• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Bolling's 19-year-old son dies hours after Fox announced departure

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eric-bollings-son-dies-19-year-old/

BOULDER, Colo. -- The son of former Fox News host Eric Bolling has died, just hours after Fox announced that Bolling was leaving the network.

Bolling said in a tweet on Saturday that he and his wife, Adrienne, were devastated by the loss of their son, Eric Chase Bolling. A freshman at the University of Colorado in Boulder, Eric Chase Bolling died Friday night.

Eric Bolling said the cause of his son's death is under investigation but that authorities told him there was "no sign of self harm at this point" and that an autopsy was planned next week.

Jeez, he deserved to be fired but man the devastation of this happening would be too much.

The two events are entirely different. He deserved to get fired, but no parent deserves to lose a child. Hoping he and his wife find the comfort they'll need to get through this.

cirrhosis

Well, timing of this was really unfortunate.

His firing I mean. Not that I'm defending him in any way.

Well wishes to his fam.

That's horrible :(

I hope the family gets comforted in these times. No parent should outlive their children.

Man it couldn't have happened in a worse time either.

Gosh that's so sad. I hope his family recovers and gets closure.

I get that he's a piece of crap, but these two things at once... that has to be devastating for his wife.

Lord Fagan

Regardless of the timing or the cause, it's just so unfair and heartbreaking when someone loses a child right when they're coming of age and just getting into the race.

Condolences to him and his family.

Was that really a concern here? I mean usually you hear no signs of foul play. It just strikes me as odd.

19 year olds don't just drop dead unless there was a medical concern previously.

Really bad luck to the family. Firing has nothing to do with this. The man made a ton of money and will be fine. But to bury your son... I wish that on no one.

Makes me feel genuinely sorry for him. To have his life destroyed to this extent is ludicrous.

What Bolling did was wrong, but there has to be a better way to handle these situations. Loss of life that can be traced back to something as stupid as dick pics is mind boggling to me.

Makes me feel genuinely sorry for him. To have his life destroyed to this extent is ludicrous.

What Bolling did was wrong, but there has to be a better way to handle these situations. Loss of life that can be traced back to something as stupid as dick pics is mind boggling to me.

We honestly don't know how or why his son died. It may be completely unrelated. Someone sexually harassing co-workers is a good reason to fire someone. If his son did do something to himself because of this, the father probably should have taken into consideration that he was a very public person and that anything he did relates directly back to his family.

He didn't deserve to lose his son, but in the end, his penis was more important to him than anyone else around him.

smurfx

get some go again

huh? you can't ignore what people do just because it might somehow have bad side effects later on. nobody would ever get punished otherwise.

We honestly don't know how or why his son died. It may be completely unrelated. Someone sexually harassing co-workers is a good reason to fire someone. If his son did do something to himself because of this, the father probably should have taken into consideration that he was a very public person and that anything he did relates directly back to his family.

He didn't deserve to lose his son, but in the end, his penis was more important to him than anyone else around him.

Yeah, but it's dick pics. I could understand if he was doing the in-person, vile stuff that O'Reilley was accused of. Or leveraging his position of power to coerce these women into reciprocating. Or committing sexual assault. But it doesn't seem like he did any of that, he just sent pics of his wiener to coworkers like an immature, horny teenager. He's not a monster, just a moron.

He deserved to be reprimanded, but our culture of public crucifixion is creating an environment where the level of trauma experienced by the perpetrator and their loved ones reaches catastrophic levels over some fairly mild offenses.

This does not seem like a just outcome. I think we ought to have more compassion when judging people whose crimes have not caused any harm or trauma.

C4Lukins

Yeah, but it's dick pics. I could understand if he was doing the in-person, vile stuff that O'Reilley was accused of. Or leveraging his position of power to coerce these women into reciprocating. Or committing sexual assault. But it doesn't seem like he did any of that, he just sent pics of his wiener to coworkers like an immature, horny teenager. He's not a monster, just a moron.

