• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi2016

They sometimes attack you if you attack another ship that is allied with them...even if they are wanted...and even if they are also attacking them.
Hm. I wonder if that's what happened to me the other day. All the feds turned red on the radar and I was getting attacked by several ships that I couldn't ID. I bugged out and docked, and didn't have any fines or anything. Still made a paycheck.

Whats the ship buy order?
I went Sidewinder>Hauler>Cobra. Then I stored the Cobra and bought a Type-6, which will go (at some later date) to Type-7>Type-9. I intend on trading the Cobra for an Asp when I get enough money, and eventually want to add an Anaconda, but that's going to be a looong while, methinks.

Sarcasm

They sometimes attack you if you attack another ship that is allied with them...even if they are wanted...and even if they are also attacking them.

I tend not to bother unless it's a nice bounty.

As you said you won't get a bounty or a fine (unless you fire back at the feds) and you can just jump out (into super cruise) and come back to the same site and you should be alright with the local security.

How do I see how much they got on them? k warrant scanner?

Well, tried to purchase this, the Elite Dangerous website refused to accept a visa gift card. wtf

Welp, added the card to paypal, went through that, see you guys soon lol.

I had to try 8 times with a card to get it through. Also I need to play online at some point.

Hm. I wonder if that's what happened to me the other day. All the feds turned red on the radar and I was getting attacked by several ships that I couldn't ID. I bugged out and docked, and didn't have any fines or anything. Still made a paycheck.

I went Sidewinder>Hauler>Cobra. Then I stored the Cobra and bought a Type-6, which will go (at some later date) to Type-7>Type-9. I intend on trading the Cobra for an Asp when I get enough money, and eventually want to add an Anaconda, but that's going to be a looong while, methinks.

Is there a good place to buy ships?

Skyzard

Banned

That does sound likely. Has happened to me a few times before I clocked what was going on.

They ought to fix it really. If they're wanted they shouldn't turn on you especially when they're shooting them too and you're helping them out :p

Figuring this stuff out is more fun than actually running the routes, heh.

Slopey just pushed an update to eliminate the duplicate entries that were being created, so that should work a lot better now. (people need to clear the old entries and re-download the database after running the update)

I always see you online in ED. If you need someone to test run some new routes lemme know?!

Have they gone into specifics on exactly what the Wing update will entail?

Jedi2016

Is there a good place to buy ships?
Not really. You just have to look around at the stations that you frequent, and make note of which ones have what. At some point or other, I've seen all the ships the game has to offer up for sale except for the Imperial Clipper, and that's only because I haven't been to any Imperial stations.

Sarcasm

Not really. You just have to look around at the stations that you frequent, and make note of which ones have what. At some point or other, I've seen all the ships the game has to offer up for sale except for the Imperial Clipper, and that's only because I haven't been to any Imperial stations.

Yea I have no clue where to look cause I don't frequent much really just randomly going..kinda stuck in a poopy system.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I always see you online in ED. If you need someone to test run some new routes lemme know?!

Actually I've had enough of trade for a while - going to switch this Asp over to battle wagon mode and head back to Ho Hsi to try to finish up the war. Edit: heh, better switch to a cobra, I don't have nearly enough to gear this to survive long in combat yet.

I'll start up a private group for co-op if anyone wants to jump in. I'll have quick join enabled - look for my name. I won't have voice chat or anything but it'll be nice to see some friendly names flying around the conflict zones.

To use the quick join, you have to be on the friends list - remember to add each other:
NeoGAF Player List

Skyzard

Banned
About what I was saying before, if they are wanted by the local system, they shouldn't be friendly with them basically.

--also you can see their faction in the contacts section...so in other systems it shouldn't be too bad.

Mind explaining this to us squares?

Jordan is Katie Price. Safe searching.

Going to play some more late night bounty hunting.

Sarcasm

So is my starting area really shitty or something?

Extraction sites have nothing in them. No stations offer take X to station X...how da heck am I suppose to make money?

I assume hauling is moving cargo.

Alright y'all, just got home from vacation. What's the latest "to-do"? Is the civil war still going on? Should I join it or are we focusing on something else?

So is my starting area really shitty or something?

