• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eric Bolling's 19-year-old son dies hours after Fox announced departure

The Wart

Yeah, but it's dick pics. I could understand if he was doing the in-person, vile stuff that O'Reilley was accused of. Or leveraging his position of power to coerce these women into reciprocating. Or committing sexual assault. But it doesn't seem like he did any of that, he just sent pics of his wiener to coworkers like an immature, horny teenager. He's not a monster, just a moron.

He deserved to be reprimanded, but our culture of public crucifixion is creating an environment where the level of trauma experienced by the perpetrator and their loved ones reaches catastrophic levels over some fairly mild offenses.

This does not seem like a just outcome. I think we ought to have more compassion when judging people whose crimes have not caused any harm or trauma.

You seem to be operating under the assumption that either a) unsolicited dick pics don't constitute sexual harassment, b) sexual harassment does not cause harm or trauma, or c) both. Please reexamine these assumptions.

As a general rule, when you find yourself attempting to determine which form of sexual harassment is better/worse than another, as a means of defense ("well to be fair..."), you've lost the fucking plot. Dick pics, cat calls, grabbing...this isn't a points system. The dude is trash. O'Reilly is trash. Leave it there.

RIP to the kid.

Flo_Evans

As a general rule, when you find yourself attempting to determine which form of sexual harassment is better/worse than another, as a means of defense ("well to be fair..."), you've lost the fucking plot. Dick pics, cat calls, grabbing...this isn't a points system. The dude is trash. O'Reilly is trash. Leave it there.

RIP to the kid.

Eh I don't know if I can agree with that. There are degrees to assault, murder, theft etc.

You think cat calling a woman on the street is basically the same as rape?

Eh I don't know if I can agree with that. There are degrees to assault, murder, theft etc.

You think cat calling a woman on the street is basically the same as rape?

Sexual harassment and sexual assault arent the same things.

Your argue t would make more sense if you were trying to compare which type of rape is the worst.

The poster you quoted is making the point that when you're at the point where your e comparing people's different types of sexual harassments to decide who is the better person, the argument is already lost because there's something quite wrong with that line of discussion.

Also, if his son lost his life based on his father's conscious decisions to be, reaffirm others decisions to be, and inspire other people to be the kind of disgusting piece of shit that probably pushes people on the end of his serpent tongue and vitriol to contemplate the worth of their own lives too......well RIP to the kid but FUCK Eric Bolling and his feelings.

If this is a culmination of all his decisions to help ruin people's lives by pushing and reaffirming disgusting narratives and just being a nasty human being all round, I just want someone to ask him if it was all worth it.

Top Bottom