• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Nachos

Ricky woke up wearing an astronaut suit. Just give her her helmet and some wings, and she could be a moon valkyrie. Plus, if she had an American flag instead of a spear, she'd be GOAT.

I really, really could've framed my complaints that were previously here better, even if I sprinkled compliments in my post and genuinely meant them. I'm sorry for being a petulant jackass.

Zweizer

Banned
Hey, y'know, my Imperial Girl figure is adorning my bookshelf pretty nicely:

NnlztRA.jpg

But she didn't came with a v hand! There were only fists for holding the Drive Blade and open palms! Bummer...

However, the folks at Kotobukiya were nice enough to ship the kit with additinal copies of the hands. Having some free time, I figured, why not give it a shot?

I severed the duplicate right fist front part's index and middle finger (all the hands are composed of two parts: the front and the back), then did the reverse for the duplicate right open hand back part.

The plastic was tougher than I expected, but otherwise it went pretty well.

Final result:

Yaaaay~ ∠(◕ ڡ ◡)

Sölf

Remember how I said I am going to play EO 4 now? Yeah, well, I switched back to EO 3. And in a fit of madness, I decided to try a solo class challenge. In a game were I only got as far as B12 before. This will be fun.

So, since it seems Ninja is "pretty" easy because of his evasion I decided to not use him as a main class. On youtube there is someone who soloed the whole game as a Wildling, but, but I don't really like that class. So I choose a Princess instead. My Princess has to do everything by herself, all sea quests, all FOEs, all bosses, all events, all exploring. The only exception to this rule, I am allowed to have a farmer team, because otherwise it would just take way too long to spent points in all three farming things and run back and forth to gather. It just speeds the game up. Also, the farmer team is allowed to level on floors and part of floors that have already been explored by the princess (so later on they don't just die instantly).

I started out with HP Up, Guards Order and Reinforce. Bought the Rapier, a shield and the Rabbit Amulet. The first few levels were pretty rough, but that was my fault. Instead of trying to level up I should have just explored the floor and die to save the map, so I would finish the first quest faster. I actually got to the point were I had no mney and had to sell the starting equipment of my 5 farmers. After the first quest, when I got access to the gathering points and the ship, money wasn't a problem anymore. So far, I am on the second floor and my Princess is level 13 with these skills:

Royal Lineage 3/10
Reinforce 6/10
Attack order 1/10
Guard Order 2/10
Fire Arms 1/5
Freeze Arms 1/5
HP Up 1/10

I should have bought a Kopis as soon as it became available, because the damage boost is insane, instead I continued to use the Rapier. This just added to the rough start. I thought of leveling up Fire Arms for Narmer, but instead should have choose Freeze Arms first to get the Red Tails from the shrimps (because that results in better gear for me). Did this only just now when I hit 13. Also, instead of leveling up Guard order to 2 I should have choosen Royal Lineage or Reinforce. I can't really do the Sea Quests until I can either buy Amritas or regenerate enough TP to heal everyone until they deal enough damage to kill the boss. 2 or 3 more points in Royal Lineage should be enough, I think. So, that's my "run" after ~3-4 hours and many, many deaths. Wish me luck to actually beat something! xD

Sölf

So, I reached Floor 3 and managed to do all 3 Lighthouse seaquests, even a bit earlier then expected. Large Bills are doable, but I have to use 2-3 Medicas per battle. My Farmer team is level 5 (nearly 6) and could now finally go and get some Small Flowers.

Eri, my Princess, is now level 16, with Royal Lineage at 5/10 and Reinforce 7/10. Maybe 1-2 more points in those before I start upgrading Attack Order so I get access to Regal Radiance for Narmer.

I can't check the link but is that ALL the DLC that game is ever getting? if so then nice.

But you all know I'll be there day 1 no matter what. I do wonder how they are going to handle the DLC of Untold 2.

Edit: OH GOD I'LL BUY EVERY EO THEME!

Sölf

So, my solo princess run will now come to the real test: Narmer.

Currently I am level 26. I can kill Greedy Lizards easily (haven't tried the others yet) and even managed to defeat Hammerhead in one of the seaquests. I am actually thinking about reskilling once so can put some "dead" points into other skills (so I can actually get Protect Order). I will probably do 1-2 more levels and then try Narmer. If I don't see any way to beat him I will reskill and level up again with some other skills (no Freeze Arm, no HP Up, 2-3 points less in Royal Lineage).

Do you know if Narmer can be poisond? I am currently using a weapon with one free slot. Currently there is poison in there, but I could also choose +ATK/VIT, blind, volt or leg bind. It's only 1 point though, so it actually working isn't such a high chance. But if poison works that directly translates to damage, which I will definitly need.

