t because I was just running low on time today.

Holy shit, quite a harrowing journey. Got interdicted about 6 times and still have two more deliveries to make in different systems. The worst was a Clipper that quickly destroyed my shields and took my hull down to 65% before I could jump out.

Loving these trading rank and rep increases :D

I own one, bought one well before I had any idea about that bullshit. I will not support the platform in anyway, no Oculus store purchases, no touch controllers, I'm done with Oculus until they get rid of Luckey which looks like won't be happening. If they don't see an issue with the face of the product engaging with hateful political action groups, they can fuck themselves.

kennah

What do you guys think, would a used DK1 be worth getting? They're available pretty cheap locally. Or could spend twice as much for a DK2

vector824

I eventually got some that were 12-20 tons (a 30 ton mission was available but I wasn't high enough rank), but most I got for a while were 4-10.

Finishing my first run later this evening but looks like I'll get around 15m in my 108t cargo Asp. Not bad, although I definitely ended up taking some that were less than 150k/t because I was just running low on time today.

Holy shit, quite a harrowing journey. Got interdicted about 6 times and still have two more deliveries to make in different systems. The worst was a Clipper that quickly destroyed my shields and took my hull down to 65% before I could jump out.

Loving these trading rank and rep increases :D

Yeah but the risk is sooooooo worth it! What shields are you running? I put 3A on mine.

What do you guys think, would a used DK1 be worth getting? They're available pretty cheap locally. Or could spend twice as much for a DK2

I used a DK2 on Elite and it was REALLY hard to read any text on the HUD because of the screen door effect. Everything else was amazing though.

Jedi2016

Finally got the FSD on my Asp engineered. It's up to 50.07ly. Wish I could drop another couple of tons from the ship's mass.. I'd like to get it up around 51 or so. The only thing left to remove would be the shields, but I need those for planetary landings. I'm even running a smaller fuel tank to eke a couple more tons out of it.

Well my exploration run is getting cut short. My dog jumped on my arm and sent me into a nose dive on a 3G world, managed to pull up but my tail end impacted the ground hard enough to leave me with 7% hull integrity. I'm about 7000ly away from Sol, but I can optimize my jump ranges some more and catch up to where I'm at relatively quick.

Bubba77

Just finished my third sothis run in my asp explorer with 112 cargo space. Ive been doing about 30 million a run. Have found a bunch of "snake" missions between ceos/sothis as well for big easy money.

How much do i need to save for an anaconda fully equipped? 160?

Jedi2016

How much do i need to save for an anaconda fully equipped? 160?
Bear in mind that many high-end parts cost about as much as the ship itself. And since an Anaconda runs upwards of 140M... no, 160 isn't going to cut it. I just ran the numbers on a build I'd like to see myself someday, and it was just short of 500M. The power plant alone actually cost more than the ship.

Grief.exe

Bear in mind that many high-end parts cost about as much as the ship itself. And since an Anaconda runs upwards of 140M... no, 160 isn't going to cut it. I just ran the numbers on a build I'd like to see myself someday, and it was just short of 500M. The power plant alone actually cost more than the ship.

If he's doing a trade build, then 170 is about right.

Jedi2016

If he's doing a trade build, then 170 is about right.
Well, he did say "fully equipped".. hehe.

Personally, I'd probably lean more towards a Type-9 for trading if I had the money to throw around. I ran the numbers on those, and it was only around 102M, with "fully equipped" in this case meaning nothing but cargo racks, and with higher cargo capacity than an Anaconda. I might actually do that in a bit once I get a bit more money to cover the insurance.

Bubba77

Bubba77

Well, he did say "fully equipped".. hehe.

Personally, I'd probably lean more towards a Type-9 for trading if I had the money to throw around. I ran the numbers on those, and it was only around 102M, with "fully equipped" in this case meaning nothing but cargo racks, and with higher cargo capacity than an Anaconda. I might actually do that in a bit once I get a bit more money to cover the insurance.

T9 jump range come close to asp?

kennah

Well, probably could have gone better if I had been pickier, but got 16 million from my first (and likely only) Sothis run in an ASP Explorer.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh man I found a new "home system"

BD+55 570, I love this place.

Decent high and haz RES spawns, and the 3 stations have all the components in system to A rate my FdL.

It's crazy to find a single system that sells all the core internal components for an FdL at A grade considering how much they vary in size.

joecanada

Oh man I found a new "home system"

BD+55 570, I love this place.