Extraction sites have nothing in them. No stations offer take X to station X...how da heck am I suppose to make money?

I assume hauling is moving cargo.

Yep. It can be a bit daunting at first honestly. Use Thrudds or the other one and just look in your system for a decent trade. Make note of all the high/lows, sells/demands and just trade the base that the site shows if you can't find anything that is "amazing" The thing is, more time spent 'looking' for that 'perfect route' is thousands or hundreds of thousands being lost. So if credits is your aim, just trade small while looking for a better one back and forth.

Alright y'all, just got home from vacation. What's the latest "to-do"? Is the civil war still going on? Should I join it or are we focusing on something else?

War is still going...personally I've been doing more trading but now I'm back to some bounty hunting after being bored to tears with routes :)

Still can't take out Federal Dropships in my Viper. God dammit!

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

It's still going on. I'm jumping back in after having traded for a while.

Probably better to stick to solo or private groups since there are people who got tons of money with recent bugs and Open will probably be a mess since Ho Hsi became the default PVP spot.

Influences aren't changing, but that seems to be normal for war. The goal at this point is to finish up that war, then we should see some change.
http://www.reddit.com/r/HoHsi/

Skyzard

Banned
Been doing some bounty hunting at two sites and so far have just had expert and master sidewinders for about 2K cr, like 20-30 of them. Went to a different extraction site quite a few lys away and still the same thing. Saw a handful of wanted cobras all with under 1K cr bounties. :(

Sarcasm

So should one not venture out to far when first starting? Just stick around the surround systems or not even leave it and just go between the stations to you get a better feel for things?

Do whatever. Though if your system sucks get out yea lol

Sarcasm

So I bought a hauler and wanted to try out mining..so I bought a basic refinery & mining laser.

I scoop up an ore and it says UNALLOCATED RESOURCES..

I go into cargo...what do I do?

asker

So I bought a hauler and wanted to try out mining..so I bought a basic refinery & mining laser.

I scoop up an ore and it says UNALLOCATED RESOURCES..

I go into cargo...what do I do?
Go into your cargo tab, navigate the list of scooped up materials with up/down, and select which ones you want to refine. Vent the ones you can't fit into the refinery slots.

Sarcasm

Go into your cargo tab, navigate the list of scooped up materials with up/down, and select which ones you want to refine. Vent the ones you can't fit into the refinery slots.

But it continues saying unallocated..am I missing a module or something?

DrBo42

After losing 18 million a week or two ago I've decided to man up and begin again. Finally up to a Type 6. Still a long road to recover my riches.

Sarcasm

Man honestly the enjoyment of this game so was peaked when I started..it has gone downhill. Bought a hauler and so far wasted 4 hours trying to make freaking money.

Money I have made..not even 500.

Think I am going to sell the hauler or something...I need to get to a more populated area..suggestions?

After losing 18 million a week or two ago I've decided to man up and begin again. Finally up to a Type 6. Still a long road to recover my riches.

Just remember.

i6iSY.gif

Meanwhile in Cmdr. K. DIzzle's dock....
peter-scrooge-o.gif

Are there any good tutorials for what to actually do in the game? I flew off to a star system and got lost, found a station but have no idea how to dock in it. Wtf am I supposed to be doing?

Man honestly the enjoyment of this game so was peaked when I started..it has gone downhill. Bought a hauler and so far wasted 4 hours trying to make freaking money.

Think I am going to sell the hauler or something...I need to get to a more populated area..suggestions?

Look into rare commodity trading. It's the best way to earn bucks in ships with small cargo holds.

asker

But it continues saying unallocated..am I missing a module or something?
Shouldn't say unallocated if you've allocated your valuable minerals and vented the rest. The list to the right of the refinery should be empty. (You should see progress bars below the refinery for the minerals you are currently refining)

I'm loving the hell out of what I've played of this game, but I haven't the foggiest how to actually get the ball rolling, so to speak. I want to do bounty hunting, but there seems to be a total lack of direction for that - what bulletin board missions should I take, where should I be, what to do?

Nymerio

I'm loving the hell out of what I've played of this game, but I haven't the foggiest how to actually get the ball rolling, so to speak. I want to do bounty hunting, but there seems to be a total lack of direction for that - what bulletin board missions should I take, where should I be, what to do?

