• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN sale: Anime savings and new Deals of the Week

Erasus

Already got a huge backlog of games on PS3, but damn.

7GFaC5A.png

First SMT games and never played Vagrant Story. Wont play for a while but nice to have installed.

If I have a uk psn account and I get a uk psn card will I be able to purchase a game and download it but then sign in to my us account and play the game?

Audioboxer

Never played Legend Of Heroes: Trails In The Sky, guess its time to see what all the fuss is about!

Currently playing through Danganronpa, it's great! Forgot to buy 2 in the sale :(

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
If I have a uk psn account and I get a uk psn card will I be able to purchase a game and download it but then sign in to my us account and play the game?
Caution: If you're American then do not buy any PS1/PS2 Classic except Digital Devil Saga 2 because the rest are 50Hz games.
But yes, you should be able to.

*sigh* thanks sony now my backlog is gonna get even bigger again! why don't you just mug me it would be easier

I love this really

Dambrosi

Banned
I thought Ken's Rage 2 was the bad one, and that the original was supposed to be way better. That's what GAF told me, anyway.

Anyway, I take the thread's silence to mean that Vagrant Story is 50hz only?

I thought Ken's Rage 2 was the bad one, and that the original was supposed to be way better. That's what GAF told me, anyway.

Anyway, I take the thread's silence to mean that Vagrant Story is 50hz only?

The first one is great, but there's nothing wrong with the sequel.

I'd definitely recommend it for its sale price.

randomkid

You can try purchasing pre-paid PSN credit from Amazon.co.uk using a fake address.
I don't use the UK store but I've bought US PSN credit using Amazon.com with a fake address.

Yeah I don't think it works the other way around cuz when I tried it they verified that my credit card was from the US and wouldn't let me buy it.

I just ordered a card from Game UK and got a confirmation email sent but not the emailed code itself (been waiting close to an hour) so I hope there aren't any shenanigans and they're just a little slow.

Jay-T

Just bought P3P !! finally :p

So i still have some money left in my PSN account, DanganRonpa or Trails in the Sky ?

Tizoc

Just bought P3P !! finally :p

So i still have some money left in my PSN account, DanganRonpa or Trails in the Sky ?

Both. If you're mainly gaming 'on the go' and don't play on PC or consoles, yeah get both.
Don't cry or worry about your budget, you can survive the next week without food, it's what we Steam people have been doing lately.

smt?!?!?!
for real???
dem dds are gonna be mine straight away!
i LOVED them at the right time, now i will give them these few pennies more, hoping that they DELIVER another solid smt game on console (not handheld) asap :)

Tizoc

smt?!?!?!
for real???
dem dds are gonna be mine straight away!
i LOVED them at the right time, now i will give them these few pennies more, hoping that they DELIVER another solid smt game on console (not handheld) asap :)

Keep in mind that DDS1 is 50 Hz, so get that at least from US PSN where it goes on sale like every 2 weeks.

Hmm how much do I want to play DDS again? Very tempting. May have to grab FFix for my Vita collection too.

Be forwarned that FF9 performs the worst of the classic FF games on 50 Hz. Play at your own risk.

Get DDS since it's a good SMT game.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Keep in mind that DDS1 is 50 Hz, so get that at least from US PSN where it goes on sale like every 2 weeks.

Be forwarned that FF9 performs the worst of the classic FF games on 50 Hz. Play at your own risk.

Get DDS since it's a good SMT game.

Played it at 50hz on Psx and it was fine. Besides I cannot be arsed with account switching on Vita just to play 1 game.

Granted DDS I had to import on ps2 back in the day because Atlus, but I'm just not that fussed about the whole 50/60 thing

RalchAC

Played it at 50hz on Psx and it was fine. Besides I cannot be arsed with account switching on Vita just to play 1 game.

Granted DDS I had to import on ps2 back in the day because Atlus, but I'm just not that fussed about the whole 50/60 thing

Ive bought DDS. Played a little and the 50hz thing isn't all that annoying. May make a quite LTTP
Vita portbegging
thread next week, when I've played a bit more.

I thought the problem with FF9 is that the game already has a slow battle system. So slow game + PAL slowdown makes it really slow.

Same here. I was perfectly happy with FFIX on the original Playstation when it came out so I'll be happy enough to play it on the VIta if it's the same version.

I don't like the idea of having my games split between two accounts anyway.

Jimrpg

I got danganronpa even tho I don't really like Phoenix Wright. Hoping GAF is on the money with this one.