He deserved to be reprimanded, but our culture of public crucifixion is creating an environment where the level of trauma experienced by the perpetrator and their loved ones reaches catastrophic levels over some fairly mild offenses.

This does not seem like a just outcome. I think we ought to have more compassion when judging people whose crimes have not caused any harm or trauma.

I will never get the dick pic thing. The most mangled goofy part of your body and you send it to them why? I guess it is the same sort of thing as the people who walk around in long coats, expose themselves and run away in New York 80's movies.

We live in a culture of bullying, and not in the old school sense where a few kids from school pick on you. No the whole Internet comes down on you for something you say or for who your parents are. When you are 19 that is a lot to deal with.

Oh please. He's a grown-ass man. One, sending unsolicited dick pics to coworkers shouldn't be brushed off as just acting like an "immature, horny teenager". Second, the allegations went a bit further than that (story 1) (story 2).

You seem to be suggesting that we treat cases of rampant workplace sexual harassment with kid gloves lest we inflict emotional distress on the alleged perpetrator or their family. All that I see that happened here was a reporter got a scoop that the dude was a creep, the network suspended Bolling, Bolling retaliated against the reporter by suing him for $50 million dollars, and a month later, the network let Bolling go.

Maybe randos online were harassing him or his family, which of course is unacceptable, but I don't know how you avoid that other than by not reporting on the story at all - and seeing as how sexual harassment seems to be endemic to the corporate culture over at Fox News, I think you can make a damn good argument that public reporting is necessary for them to properly address it.

never seen anyone defend unsolicited and unwanted dick pics as warranting anything other than termination before. Can't say I agree with you on that one, to say the least. Also have to disagree with you on the traumaend, here is a real power imbalance between the here that he was attempting to exploit. Also, if you're a public figure and you've made your wealth by being in the public eye, you kinda shouldn't be able to avoid a public flogging on things like this. Imho.

Here's a better idea...don't send pictures of your dick to your coworker? Novel idea I know.

jbug617

Banned
From TMZ
Eric Chase Bolling, Jr. died in his bed, TMZ has learned, after enduring "emotional torture" over the humiliation his dad was suffering, but the circumstances surrounding his death remain a mystery.
Sources familiar with the death investigation tell TMZ, Eric Chase was "destroyed" by his dad's departure from Fox News Channel ... forced out because years ago Eric Sr. had texted pics of his genitalia. Sources connected with Eric Sr. tell us he actually made the decision to part ways earlier than he wanted because he knew his son was having trouble dealing with the publicity and the embarrassment.
Our sources say Eric Chase was found in his bed Friday afternoon with the covers over him in normal position. There was no suicide note, we're told, and no pill bottles or drug paraphernalia. Nevertheless, the operating theory is that this was some form of overdose. As one source tells TMZ, "19-year-olds just don't go to sleep and not wake up."
Eric Sr. found out about his son's death 2 hours after making his exit deal with FNC.
We're told the coroner is conducting toxicology and other tests to determine cause of death.
http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/11/eric-chase-bolling-jr-died-dead-bed-overdose-cause-of-death/

C4Lukins

Here's a better idea...don't send pictures of your dick to your coworker? Novel idea I know.

This is a case of the child of a sickman sending douche dick picks taking their own life. Maybe, that is not confirmed. But it lines up.

No sympathy for that?

I imagine the kid had a lot of Tweets. Telling him is father was a fuck up evil cunt.

Do you blame the father who was a super dick, or those that attacked his kid?

It is probably a bot of both. And everyone really needs to dig in and realize that the sins of a father does not apply to their young son.

Enzom21

This is a case of the child of a sickman sending douche dick picks taking their own life. Maybe, that is not confirmed. But it lines up.

No sympathy for that?

I imagine the kid had a lot of Tweets. Telling him is father was a fuck up evil cunt.

Do you blame the father who was a super dick, or those that attacked his kid?

It is probably a bot of both. And everyone really needs to dig in and realize that the sins of a father does not apply to their young son.

How about you actually read what Angelus was replying to?

Top Bottom