• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating leaks Horizon: Zero Dawn Remastered for PS5 and PC

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
As someone who didn't love Zero Dawn and who generally defends remasters and remakes, I just don't see the need for this.

Zero Dawn is already on PC. It hit PC just 4 years ago. At least TLOUP1 or TLOUP2 weren't on PC already.

I understand there was probably some planning around having the TV show which was canceled and they probably were waiting to drop this around the release of the show and now that the show is canceled, they're like... fuck it... we'll just release it in time for the holidays.

The question is going to remain as to whether there is an upgrade path on PS5 and even on PC and the expectation is it is going to have to be there. At best this gets more people to buy Forbidden West.

Instead of this, Guerrilla should have remade Killzone.

GHG

Edit: But to contribute something productive to this discussion, given that the first chapter of the game is played as a child, I'd like to see prettier faces on them.
eXWQcJ.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F716d2bb4-f99b-4f4c-b222-ef8b5f56d139.jpg

They keep trying to make this game happen as a huge tentpole franchise.
Its just boring, it has the best concept ever and could be incredible but it has this really softly softly approach to things making it come across woolly and non committal.

They need to introduce some horror elements.
It has the problem of having the most milquetoast cast of characters possible, Figures as it is made by the dutch. A wooden block has more charisma than Aloy and friends

Stu_Hart

What's the point? The PC version released a couple of years back is already the "remastered" version that ran way better than what the ps4. These devs are so bored out of their minds and lacking creativity. Make a new killzone or something...

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
What's the point? The PC version released a couple of years back is already the "remastered" version that ran way better than what the ps4. These devs are so bored out of their minds and lacking creativity. Make a new killzone or something...
Remaster is handled by XDEV, not by Guerilla

Astray

I'm.. fine with the Horizon series, it's not completely for me, but it's clearly a big series with normie audiences.

My gut feeling feels a bit too soon to remaster this one tbh.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I really believe this remakes and remasters are a good way to build new teams internally. If they wasted the main studio's talent for this, it's a stupid idea.

I do believe that these types of games can be used to help expand studios and train new staff. Get everyone up to speed on tools like Decima, assuming this is in Decima.

So I think we can be at times pretty reactionary to these kinds of things. A lot of Sony studios rapidly expanded the last few years, which also came along with some layoffs.

I do think the strategy for these studios was to do low-cost remakes/remasters in order to train up staff in low stakes projects, which is a pretty sound idea.

I do think Sony needs to pivot their teams around making a diverse array of games.

They could have had a team that remade Killzone while the main team used the engine to focus on multiplayer or something. A Killzone campaign remake for 40-50 dollars with a F2P multiplayer mode would have revitalized the franchise.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
We need remasters of better games like Infamous franchise, not this. Or maybe Bloodborne? We've been asking for it years now

What the fuck is happening with Sony man

Sucker Punch does not have the size to do Ghost 2 and an Infamous remaster at the same time...

Bloodborne was made by FromSoftware who is busy making their own games.

I know you're working off of emotion rather than logic, but neither of those things makes sense.

Everyone wants a Bloodborne remaster, but hardcore fans apparently didn't like what Bluepoint did with Demon's Souls and that's gotta be low on the list of things FromSoftware is focused on.

I got the complete edition free from Sony when they were giving out games during covid( and I had purchased the vanilla version in 2018 off PSN for like $10. Remember the days when Sony first party went on heavy discounts after 1-2 years? Good times....). Still haven't played it. $10 upgrade path is the only way I would spring for this.

In general though, this really doesn't seem needed? It's a gorgeous game and doesn't it run 60fps on PS5? People say remastering games doesn't detract from new experiences but come on man. Until Dawn remake/master is next month. This is a tiresome pattern at this point.

Last edited:

T-Cake

The tea leaves are saying they are trying to get their big hitters as native PS5 titles so they can drop PS4 BC (or relegate it in to the cloud) for PS6.

Edellus

If this has Forbidden West's QoL gameplay improvements (climbing and gliding, mainly) I'll definitely play this. I'm even tempted to just play it for the graphics alone. HFW is such a looker.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
The voice was great but his 2 public speeches were also well written, i was about to vote for him if he was a politic candidate here in sicily :lollipop_squinting:

My guess is that Brian Cox didn't read the speech verbatim. Guerrilla has terrible writers and it seems like they don't know how to write English language dialogue.

The dialogue in Guerrilla games feel like it has been put through google translate and most voice actors struggle with the dialogue as a result.

Wonder if Nixxess is working on this, it would actually make sense, they are porting 3-4 games per year on PC lately, and we know Sony isn't releasing games at that pace, so instead of starting to port older games, they could simply work on remasters or remakes so Sony has an excuse to sell them at a higher price.

And yea i know about Demons Souls, Bloodborne etc, but maybe Sony has bigger plans for those, or maybe they are simply stupid idk.

GymWolf

If this has Forbidden West's QoL gameplay improvements (climbing and gliding, mainly) I'll definitely play this. I'm even tempted to just play it for the graphics alone. HFW is such a looker.
I doubt they are gonna change the core gameplay that much, this is probably a low effort\budget remake like tlou1 was.

No way they are spending big money on this one unless they fucking lost their minds (and i fucking love horizon 1).

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Wonder if Nixxess is working on this, it would actually make sense, they are porting 3-4 games per year on PC lately, and we know Sony isn't releasing games at that pace, so instead of starting to port older games, they could simply work on remasters or remakes so Sony has an excuse to sell them at a higher price.

And yea i know about Demons Souls, Bloodborne etc, but maybe Sony has bigger plans for those, or maybe they are simply stupid idk.

I doubt Nixxes is involved.

They would have their hands full with TLOUP2 and Spider-Man 2.

They do 1-2 games per year, not 3-4.

TLOUP2 is almost certainly due out 1H-2025 and Spider-Man 2 will release and 2H-2025.

This is also probably why we don't have Demon's Souls on PC. Bluepoint isn't a massive studio and it's not like they can do a PC port AND whatever else they're working on. It's just bad timing.

If they're not doing TLOUP2 maybe they'll do Demon's Souls, but after what went down with Iron Galaxy, I think that relationship is kaput, but who knows Sony might have owned the fault there.

It's pathetic that the surfer believes that Horizon can be milked like Assassins Creed.

And they will likely remaster Ragnarok for the PS6 launch before even thinking of Bloodborne.

keefged4

tf are sony doing hahaha what next, Last of us Remastered Remastered Pro edition? When's the Astro Bot remaster coming out, its due one now its only been a couple of weeks. Anything but Bloodborne eh?

I doubt Nixxes is involved.

They would have their hands full with TLOUP2 and Spider-Man 2.

They do 1-2 games per year, not 3-4.

TLOUP2 is almost certainly due out 1H-2025 and Spider-Man 2 will release and 2H-2025.

This is also probably why we don't have Demon's Souls on PC. Bluepoint isn't a massive studio and it's not like they can do a PC port AND whatever else they're working on. It's just bad timing.

If they're not doing TLOUP2 maybe they'll do Demon's Souls, but after what went down with Iron Galaxy, I think that relationship is kaput, but who knows Sony might have owned the fault there.
Oh true you are right, i was sure God of War ports were made by Nixxes but it seems they weren't involved, same for Uncharted.

Still since their last game was finished in May, they could be doing this quickly, or maybe a last one before year ends, but yes your estimates make sense too.

Curiously i saw recently they worked on Concord creating one of the maps (guess just a small part of the studio but ye)

Top Bottom