• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Enotria: The Last Song Indefinitely Delayed for Xbox Series Consoles

Vroadstar

😅 Stop posting buddy you're not making any sense.

Has that ever stopped you?

Skifi28 Skifi28 reply 🔥 🔥 🔥
The Simpsons GIF

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Edit...wait a minute is something unfolding here? It's actually the devs?
So 3 months ago they weren't working on it. But now they've been waiting 2 months with a finished build. So they finished the whole port in 1 month, and are now publicly losing it.

MS may be shitty at communicating with some smaller devs, but these guys are honestly ... strange. It really does give me Quantum Error flashbacks. The only time I even heard about this game being discussed is their many public Xbox statements.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Something changed as now they are saying the Xbox version is ready.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live
As far as I know, they never once said that the Xbox version was not ready.

Also, people are forgetting that they are a part of ID@Xbox. They wouldn't burn bridges with a potentially long-term partner just for the sake of temporary marketing points.

Topher

Gold Member
As far as I know, they never once said that the Xbox version was not ready.

Also, people are forgetting that they are a part of ID@Xbox. They wouldn't burn bridges with a potentially long-term partner just for the sake of temporary marketing points.

They said the Xbox version was suspended and they would reevaluate post-launch. Either way, something changed if it is now just waiting on Microsoft.

But yeah, I don't see what they would be getting out of this by making a stink for the hell of it. Sounds to me like they spent money to get it done and now are pissed off by the red tape. Can't blame them.

Zacfoldor

Just because it has been reported once more does not mean that it is a trend. Hundreds and hundreds of indi games are released on XSeries every day, month and year of all kinds without problems too. What happened differently?

The fact is that perhaps the decision not to launch it on day one could have been that, but the way of managing it could not have been worse and more suspicious.

They have had a lot of time to raise their voices and that will help them reach the date. Nor have they seen it necessary to clarify the reason in the official statement🤷

It was very simple. The situation should have been reported several months ago and show the negligence and alleged contempt of MS/XBOX for its game.. Instead, they have decided to do it a couple of weeks after its launch and not comment on the reasons, leaving speculation to any possible narrative.
Sorry but this sounds like pure damage control.

This is not the first time we have heard about this and people coming in here like "who me" are either ill informed or worse.

Xbox has a rather shit system in order to get games on their Xbox console. Games without much pull may not be able to complete the process. Xbox need to fix their process. Simple as that.

Whether that is a "win" or "loss" in the perceived console war is irrelevant. Xbox screwed up. They failed. Fix it yesterday Xbox, or not, many of us no longer care, but I do care because of the poor people who have to game on an Xbox exclusively. Those poor people need some consideration and next gen hopefully they make a better decision.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
They said the Xbox version was suspended and they would reevaluate post-launch. Either way, something changed if it is now just waiting on Microsoft.

But yeah, I don't see what they would be getting out of this by making a stink for the hell of it. Sounds to me like they spent money to get it done and now are pissed off by the red tape. Can't blame them.
I think people (not you) are confused by this assumption.

They said suspended, not that the port wasn't ready from their end. I don't think we should conflate the two.

It is very much possible that they said 'suspended' because they couldn't work on it further, as that'd require a response from Microsoft. I'm sure they got a response after that because that tweet is 6 months old, and they recently said that Microsoft is taking ~2 months to respond.

They kept waiting for the response(s) and ultimately decided to release the rest of the versions, as all the ports are ready from their end (PS, PC, Xbox), but they can't release the Xbox version because of no product page and no responses from the Xbox Certification department.

winjer

Gold Member

Skifi28

Microsoft has reportedly apologised to Jyamma Games following claims the firm ignored the developer during the Xbox certification process of Enotria: The Last Song.

This along with that other thread a few weeks ago.

What's going on with the Xbox submission process? Did they get hit by the layoffs this year and now can't keep up with the smaller titles?
Apparently, having to call them out on twitter is now part of the certification process. Hey, at least it works.

Last edited:
Ok. So they got an apology. What else? Can they get get it submitted now?

Microsoft: Hey we're sorry about that.

Jyamma Games: No worries. So we're trying to submit....Hello?... Hello?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Ok. So they got an apology. What else? Can they get get it submitted now?

Microsoft: Hey we're sorry about that.

Jyamma Games: No worries. So we're trying to submit....Hello?... Hello?
I assume that the certification process is now in the hands of someone aware of the situation and that the issue will be solved shortly.

Dude what more can be said from a random poster?MS noticed and saw that it was giving them bad rep, so someone probably higher in the hierachy took or is taking care of it.Now we just have to wait until there's a release date decided by ms/the studio.
Lighten up a little. I'm just saying you worded it so professionally. You big 'This call is being recorded for quality insurance' sounding fckr. Lol

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Lighten up a little. I'm just saying you worded it so professionally. You big 'This call is being recorded for quality insurance' sounding fckr. Lol
Oh sorry I totally misnderstood what you meant, and sorry if it came as agressive, it was not written in agressivity, just that I don't know more sadly.
Well I'm glad to hear that my english sounded professionnal considering it is self taught.But yeah this situation reminded me of dealing with administrations....You keep calling and facing walls or impossible conundrums until you call and find "the guy".By the guy I mean the guy that is competent that knows his shit and gets the job done.Happenned to me multiple times for problems that took months until I found the guy 10 minutes later every problem solved.
Well I hope that Enotria case is handled by "the guy", for the studio and for the xbox players than wants to play this game.

Stafford

Microsoft has now issued an official statement on the matter,

“We’ve connected with Jyamma Games and got great feedback that we will use to improve our processes. We look forward to working with them to bring Enotria: The Last Song to Xbox.”
We’ve heard from our sources that new security protocols put in place by Microsoft due to ongoing cyber attacks from hostile state actors like Russia may have impacted certification times for games. We’ll be sure to update you further if more information comes our way.

Top Bottom