Zweizer

Banned
Poison should work on Narmer, like the majority of bosses, but I have doubts as to whether a 1-slot poison forge would be worth trying.

Sölf

Poison should work on Narmer, like the majority of bosses, but I have doubts as to whether a 1-slot poison forge would be worth trying.

Yeah, that's what I doubt. But I also think 1-slot ATK/VIT wouldn't be that much different, so eh. I just try out poison for the beginning.

Zweizer

Banned
Sölf;156782836 said:
Yeah, that's what I doubt. But I also think 1-slot ATK/VIT wouldn't be that much different, so eh. I just try out poison for the beginning.

I think a Volt forge would be much better.

Sölf

So, I am now level 31. I actually didn't want to get that high before I even tried Narmer, but then I tried out the FOEs and saw I could kill them all (haven't tried Bog Lurker yet). The Raging Tyrants are rather easy, there damage is quite high, but for that they have to actually charge which results in a free healing turn. Furyhorns are annoying, because even at level 31 they can still be faster then me. So Prevent Order may not help to actually kill them. I only killed one but eh, yeah.

So, Narmer. I have no Volt Arm, so either I train another level or have to do it with Fire/Freeze Arm. Will try him now.

Edit: Well, I died to Whip Ripper. No idea what I could do here unless I put more points into my defense buff. Because of his Earthquake I need to have an Arms Spell active the whole time. And without Guard Order he deals to much damage. So basically, my rotation for this is:

Fire Arms -> Guard Order -> Attack -> Freeze Arms -> Attack -> Guard Order -> Fire Arms -> Attack -> Attack -> Repeat (with Freeze/Fire Arms changed). That worked for P1 (blind is annoying but nothing more and Volt Arm would of course be better (even though it's only like ~7 more damage per attack).

I could reskill or even retire (which would net me a little bonus to all stats and one more skill point, but I would have to train again to at least 26, probably higher) to change some skills. I don't need Prevent Order for Narmer, but for the FOEs (at least level 2), however the other points I could probably put into Guard Order to increase my defense. Other then that, no idea what I could really change.

ohlawd

the EMD theme is 99 cents. that's nice

hey uhh don't get any funny ideas and price it higher than that in Canada. I'm already paying 50 bucks over the game even with a 10% discount promo

Sölf

I defeated Narmer! \o/

I completely forgot about Second Wind as my limit attack. Since at 31 I am faster every turn I could savely use second wind and heal with a Medica if my health was too low to get back to full. Also, Earthquake damage was ignorable, it only dealt around 50 (with Guard Order and Defend) to 80 (without Defend) damage. And since I heal 42 for each enhancement, I basically only used Guard Order and attacked, healing me up with Attack Order and Prevent Order sometimes or using a Medica when my Health got too low. I only came close to dieing once because he used Whip Ripper two times in a row, but aside from that, I won without much problem (had to use 14 Medicas during the battle... xD).

So, off I go to the second Stratum! Level 32 now, I will most likely level up Guard Order so I can get access to Rally Order, which in turn will give me access to Protect Order. I will also level up my farmer team a bit more, they are only level 8 at the moment.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So many possibilities for EO3's MC~

its too bad the series never really had a class change system would be funny turning the farmer into something else with story progression.

i wonder what the sales numbers of EOU2 are we have no clue since its no longer on the top 10-20

Sölf

My farmer are now level 11. Good enough to survive for a bit, so I can go back to exploring the second stratum. Will probably die horribly. :A

Edit: Okay, made my first steps into the new floor. As expected, everything will murder me. Even the first groups of 2 are problematic, if I can't kill one of them fast enough (then I have to use Medicas and well, the inventory has it's limits). The puffer fish are extremely annoying. Weakest enemys statwise, but they can cause various ailments - the most deadly one being confusion. Red Starfish don't seem to have a weakness and the Corals hit for too much to heal it effectivly. High Onnpes are basically mini bosses at the moment. Even with Guard Order they deal over 40 damage (I heal 42 per enhancement). Got some shortcuts so far on 5F, I hope for a new weapon and some new armor soon.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Sölf;156943195 said:
I would be really suprised if the EO 3 Untold MC would not be a pirate.

You never know considering both U 1 & 2 used classes that were not originally in those games.

Zweizer

Banned
Cause it makes story sense.

In my head canon anyway.

Oh, I agree that it'd be interesting, but I'd have thought the Deep Ones' existence was supposed to be kept secret until you reach the middle of the game.

Then again they did spoil unceremoniously the first Etrian Odyssey's big twist with Millennium GIrl.

Top Bottom