• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

I'm at 2800 Tonnes but my loop nets me around 1.4million :D
Trading is so boring. Staring at the countdown and the loading screen (Hyper Jump) most of the time, nooo :)
Even better! That's a great loop. Boring trading isn't so bad while watching Harry Potter's stream on twitch as he and his crew gank people haha.

Plus the payoff at the end of this is well worth it. Funding my base Anaconda purchase with this cg, I think.

Latest tip

http://imgur.com/a/TRtH3

Matches up with Pic Tok IMO, like TIIQ are saying. Only 1 landable planet there. Icy too, like the gamescom image. Look for a canyon with a ship crash like that image.

Currently there on PC if anyone wants to wing up and search. Going to take out the SRV.
Awesome. May need to go check that place out.

(unintentional double post below)

The CG is intense, wow
14141530_10210335640096756_4335420423538999245_n.jpg

need to keep myself in the 25% level

it seems to me like it'll hit the last tier way before the time limit. seemed like a lot of people has been joining it today since the percentages started hitting such high numbers

I'll be happy if I can keep in the 50% hehe

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Two of my friends wanted to go mining in some RES sites and I decided to play security detail for them.

There was so little activity in the RES site and I only ended up killing two eagles that started getting too close so that was that, they started laughing about how bringing me was a waste. But then things took a scary turn, when they were hauling away their 2mil cargo to go sell it, one of them got interdicted. He doesn't equip shields for additional cargo space.

He was panicking hard so we told him to just submit to the interdiction so I could follow his wake - too late he gets pulled out. He starts running silent and spamming boost to get away from the fed drop ship that ambushed him. In what felt like the nick of time I drop out of FSD right on top of the guy and just start blaring all guns and manage to get him to get off him and onto me. It was a fairly awkward encounter but we managed to kill him and my friend escaped with 10% hull.

It was quite exciting.

MGrant

Two of my friends wanted to go mining in some RES sites and I decided to play security detail for them.

There was so little activity in the RES site and I only ended up killing two eagles that started getting too close so that was that, they started laughing about how bringing me was a waste. But then things took a scary turn, when they were hauling away their 2mil cargo to go sell it, one of them got interdicted. He doesn't equip shields for additional cargo space.

He was panicking hard so we told him to just submit to the interdiction so I could follow his wake - too late he gets pulled out. He starts running silent and spamming boost to get away from the fed drop ship that ambushed him. In what felt like the nick of time I drop out of FSD right on top of the guy and just start blaring all guns and manage to get him to get off him and onto me. It was a fairly awkward encounter but we managed to kill him and my friend escaped with 10% hull.

It was quite exciting.

That's what I love about this game. No matter what profession you choose, there is always potential for encounters like this. Now tell that silly goose to run shields if he wants to keep his profit in the future.

I flew a bit around the planet at Pic Tok but without more info it really is impossible to expect to find a random location on the planet, especially when we don't really know if it is destination. Will wait for more info like the rest.

I wonder why they have never brought it to PS4.

XBO exclusive?

They've said they want to bring it to the PS4 eventually. I'd be surprised if a team isn't actually working on it. No official announcements yet.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
The CG is intense, wow
14141530_10210335640096756_4335420423538999245_n.jpg

need to keep myself in the 25% level

Holy Hell that is an insane payout! See, this is what I expected the Jacques trading CG to be like seeing how it is 22,000 lys away, but it ended up paying pretty low actually. And the exploration CG happening there now will also most likely be low.

It really does seem like any CG's that have anything to do with war or combat are always the best ones to pursue because they always seem to pay handsomely. Typical. :(

The Cowboy

That CG is great, jumping to the next system and back twice, already in the 24mil pay-out bracket :D. I'll be happy with hitting the 50% bracket, that would be a tidy sum for me so early in the game.

JambiBum

Holy Hell that is an insane payout! See, this is what I expected the Jacques trading CG to be like seeing how it is 22,000 lys away, but it ended up paying pretty low actually. And the exploration CG happening there now will also most likely be low.

It really does seem like any CG's that have anything to do with war or combat are always the best ones to pursue because they always seem to pay handsomely. Typical. :(

That's a trading CG, just during wartime for the empire. I imagine that the Jacques CG's don't get that high because the trips are so long that not many people make them so the tiers don't get that high.

joecanada

I put about 100 tonnes in but couldn't crack top 50 ... Kept steady at 75 % but I hope I dont drop out of top 75 don't feel like going back

The Cowboy

I put about 100 tonnes in but couldn't crack top 50 ... Kept steady at 75 % but I hope I dont drop out of top 75 don't feel like going back
I'm at 400 tones and still in the top 75%, i would love to know how much is needed for top 50%.

Edit - 500 tons now and still 75%.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Eh I guess I'll hop on that CG. I was going to skip this round but that seems like pretty low hanging fruit. My trade condo can run like 400 each round so hopefully it won't take too long to get a decent payout.

I'm at 6492 I think and I've been in the top 10% for a while. I think I hit top 25% somewhere around 4000. Unfortunately don't remember what number I was at when I hit 50%.

Been doing 280 tonne runs in my Python from one jump away. Repetitive, but fast. Hopefully this doesn't end early tomorrow, or at least, not until the evening (EST). Want to make sure I stay in 10% land lol

The Cowboy

An NPC was taking a liking to me on my last run, got interdicted 9 times in a row from the star to the station - it couldn't keep up with me and my dirty drive thrusters :D.

An NPC was taking a liking to me on my last run, got interdicted 9 times in a row from the star to the station - it couldn't keep up with me and my dirty drive thrusters :D.
That can be so annoying lol. Happened to me today but I didn't even have cargo! After the 5th interdiction in a row by the same NPC I just logged out and switched to a private lobby my friend had open and finished my trip.

JambiBum

When that happens, just jump to another system and then jump back. The NPC won't follow you to another system but they will keep following you to the station.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
That can be so annoying lol. Happened to me today but I didn't even have cargo! After the 5th interdiction in a row by the same NPC I just logged out and switched to a private lobby my friend had open and finished my trip.

If you are carrying a lot of engineering mats from mission rewards, that will do it too.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ah! I need to watch a vid on how to land on a moon. I just did 8 jumps to get here I don't want to crash. Also encountered my first white dwarf!

joecanada

Well got up to about 290 tonnes . Hope that will keep me in top 75 .... Man that drop to 99 would beat me lol. However I can't really complain if I got 75 it looks like more money than I've made total since I started .

Some friendly empire players patrolling morai , one even smoked a pirate following me to station

How do you wing up ?

JambiBum

Made it to Jacques with 95% hull. Got to top 10% of the CG plus had a bunch of first discoveries. More than I actually thought. Now to take a break before I head back.

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
Ah! I need to watch a vid on how to land on a moon. I just did 8 jumps to get here I don't want to crash. Also encountered my first white dwarf!

Lol I remember how nervous I was the first time I tried landing.

Its pretty hard to mess up honestly. You'll come in on supercruise and just come in slow to the blue ring. You'll enter an orbital cruise and eventually a glide mode. Really the worse that happens is if you come in too steep you'll abort the glide.

After that you are just looking for a flat place on the surface to land. Just like landing pads in stations, your little ship indicator will turn blue if it is a landable spot.

That's a trading CG, just during wartime for the empire. I imagine that the Jacques CG's don't get that high because the trips are so long that not many people make them so the tiers don't get that high.
Iirc it was also tier 6 and nowhere near the amount of cash. A tenth of it perhaps

Twinduct

I'm completely stuck right now. I bought the game in Dec and played it for a month or two with a friend. I was running bounties until I got a Viper IV. Lost interest.

Anyway decided to try it again after NMS hyped got me (with the disappointment in reality), but not sure what changed as I can't do anything proper right now. I keep getting attacked and it's straight up just Vultures. Not sure how the Viper IV slots against them, but I must have lost close to 200K with insurance in the last two weeks.

I assume I have a shit setup. So wanted to check, anyone got a guide for a non-sucking set up for the Viper with regards to bounty hunting/ CGing?

Also what is mission stacking? I read about this a few times but never really understood it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I remember how nervous I was the first time I tried landing.

Its pretty hard to mess up honestly. You'll come in on supercruise and just come in slow to the blue ring. You'll enter an orbital cruise and eventually a glide mode. Really the worse that happens is if you come in too steep you'll abort the glide.

After that you are just looking for a flat place on the surface to land. Just like landing pads in stations, your little ship indicator will turn blue if it is a landable spot.

Got the hang of it a little bit. It was trick getting close to the place where I needed to pick up the salvage for my mission.

After that with my extra weight I couldn't make it back to my destination which was quite far so I sold a cannon and my chaffe, lol. I'll get that back later.

JambiBum

I'm completely stuck right now. I bought the game in Dec and played it for a month or two with a friend. I was running bounties until I got a Viper IV. Lost interest.

Anyway decided to try it again after NMS hyped got me (with the disappointment in reality), but not sure what changed as I can't do anything proper right now. I keep getting attacked and it's straight up just Vultures. Not sure how the Viper IV slots against them, but I must have lost close to 200K with insurance in the last two weeks.

I assume I have a shit setup. So wanted to check, anyone got a guide for a non-sucking set up for the Viper with regards to bounty hunting/ CGing?

Also what is mission stacking? I read about this a few times but never really understood it.

Unless you are part of a powerplay faction you shouldn't really be getting attacked like that. If you are part of one, it will say hostile whenever you visit a system that isn't on your side. It's best just to leave the faction so that doesn't happen as it gets quite annoying.

Mission stacking is just logging out of one game mode (Open, Solo, PG) and logging into a different one while you are at a mission board. Each game mode has its own missions and you can stack multiple missions from each (up to 20) and complete them all in one mode. People mostly do this when they are trying to grind rank or run long range hauling missions so that they get more of them at once.

Mugen08

How does that CG work? Any point for me to attempt getting any rewards starting from now? I left off E:D months ago because I still had a couple of millions to go before getting my next ship.