You don't really take bounty hunting missions. The assissination missions you get from stations will usually pit you against anacondas. What you do is, you go to nav beacons or resource extraction sites and kill ships with bounties there. Resource extraction sites work especially well in my opinion. You just cruise around and inevitably pirates and system authority will turn up turn the place into a little warzone.

bj00rn_

Banned

Elite Dangerous is a sand box, some things can be done in different ways, with different ships and upgrades, you'll get the hang of it. For bounties I usually do it in different ways;

- Go to supercruise and scan for ships with "wanted" status, and then interdict them (buy a Frame Shift Drive Interdictor module first..)
- Drop into "Unidentified Signal Sources" for some luck
- Go to Resource Extraction sites, or Nav Points which usually is a fast way to rack up credits, but it usually go gnarly after a little while, so be ready to get out of there when overpowered.

And be careful to not accidentally shoot security forces if they are around while dogfighting

Are there any good tutorials for what to actually do in the game? I flew off to a star system and got lost, found a station but have no idea how to dock in it. Wtf am I supposed to be doing?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=elite+dangerous+tutorial

You don't really take bounty hunting missions. The assissination missions you get from stations will usually pit you against anacondas. What you do is, you go to nav beacons or resource extraction sites and kill ships with bounties there. Resource extraction sites work especially well in my opinion. You just cruise around and inevitably pirates and system authority will turn up turn the place into a little warzone.

Elite Dangerous is a sand box, some things can be done in different ways, with different ships and upgrades, you'll get the hang of it. For bounties I usually do it in different ways;

- Go to supercruise and scan for ships with "wanted" status, and then interdict them (buy a Frame Shift Drive Interdictor module first..)
- Drop into "Unidentified Signal Sources" for some luck
- Go to Resource Extraction sites, or Nav Points which usually is a fast way to rack up credits, but it usually go gnarly after a little while, so be ready to get out of there when overpowered.

And be careful to not accidentally shoot security forces if they are around while dogfighting

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=elite+dangerous+tutorial

That actually sounds way cooler than taking missions, awesome! Thanks.

Rare as in? I been too many stations collected bounties and hauled tea..what is this?

There are certain commodities that can only be purchased from one station and the further you are from that station the more they sell for (about 150my is the optimal distance).

I recommend you Google it or check out the elite traders subreddit for some good rare routes.

bj00rn_

Banned
I went at it with a wanted guy in an Anaconda with my humble Cobra. I think I spent 5-10 minutes before I managed to end him. Had to limp back for repair. ..Bounty: 460Cr, lol

Does a kill warrant scanner reveal the bounty in beforehand..?

I went at it with a wanted guy in an Anaconda with my humble Cobra. I think I spent 5-10 minutes before I managed to end him. Had to limp back for repair. ..Bounty: 460Cr, lol

Does a kill warrant scanner reveal the bounty in beforehand..?

If they show up as 'Wanted', you should be able to check their bounty under the 'Contacts' tab of your ships left UI screen.

Where are you now?

Oh yea, regarding WANTED ships the amount they're wanted for should show up on the main dash. It's annoying having to go into the UI to continue checking if htey're worth the trouble.

Sarcasm

Where are you now?

Oh yea, regarding WANTED ships the amount they're wanted for should show up on the main dash. It's annoying having to go into the UI to continue checking if htey're worth the trouble.

Can't remember either something like LHS 3589 roosa gateway I think.

Kyoufu

I've made 100k today with the Hauler trading in Eravate, but this is really tedious for what is only 3-4k profit per trip. I still need another 200k to afford the Cobra. Not sure if I want to continue this.

edit: I'm being a noob. Increased my credit spend on the trading tool and I see better options. 10k for one trip sounds good. Yay.

Sarcasm

I've made 100k today with the Hauler trading in Eravate, but this is really tedious for what is only 3-4k profit per trip. I still need another 200k to afford the Cobra. Not sure if I want to continue this.

At roosa gateway in LHS 3589 (I started in eravate) with my hauler one jump to LTT 39877 (or something) paid me 7K. Doesn't pop up all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom