• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enotria: The Last Song Indefinitely Delayed for Xbox Series Consoles

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Yeah, I don't know what the hell MS is doing here lately. I was planning to get Witchspring. Just seems like such a strange issue. People have dev kits and are literally finishing builds but can't hit send on the webpage?

images

Time for the press to get a comment, since we know they can do that at least. Short Passi, time to redeem yourself and get some answers.

Topher

Gold Member
Possible 4th example (I've noticed a few days ago when I was checking their twitter account for info on the western physical release):

The Xbox version of Witchspring R - which should have released alongside the PS5 and Switch versions - has seemingly been delayed for 'other reasons' even though the build appears to be complete.

MS needs to get their shit together and help out these small self-published indie studios.

BROoO11.png

witchsprings-r-console-date.png
If You Say So Shrug GIF

The Saint

So, is this a fast soulslike similar to Sekiro or games like Devil May Cry and Stellar Blade or is a slow clunky soulslike similar to the dark souls games? I prefer the faster combat, honestly.

Darsxx82

We don't know what is going on behind the scenes between MS and these devs. I would think most would start posting this stuff on twitter as a last resort. And this doesn't mean that only these devs are having problems. It means they are the only ones who have spoken up. Could be they are the only ones. My guess is there are others, but that's me guessing just as you are so I'll leave it at that.

This is the tweet they just published......

That is, they are asking the XBOX community for visibility and to mention and retweet everything possible so that someone at MS can solve the problem and they can release the game on its date.....🤨

It's not a question of believing them or not. Possibly the problem is real and they are not the only ones to have suffered from it. What is suspicious is the way in which it has been managed in a timely manner. What they are doing now could have been done months ago and cut off speculation and narratives like "XSS is the problem" (even though it wasn't)

And this after there have been announced and delayed XS multiple times because main reason was : "We do not have sufficient resources and we have ben force to focus on the PC and PS5 versions and we will develop the XSX version post launch"....

Last edited:

Astray

It genuinely seems like there is a deep deterioration within Xbox as an entity that manages a platform.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the firings or what exactly, but things seem to get dropped by their teams in a strange and very inexplicable way.

Time for the press to get a comment, since we know they can do that at least. Short Passi, time to redeem yourself and get some answers.
Short Passi made me lol.

Topher

Gold Member

That is, they are asking the XBOX community for visibility and to mention and retweet everything possible so that someone at MS can solve the problem and they can release the game on its date.....🤨

It's not a question of believing them or not. Possibly the problem is real and you are not the only ones to have suffered from it. What is suspicious is the way in which it has been managed in a timely manner.

And this after there have been announcements of its launch and delay in XSX whose main reason was : "We do not have sufficient resources and we have ben force to focus on the PC and PS5 versions and we will develop the XSX version post launch"....

So something changed and now there is an Xbox version and they are trying to get it approved. I don't know what to tell you. If there wasn't an Xbox version being submitted to Microsoft, I'm sure Microsoft would say that considering they were not shy on commenting on Black Myth.

But I get your point. It is a strange turn of events from March to now.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
So it was coming to Switch, PS5 and... Xbox One? This is either an honest mistake or some high-level trolling.
It's neither, I already posted about it when the console version was announced a few months ago.

nowhat

It's neither, I already posted about it when the console version was announced a few months ago.

That... kinda makes more sense, and doesn't. Maybe the studio couldn't afford a new devkit? Entirely plausible. Or MS just doesn't want to ship them to developers, which wouldn't make sense, but would also be plausible.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
That... kinda makes more sense, and doesn't. Maybe the studio couldn't afford a new devkit? Entirely plausible. Or MS just doesn't want to ship them to developers, which wouldn't make sense, but would also be plausible.
They're a small Korean indie studio, and it's their first time publishing on Xbox, so them not having a Series devkit can be excused.

Anyway, I don't think it matters since Xbox One games are 100% BC with the Series console so just releasing the XBO version would be enough to make the game available for all Xbox customers.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Sounds like you submit a build and it auto-checks it for certain errors, and can be pretty picky. Most of the time works, but sometimes has errors that have to be manually addressed?

The asylum is talking about it with some devs.

Mr.Phoenix

It's not a question of believing them or not. Possibly the problem is real and they are not the only ones to have suffered from it. What is suspicious is the way in which it has been managed in a timely manner. What they are doing now could have been done months ago and cut off speculation and narratives like "XSS is the problem" (even though it wasn't)

And this after there have been announced and delayed XS multiple times because main reason was : "We do not have sufficient resources and we have ben force to focus on the PC and PS5 versions and we will develop the XSX version post launch"....

I think to be looking at this in anyway at all, and the key thing you or anyone is leaving with is "suspicious" is entirely missing the point.

It doesn't matter what or why they are doing it. Anything other than it being money-hatted by Sony (even that is bad for MS) is a slap in the face of MS and paints a very vivid picture of where the state of Xbox is. All this talk about subliminal marketing, funny business, or whatever is just as usual, shifting the focus from what is really important.

These things should not be happening on Xbox period. And this list is growing. The second any dev is ready to skip one platform and forgo whatever money they could have made from it, especially when they aren't being paid to do so... is a problem.

And I said it in another thread... what more do we need to see? We have third-party devs skipping Xbox for "reasons" and now even Xbox publishing their games on PlayStation. And while this is not directed at you, we still have some people burying their heads in the sand.

Completed the demo. Was super solid and has the best parry sound effects. Cool abilities as well. This was the game I was looking forward to getting to hold me over from the Wukong delay.

Alan Wake

Given how badly many multiplats are selling on Xbox, I'm actually surprised there's still so many games released on the platform.

Damn, this developer is going for Xbox's jugular.

How insane is it that Phil Spencer is doing his farewell tour while Xbox is going through so much shit ? He doesn't give a flying fuck
about the brand or its community.

And to think some people still defend this man and company; it’s truly a testament to how low some people can go or to the power this medium can have over people's feelings.

this brand is completely worthless

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

How insane is it that Phil Spencer is doing his farewell tour while Xbox is going through so much shit ? He doesn't give a flying fuck

And to think some people still defend this man and company; it’s truly a testament to how low some people can go or to the power this medium can have over people's feelings.

Xbox just doesn't care about its console or console users anymore. The writing has been on the wall.

There's nothing more they can do to prove that, except perhaps having a big banner on xbox.com that says "We don't give a fuck about you!"

Even then some people would justify that and defend the corporation.

I'm pretty sure Phil knows nothing about this, he's the top guy at Microsoft gaming so there's plenty under him who should be helping these guys. Also farewell tour? What are you talking about?

See XBox guys, this is what happens when you don’t buy or support games. I still blame the XBOX community the most for this more than I blame it on the Series S hardware limitations or even questionable leadership for certain games skipping the console.

Last edited:

Z O N E

I mean... according to them they stopped development of the Xbox version all the way back in March and said they would re-evaluate releasing on Xbox POST launch.

So, which is it Devs?

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Well at least this unknown game has got enough attention for Xbox to reach out and get this sorted.

Absolutely pathetic that it has to resort to this to get stuff fixed though.

Edit...wait a minute is something unfolding here? It's actually the devs?

Last edited:
See XBox guys, this is what happens when you don’t buy or support games. I still blame the XBOX community the most over the Series S hardware limitations or even leadership for certain games skipping the console.
First off this has nothing to do with sale's, secondly you blame the community for hardware limitations? 😅 Stop posting buddy you're not making any sense.

This is from what I can see a lack of Xbox support for the developer, what's going on I don't know but it needs to be addressed. I'd wager small game is not getting the attention from the Xbox team that a higher profile game would unfortunately, hopefully it gets sorted.

First off this has nothing to do with sale's, secondly you blame the community for hardware limitations? 😅 Stop posting buddy you're not making any sense.

This is from what I can see a lack of Xbox support for the developer, what's going on I don't know but it needs to be addressed. I'd wager small game is not getting the attention from the Xbox team that a higher profile game would unfortunately, hopefully it gets sorted.
I’m not blaming the community for the hardware limitations. I’m blaming them for not buying games which got us here in the first place where games skip/get delayed/canceled, etc on the XBOX platform. Again, I feel it’s more of the community’s fault than the limitations of the XSS or even leadership like some people suggested. The lack of a support could be because Microsoft is not treating some particular games or companies as top priority as well for certain reasons.

Between situations like this and the community not supporting games is one of the reasons I feel XBOX is in their current position, but we’ll see what happens with this.

Last edited:

Vroadstar

200.gif

Top Bottom