Decent high and haz RES spawns, and the 3 stations have all the components in system to A rate my FdL.

It's crazy to find a single system that sells all the core internal components for an FdL at A grade considering how much they vary in size.

Hey mind if some riff raff moves in too ? Lol. Sounds like a good place

How you get rid of dormant bounties again. I have like 200k on me and in one system the stations fire on me on sight lol. Do i have to get scanned first then jump out then pay? But what if I can't land ?

Ok now I’m annoyed. I flew out to Latugara to do the CG. I’m about to fly into the station and this commander with a Clipper just comes full speed at me. I’m already in the entrance way so I couldn’t really move in time. He hits me which is whatever. However, it’s what he did after that pissed me off. I guess he was mad because he just kept ramming me until I died. I mean like really?

Edit: So I get back to the stations and know there is this DB Scout harassing this Anaconda. He even followed him in to the station to shot him. lol

Dk2 is good if you can get it cheap. Otherwise wait for gen 2 of the Vive :)

I use my dk2 all the time and compared to the cv1 I don't see the massive improvement to justify the steep price difference
Finally got the FSD on my Asp engineered. It's up to 50.07ly. Wish I could drop another couple of tons from the ship's mass.. I'd like to get it up around 51 or so. The only thing left to remove would be the shields, but I need those for planetary landings. I'm even running a smaller fuel tank to eke a couple more tons out of it.
get some light weight module mods. It could help a lot in an asp

Volimar

My first water world!

A nice sized one too, over 4 Earth masses. Still hunting for my first Earth-like.

Ok now I’m annoyed. I flew out to Latugara to do the CG. I’m about to fly into the station and this commander with a Clipper just comes full speed at me. I’m already in the entrance way so I couldn’t really move in time. He hits me which is whatever. However, it’s what he did after that pissed me off. I guess he was mad because he just kept ramming me until I died. I mean like really?

Edit: So I get back to the stations and know there is this DB Scout harassing this Anaconda. He even followed him in to the station to shot him. lol

One of the reasons I play in the Mobius private group. No PVP and everyone seems really friendly.

sueil

I made the trip to Sorthis tonight in my Conda. Now I am just doing data missions back and forth between sorthis and ceos to get faction up because I realized Sirius Corp is there. I've gotten 2 naval advancement missions done so far as well which was nice since I want a corvette. I've gotten a bunch of modular terminals as well. Gonna take a break then grind out the last of the faction then do some hauling. I got 416 cargo space so will be able to haul some good cash in.

Volimar

Finally thought I found an Earthlike but it was this tricksy water world instead.

I began to think today was not the day I'd find my prize, but then!

There she is. What a beauty. Got my fill of exploring for a while.Three pages turned in an only moved my exploration 13%. Oh well.

Bubba77

Had another 30 million sothis run which brings me to 180m. thinking of getting a trade conda and doing sothis runs to upgrade it.

One thing is frustrating. I have one more delivery mission from Ceos. And I cant discover where to deliver the thing in system. I have gone to ever damn rock in the system and the place its supposed to go fails to show up.....

Grief.exe

I began to think today was not the day I'd find my prize, but then!

96EO8SL.jpg

There she is. What a beauty. Got my fill of exploring for a while.Three pages turned in an only moved my exploration 13%. Oh well.

Beautiful, how many light years were you outside of the bubble?

Had another 30 million sothis run which brings me to 180m. thinking of getting a trade conda and doing sothis runs to upgrade it.

One thing is frustrating. I have one more delivery mission from Ceos. And I cant discover where to deliver the thing in system. I have gone to ever damn rock in the system and the place its supposed to go fails to show up.....

Did you go to the Nav Beacon and scan it?

I'm guessing doing Sothis runs in an Anaconda is going to result in more money faster than doing it in a Python, correct?

Also, anyone care to share their trade Anaconda build?

Grief.exe

I'm guessing doing Sothis runs in an Anaconda is going to result in more money faster than doing it in a Python, correct?

Also, anyone care to share their trade Anaconda build?

Oh yes. I got my Python, did two Sothis runs, sold it, and upgraded to the Anaconda. Higher jump range and double the cargo.

Here's a build. I currently have the exact same build except with a 5A shield generator. I've been interdicted several times and never lost the first ring of my shields, 5A shields are overkill.

Top Bottom