• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

I thought it was days left, how come so little time left all of a sudden? Count me out then, not off work in many hours. :(
It's time limited to Thursday, that's right. But if the amount of commodities needed is delivered it stops as well. And this will happen soon by the looks of it. Over half of the last Tier is done already. Within the last 90min that is.

watership

After months of putting it off, I finally bought the base game this past weekend. I decided not to do too much research before playing, outside of the training videos and missions. Oof. I love it, but the learning curve is high, Not so much in the flight mechanics but in navigating/trading/servicing/upgrading ship. I have a few questions.

Can I store parts I bought for my ship? I only have 2 hardpoints and I wanted to do some mining, so I bought a laser drill, but after doing that for a bit, I thought I'd go back to some fighting missions. Do I just sell and rebuy parts I want? It's not very clear.

Is there a way to store materials at a station? I was in a stations that had a a mission close by, but my cargo was full, and in order to empty it, i needed to go to 2 systems over to fulfil my mission. Didn't see a way of doing this.

Do bounties need to be claimed? I got into some random fights with bounties. When I was done my transactions panel said I had credits for the bounty, but it didn't seem to be reflected in my account. Is there a place to claim these?

Thanks for suffering these questions! :)

Can I store parts I bought for my ship? I only have 2 hardpoints and I wanted to do some mining, so I bought a laser drill, but after doing that for a bit, I thought I'd go back to some fighting missions. Do I just sell and rebuy parts I want? It's not very clear.
yes, sell and rebuy them. There is no penalty in doing so. Only ships lose 10% of worth when selling.
Is there a way to store materials at a station? I was in a stations that had a a mission close by, but my cargo was full, and in order to empty it, i needed to go to 2 systems over to fulfil my mission. Didn't see a way of doing this.
Not yet. Sometime in the future perhaps.
Do bounties need to be claimed? I got into some random fights with bounties. When I was done my transactions panel said I had credits for the bounty, but it didn't seem to be reflected in my account. Is there a place to claim these?
Yes, you need to get to a station, in services go to contacts and there you can turn them into money. Be aware: when you die all bounties are gone!
You can only hand in bounties for the factions the station is working with. So no Imperial Bounty in a Federal station. This is especially important if you are using a kill warrant scanner (it's a utility mount) where you can get all the bounty for a pirate, not only the local one.

I thought it was days left, how come so little time left all of a sudden? Count me out then, not off work in many hours. :(
Cg's have a set time period that they will run, but if the goal is met earlier, then it ends immediately. This cg is going to end in a few hours, at most.

zorbsie

This weeks CG is bananas. I'm at the 50% tier and the current payout is 84 million. Crazy! Trying to get to the next tier before it ends. Looks like it won't last longer than today.

StonedRider

Made it to Jacques with 95% hull. Got to top 10% of the CG plus had a bunch of first discoveries. More than I actually thought. Now to take a break before I head back.

I started moving towards Jacques at Saturday to participate in exploration CG, I wanted to try my upgraded Asp anyway. And it is a beast, I must say! 46-48 Ly jumps, I'm moving so fast! With enough time to scan close metal rich planets or water worlds I make 2000-2500 Ly per hour.
Actually, I'm already 4000 Ly from Jacques and plan to arrive today after work. Then I want to explore around a little - there is plenty of unexplored systems and I need exploration money towards Elite rank.

And as always while I'm out of the bubble there is high payout CG going there! I have never seen so lucrative CG before. Looks like I could stay and earn 150 mil easily with my Type-9 which is collecting dust for months!

The Cowboy

It's good times, only just fully upgraded my AspX, and if the CG is paying out correctly - I'll have a Python by the end of the day (or a FDLance, I'm not sure which I liked best).

Loving this game, really wish I'd got into it sooner.

It's good times, only just fully upgraded my AspX, and if the CG is paying out correctly - I'll have a Python by the end of the day (or a FDLance, I'm not sure which I liked best).

Loving this game, really wish I'd got into it sooner.
Had a FDL for a little while but ended up trading it in for the Python and haven't regretted it. Love my Python (it's worth getting some fsd engineer upgrades for it). That being said, the FDL is a lot of fun so you can't really go wrong with either ship.

derFeef

I should pay more attention to CG's. Sounds fun!
I am going to outfit my Hauler today, any tips? I wanna try mining but exploration/transport missions are fun too.

I am at 7600 tonnes now and I hope I maintain the 10% level until it ends. It does not look like this will take long.