JambiBum

How does that CG work? Any point for me to attempt getting any rewards starting from now? I left off E:D months ago because I still had a couple of millions to go before getting my next ship.

If you are talking about the one that has been posted in the thread a few times, you just need to take cargo to the station that the CG is based out of and sell it to them. Just make sure that you have signed up for the CG on a mission board somewhere before you do it or it won't count. Basically you just buy cargo from somewhere and take it to that station and then sell it. The CG counts total tons sold and not profit ratio so it doesn't matter what you buy and sell. You should still have time to get a few million out of it at least.

It's a cargo hauling cg. Buy what they want from elsewhere and bring it in and sell it.

Check out www.ed-td.space and you can search for commodities and where they are sold. There's a menu button in the top right. Tap that and on the left will be a drop down (on mobile this drop down menu is buggy and hard to read). Select "commodities". Now, since the station you need to bring the cargo to is in Morai, put that in the system name field. For the commodity field, pick one of the three items. Hit search and it will show you at what stations or outposts that particular commodity is being sold and at what price (green is below galactic average price and red is above average). This will also tell you how many light years away the station is, so you can plan accordingly in relation to what jump range your ship has.

For example, I'm running a loop that requires only 1 jump in and 1 jump out, with 280 tonnes per jump in. The receiving station is buying all three items at a much higher rate (the demand is 999,999) so you're also be making a bit of profit off of each transaction (buy low, sell high, etc).

Just make sure to buy the correct cargo also. This cg is requiring three items:

Auto-fabricators
Tantalum
Superconductors

It's easier to pick one of the three and fill up your cargo racks with it then turn in. Go back to pick up more. Repeat until your eyes bleed lol.

Oh and as JambiBum said, make sure you've signed up for it via the mission board before turning anything in. It doesn't retroactively track items sold, only what's been sold once you've signed up.

JambiBum

That CG reached tier 7 and is up to 200 million for top 10% now. I'm out at Jacques and thought about switching to a sidewinder and blowing it up to spawn in the bubble but I really don't want to have my ship be stuck here for a while so I'm making the long trek back. Might not even make it back before the CG ends with the rate it's going but at least I'll be home.

That CG reached tier 7 and is up to 200 million for top 10% now. I'm out at Jacques and thought about switching to a sidewinder and blowing it up to spawn in the bubble but I really don't want to have my ship be stuck here for a while so I'm making the long trek back. Might not even make it back before the CG ends with the rate it's going but at least I'll be home.
Godspeed. I hope you make it in time

Twinduct

Unless you are part of a powerplay faction you shouldn't really be getting attacked like that. If you are part of one, it will say hostile whenever you visit a system that isn't on your side. It's best just to leave the faction so that doesn't happen as it gets quite annoying.

Mission stacking is just logging out of one game mode (Open, Solo, PG) and logging into a different one while you are at a mission board. Each game mode has its own missions and you can stack multiple missions from each (up to 20) and complete them all in one mode. People mostly do this when they are trying to grind rank or run long range hauling missions so that they get more of them at once.

Hmm might be a faction thing, will have to check. ugh that galaxy map is so fucking over complicated sometimes. Thanks

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Sigh, engineered my AspX to 46ly jump range, got it all kitted out for my first journey to Sag A*, and 1000ly out of the bubble I realize I forgot to install AFMUs...

Finally got out of the sidewinder, bought an adder and love it already. Made more money in the last hour than I did in a whole day yesterday.

Sigh, engineered my AspX to 46ly jump range, got it all kitted out for my first journey to Sag A*, and 1000ly out of the bubble I realize I forgot to install AFMUs...
AFMFUUUUUU

looks like the CG will end in 3 hours if it continues at this rate. I hope I make it in the 10% level. Am at ~ 4700 tonnes.

Ditto. Got up early before work to do more runs. Just got over 7000 tonnes total. Have time for maybe 2 or 3 more trips.

Staab

Just passed the 700tons mark.
If this pays out as planned, this is going to be goddamn huge :O

I bought an AspE just for the CG and kitted it out as a full cargo thing...
My DBE wasn't up to scratch for that and I wanted the Asp anyways !

Gonna keep trucking after lunch, maybe I can hit top 25% before it ends.

Users on reddit are saying this is probably a typo and that the reward tiers have one too many zeroes. Has something like that happened before? Or is this just salt posting.

mandiller

I'm just jumping into this now. Anyone feel like helping me out by telling me a good station to pick up commodities to sell for this community goal?

AFMFUUUUUU
Ditto. Got up early before work to do more runs. Just got over 7000 tonnes total. Have time for maybe 2 or 3 more trips.
On PC the switch from 25% to 10% is between 5200 and 5800 at the moment. That's where I got into the 10%. Need to keep it up a bit still to stay there. 70 million difference :O
Heck, I'm happy i am now in the top 50% :D.
Gonna get myself to 1000 tons and leave it at that.
Users on reddit are saying this is probably a typo and that the reward tiers have one too many zeroes. Has something like that happened before? Or is this just salt posting.
I've never seen rewards this high before but I don't think FD can pull it off to cut them now lol. They have to eat this and everybody is happy

Top Bottom