Got FFT as well! Still got fire emblem on 3DS to finish and got VC on steam last week. These sales are killing me!

Tizoc

Only got Maken Shao from this sale, yes I know I trash on 50 Hz, but you don't see this sucker on JP PSN do you?
Besides I need dat Kaneko goodness
Maken_Shao_-_Demon_Sword_Coverart.jpg

kloHolG.jpg

Awww yiss! \o/
Huuuuuuuuuuge savings!

Until your 64 GB gets full and you don't know which game to save from deletion :V
Which is pretty much me every US PSN sale

This! Was waiting forever for this to go in sale.

Also, is there noticable slowdown in the 50Hz version of Vagrant Story or is it optimized?

Based on one GAFfer's impressions from on old thread I read about the game, it is not optimized very well, which was the case with majority of Square games when it came to their PAL release.

randomkid

So doing a bit of nosing around, these all appear to be Euro exclusive, which makes them more interesting and valuable to me haha.

Battle Construction Vehicles
Was £3.99/€4.99/$7.55, now £1.69/€1.99/$2.95
10% additional PS Plus discount

Maken Shao: Demon Sword

Robot Warlords

Steel Dragon EX
Was £3..99/€4.99/$7.55, now £1.69/€1.99/$2.95

The Seed: Warzone

I've already got Maken, but since I've got a few more Eurobucks to spend anyone wanna make a case (or link me to a case) for any of these to have some good obscure fun? Or should I just hold off for Bishi Bashi Special or Intelligence Qube to go on sale?

Tizoc

Maken Shao appears to be optimized at 50 Hz, but gameplay and graphics are so early PS2 era haha.

I also like how Lee is doing the Gendo hand pose during one cutscene. Music is great and the early attempt at adapting Kaneko's art into 3D models is quite good, although Nocturne is better of course.

Would like to know if Steel Dragon EX is optimized at 50 Hz too since its Shienryu Explosion.

Nhutty

Picked up a bunch of games that you all have recommended even though I won't have time to play them for ages.

My Vita is my exclusive RPG console. I don't like playing RPGs on anything else

batrush

I see persona 4 golden is only £9 for vita, any good?

I used to play the ps1 FF games, is it like them?

It's easily the best Vita game. Nothing comes close, imo. It's a JRPG with turn-based combat, so, in that sense, it's somewhat like FF. Not once was I reminded of FF when playing, though.

Steroyd

Yeeee-no it's its own thing.

Yes it's turn based, but if your main character dies it's game over, me saying half the game is a dungeon crawler with a time limit and the other half is a date sim-ish-ulator doesn't do it justice how well the 2 parts mesh.

Fuck me trying to explain, best RPG out there, don't think BUY IT NOW.

RalchAC

It's one of the best JRPGs ever, so yes, you should get it.

Dungeon design isn't the best, and the game has a weird structure.

It's a mix of a visual novel (during the day you can spend time with your party members and other characters so you get to know them better) and a dungeon crawler (you can choose to go to the dungeons whenever you feel like it).

The game usually gives you one month to finish a dungeon, so you can pace the game however you want. The battle system is really good (like most SMT games it's based on exploiting your enemy's weaknesses) but can get kind of easy as you approach the end since you've got a lot of new skills that weren't in the original Persona 4 and make your life easier.

On top of that, you can collect different Personas (let's call them demons / monsters). They can be dropped by enemies or fused using the ones you already have. It's quite nice.

The story is interesting, you're looking for a serial murderer instead of the usual stuff. But IMO where the game really shines is in its characters. Really good bunch of people.

krrrt

looks like maken shao is not available from Belgium :(

Also, which One Piece game should I get? Are those with the DLC worth it?

data

Is Final Fantasy WOTL worth it for €5? I only have €6,47 currently. Any better games than WOTL that I'll be able to afford?

Tizoc

Thanks, I'll just buy it then.

There is one problem...the game sadly suffers from slowdown when you cast spells. This isn't a huge deal or game breaker but it does get annoying from time to time.
It can be fixed via a fan patch if you have custom firmware in your Vita or PSP though.

data

There is one problem...the game sadly suffers from slowdown when you cast spells. This isn't a huge deal or game breaker but it does get annoying from time to time.
It can be fixed via a fan patch if you have custom firmware in your Vita or PSP though.

Yeah I've heard of this problem before, but I don't think I'll really care that much if it's only when using spells.

Top Bottom