Funny thing is, my Oculus and/or my graphics card borked while playing. Had a freeze inside the Headset so I played with it on my head but on the second screen window lol. Kinda awkward to do so. Then all of a sudden it was working againd and stopped again. Perhaps a graphics driver crash. Need to investigate this now.

DrBo42

Been a long time since I've been in an ice ring, does everyone have this washed out/incorrect lighting problem?

Here's when I first load into the ring from the main menu
016BD975A961B9C333A48B55F55164EE38FB9FC0

10 seconds later after lighting process updates
Mengy and Pomerlaw, you guys have to know what's up here with your galactic photographer experience. It's almost like AO isn't on.

In other news, looks like they put up a CG for another clue.

http://imgur.com/a/HkeDs

Top 4: 553,512,960 CR
Top 10%: 332,107,776 CR
Top 25%: 221,405,184 CR
Top 50%: 138,378,240 CR
Top 75%: 69,189,120 CR
Top 99%: 800,000 CR

Holy. Piss.

Is there a way to check not in-game where you ended up? At work currently haha. Pretty sure I stayed in the top 10% but want to make sure. :p

joecanada

Top 4: 553,512,960 CR
Top 10%: 332,107,776 CR
Top 25%: 221,405,184 CR
Top 50%: 138,378,240 CR
Top 75%: 69,189,120 CR
Top 99%: 800,000 CR

Holy. Piss.

Is there a way to check not in-game where you ended up? At work currently haha. Pretty sure I stayed in the top 10% but want to make sure. :p

I was in top 75 when went to sleep hope I stayed. I've only made maybe 10 mil total in the game so far ... Getting 69 would be crazy for this two - 3 hours work

mandiller

Just got 138 million credits. Wow this CG was crazy. That's more cash on me than I've ever had at one time in Elite. I guess I can start thinking about whether I want to move up from Python to Anaconda.

derFeef

^^
Yuuup.

I hope I can afford a good mining setup! A thing I have never done in that game before, kinda curious how that goes down.

Mugen08

Sad to miss out on that substantial cash, I am guessing this kind of payout is very unlikely to happen again. Unfortunately I also despise the grind.

Reckheim

Just got 138 million credits. Wow this CG was crazy. That's more cash on me than I've ever had at one time in Elite. I guess I can start thinking about whether I want to move up from Python to Anaconda.

Don't forget, you would still have to fit out the conda and have enough for insurance.

If you like combat I would go with the pyton for the time being. You could fit it out nicely with that money as well.

God damn, I wish I would have contributed to that CG. I'm almost certain I could have cracked 50% without much trouble. The 10% would have made me a billionaire. Was there a Federation equivalent? I could see that happening if there hasn't already been one.

Reckheim

Been a long time since I've been in an ice ring, does everyone have this washed out/incorrect lighting problem?

Here's when I first load into the ring from the main menu

10 seconds later after lighting process updates

Mengy and Pomerlaw, you guys have to know what's up here with your galactic photographer experience. It's almost like AO isn't on.

In other news, looks like they put up a CG for another clue.

http://imgur.com/a/HkeDs

If its recent, it might be because of the new drivers. Not sure what card you're using tho.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1271041

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
That's a whole lot of money for you new guys. Spend wisely lol.

That’s more credits than I got for six months of exploring on the Distant Worlds Expedition. Man I wish exploring paid out better.

mandiller

I'm currently in a B/A class outfitted Python that I use multipurpose (mainly for trading and some light fighting). I really like the Python as a fun ship to fly and as a fighter but I'm wondering if I should upgrade to an Anaconda.

My options are:

Trade in my Python for an Anaconda so I have some spare cash to outfit it. It'll be my only ship.
or
Keep my Python but outfit it for combat only, not trading, and then buy a Type-9 for trading.

I think I'm leaning towards the Type 9 since it has more cargo space than an Anaconda.

I'm currently in a B/A class outfitted Python that I use multipurpose (mainly for trading and some light fighting). I really like the Python as a fun ship to fly and as a fighter but I'm wondering if I should upgrade to an Anaconda.

My options are:

Trade in my Python for an Anaconda so I have some spare cash to outfit it. It'll be my only ship.
or
Keep my Python but outfit it for combat only, not trading, and then buy a Type-9 for trading.

I think I'm leaning towards the Type 9 since it has more cargo space than an Anaconda.
My Python is my main, currently. Was using to haul and deliver data, and then would swap everything out for guns and shields when my friends wanted to hit up a nav beacon or res.

I'm going to get an Anaconda but kit it out for exploration I think, and then turn my Python into a mobile armory. I love that ship too much to part with it haha.

Keep in mind that upgrading an Anaconda is even more expensive than the ship itself lol.

Top Bottom