• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB rating leaks Horizon: Zero Dawn Remastered for PS5 and PC

vivftp

Was likely meant to align with the Horizon Netflix series but of course that project ran into its own issues with its showrunner

Garibaldi

It has the problem of having the most milquetoast cast of characters possible, Figures as it is made by the dutch. A wooden block has more charisma than Aloy and friends
Yeah, I largely enjoy the games but Christ is Aloy boring as fuck.

I'd enjoy the first game brought up to the visual and cutscenes standards of the second game though as the dialogue cutscenes were horribly wooden in ZD. Still seems like a waste tho as it more than holds up today. Especially on PC.

Just give Aloy some charming sass please. Anything that is isn't condescending all business. All. The. Time.

Cakeboxer

Why are you complaining? Sony wouldn't make these if people wouldn't buy them. Supply and demand.
Same thing with scalpers. Everybody hates them, but they wouldn't exist if there weren't enough people buying their shit.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

I understand that I'm alone in this ... but the PS5 Slim the first Playstation I've owned since the PS2. I've never played a Horizon game before and the fact the first game is getting remastered for modern consoles is good news to me. If the game is as gorgeous as everyone says it it, I'll definitely grab it.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Oh true you are right, i was sure God of War ports were made by Nixxes but it seems they weren't involved, same for Uncharted.

Still since their last game was finished in May, they could be doing this quickly, or maybe a last one before year ends, but yes your estimates make sense too.

Curiously i saw recently they worked on Concord creating one of the maps (guess just a small part of the studio but ye)

God of War games are ported by JetPack Interactive. If the next game is successful, I expect Sony will purchase them. Still surprised that Sony didn't the first time out. JetPack works with Santa Monica.

Uncharted and TLOU were ported ported by Iron Galaxy. Iron Galaxy works with Naughty Dog, but the release of TLOUP1 was a disaster, so we'll see who ends up working on TLOUP2.

It takes a relatively long time to work these ports out. TLOUP2 came out on PS5 in January. After wrapping up Ghost of Tsushima, they probably moved on to TLOUP2. Spider-Man 2 will also take a long time.

I don't see them having any additional bandwidth unless they aren't doing TLOUP2. They aren't a massive team.

2026, I could see them having some additional bandwidth due to the relatively drier AAA release year for Sony. Games like Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin will probably be handled by the original developers.

This opens things up for Gran Turismo 7 and Demon's Souls in 2026, with Demon's Souls being more likely.

Dafegamer

Horizon Zero Dawn is still perfectly playable and graphically impressive, looks like another TLOU2 moment where you milk a game just for the sake of milking 🐄🥛

King Dazzar

I just replayed this recently and had a great time on PS5. Its fine as is. But I'm still up for a remaster if it brings haptics and adaptive triggers, together with other QoL improvements. It'll be interesting if its got Pro enhancements too.

So, sorry, but I welcome it.

I adore Zero Dawn. I think the plot is literally worthy of a movie. Even I don’t want this.

(Especially if they retcon parts of the game to line up with the dreadful Forbidden West or whatever other game they have coming)

I mean, they gave away Zero Dawn complete for free to PS5 owners. The game looks and runs great.

Last edited:

Edellus

I doubt they are gonna change the core gameplay that much, this is probably a low effort\budget remake like tlou1 was.

No way they are spending big money on this one unless they fucking lost their minds (and i fucking love horizon 1).

Yep, I reckon you're right. Besides, if they add the glider in HZD, they'd have a canon conflict with HFW.

Still, it would be cool if they lost their minds xD.

FingerBang

The only reason for this to exist is that it was so cheap to make that even if it were to sell 1M copies, it'd be worth it.

Otherwise, I really can't wrap my head around it. TLOU made sense because the game was not on PC.

Msamy

Possibley this is the first party new title which some leakers mentioned that I it will be shown in the next S.O.P and if that ends up true, it means sony first party studios currently didn't have anything that ready to be shown, really fu.. that cunt hirman hulst.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

At first I thought this makes sense, do the PC version and a PS5 version at the same time. But then I remembered it already released on PC. What the fuck is the point in this?

nial

I unironically believe some of the replies here wouldn't be different if the thread was about a new Horizon instead.
$30 price point, I guess? That's if they're willing to do a $10 upgrade.

Dazraell

I unironically believe some of the replies here wouldn't be different if the thread was about a new Horizon instead.
$30 price point, I guess? That's if they're willing to do a $10 upgrade.
If they will follow the same pattern they did with The Last of Us 2 remaster, this will most likely be $50 or $10 upgrade if you owned the original

MDSLKTR

Sony, do yourself a favour... drop this in a random blog post.

don't base a showcase or state of play around it.
Horizon projects have been yearly featured at Sony showcases since 2020. Hulst, like the goddamn narcissist he is, will force feed us this series until his forced retirement.

Traxtech

They needed to make it so you can climb any terrain, just like ac and botw. Be a nice addition to a remake if it is a legit one

Top Bottom