• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a tram-station in Berlin and the sign reads: "No Service. Reason: Celebrations due to victory of Germany against Portugal"

I watched with some friends at the university and Germany will get some trouble if they continue to play like that. Classic "Rumpelfußball"...

Thank you :)

No offence, but why do posters post something on an English speaking forum, in a foreign language and not be helpful and post a translation?
Yes, This!

It's a tram-station in Berlin and the sign reads: "No Service. Reason: Celebrations due to victory of Germany against Portugal"

I watched with some friends at the university and Germany will get some trouble if they continue to play like that. Classic "Rumpelfußball"...

Thank you!

LnU37l.jpg
Ahaha! took me a second to figure out what I was lookin at, one of the many reasons why I love this sport!

untitled-95ikie.gif

I know this is from two days ago, but this will make a perfect.."Thank you, my job here is done." gif

Ezalc

Jesus, portuguese is such an awful sounding language

Brazilian here, I agree with you (sort of) though Portugal Portuguese sounds way worse than Brazilian Portuguese.

Also Brazil exceeded my expectations today, I thought the game would be pretty one sided in Argentina's favor but Brazil put up a good fight. The defense still kind of sucks, especially since Lucio isn't there anymore, but I enjoyed the game way more than the Netherland game, that was a pretty bad upset.

Munin

Neither Portugal nor Germany will get very far with that kind of playing. Though Germany has always been shaky in the group stage and after that they usually kick it up a notch.

Joe

Fuuuuu, Italy/Spain is going to be one hell of a game. I'm super amped for it, I just hope its close at least. If Spain puts up 3 or 4 on Italy it will deflate me.

Fritz

No offence, but why do posters post something on an English speaking forum, in a foreign language and not be helpful and post a translation?

Sorry for that. I was off my face when I posted that yesterday. No excuse but you can probably relate. And thanks Karud for stepping in!

The game was tense because it looked so ridiculously cumbersome. I was afraid they wouldn't be in their best form but they will catch on after the group stage.

hEist

too bad for oranje yesterday, but i knew that denmark have a good team in moment.
and germany: whew, atleast like my bet, but still a few "we fear the ball" moments.

Man of the Match: Hummels.

3rd place(with 4 others) in eurogaf kicktipp. yeaaah.

too bad for oranje yesterday, but i knew that denmark have a good team in moment.
and germany: whew, atleast like my bet, but still a few "we fear the ball" moments.

Man of the Match: Hummels.

3rd place(with 4 others) in eurogaf kicktipp. yeaaah.

that's got nothing to do with them losing though...

They had the clear chances to win this thing at LEAST 4-1 but they didn't

The Dutch match reminded me of some Football Manager matches where you fumble chance after chance only to lose 1-0. Unfortunately there is no reset option in real life. :lol

I'm not predicting any more awesome games based on last-night's action failing to live-up to the hype.
As for the GER-POR game: it's Portugal's fault! :p
They were supposed to go out guns blazing and maybe score 1-2 goals while exposing themselves in the back. Instead, they were all tactical and defensive & barely ever outnumbered the German defense when attacking. Only when they conceded the goal they began to attack full force.
An early goal would have done wonders for the entertainment value of the game (like the one that was disallowed because the ref wouldn't let Germany keep the advantage).

/edit for more clarity

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Were just unlucky..9/10 games that handball is a penalty too .. it sucks but I'm sure we can get results from Portugal and Germany to progress

Bad finishing is not bad luck. Van Persie was shocking in front of goal yesterday. The penalty should have been given but the goal Holland gave away was criminal. They didn't deserve to win.

I think Holland can get out of the group but they have to defend better. They did not work hard enough.

FeD.nL

I thought Portugal looked pretty dangerous going forward from time to time.

Onto Holland, don't know where to start. I really don't understand why van der Wiel even bothers to join the attack when van Persie is our striker. When van der Wiel finally gets to the back line there is no one to cross the ball to in the sixteen. Just give up already with putting Robben right. Let the backs focus on defending and lose one of the CDM's.

Van Persie, love him as a player for Arsenal but for Oranje he just fails to perform. Sneijder played well but he did some amazing stuff when he fell back a line. The pass on Huntelaar was from Nigel de Jong's position. I'd really like to see Narsingh get a chance with Huntelaar as striker and van Persie close behind him. Something like this:

-------------------------- Stekelenburg -------------------------
v/d Wiel ---- Heitinga ----------- Matthijsen ---------- Willems
------------------- van Bommel -- Sneijder --------------------
Narsingh --------------- van Persie -------------------- Robben
-------------------------- Huntelaar ------------------------------

Because I don't see van Marwijk dropping 4231.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
Bad finishing is not bad luck. Van Persie was shocking in front of goal yesterday. The penalty should have been given but the goal Holland gave away was criminal. They didn't deserve to win.

Every fucking time the Danes had possession of the ball on our half, our defenders just let them come to our goal. No pressure on the ball. Me and my mates were begging for someone to walk TO the ball instead of walking back. Absolutely no confidence. We need the likes of Stam and De Boer back :/.

Sadly it isn't.

Also time to represent my colors in here. ;)

Kind of disappointing that I don#t see a lot of custom avatars for the Euro. That was different during the World Cup...

if someone would turn mine into a customized German avatar i would be forever grateful :p

Ogni-XR21

Sadly it isn't.

Also time to represent my colors in here. ;)

Kind of disappointing that I don#t see a lot of custom avatars for the Euro. That was different during the World Cup...

9N82e.gif

This is all you get from me...

Yesterday's game wasn't that good, imo. I hope they get their act together but I don't see how they stand a chance if they keep playing like this. But now that some of the pressure has gone I hope they start playing better.

A penalty is only a penalty by law when it is deliberate. Just because some referees do not understand this and give a foul whenever a ball hits an arm, as it did yesterday from close range, doesn't mean it should be given in every scenario regardless of intent.

A penalty is only a penalty by law when it is deliberate. Just because some referees do not understand this and give a foul whenever a ball hits an arm, as it did yesterday from close range, doesn't mean it should be given in every scenario regardless of intent.

Even most Danish players (and commentators) has said it was a penalty against Lars Jacobsen. He's deliberately making himself bigger there and ruins Huntelars chance because his arms are protecting the area around the ball. Look at his arm movement up there just when he is about to hit it... Yeah.

untitled-7zyawz.gif

Even Lars Jacobsen just kind of laughed when asked if it was a penalty and said "Well... I am glad he didn't call it". Deliberate doesn't only mean during like Suarez at the world cup.

MMaRsu

Yup he very clearly takes the ball with him, a very very clear penalty. Refs fucking suck ass. Should have been 1-1 at least.

Wilbur

Banned
Dutch only have themselves to blame. RvP should have scored a hat trick, Robben should have had two. I'm glad Denmark beat them, might make them try harder. Would love to see Denmark top the group and Netherlands come second

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I really hope Spain wins fuck all, honestly. All this talk about Spain 'rescuing' the Eurocup in the spanish press is ridiculous.

they need to be brought back down to earth.

MMaRsu

Dutch only have themselves to blame. RvP should have scored a hat trick, Robben should have had two. I'm glad Denmark beat them, might make them try harder. Would love to see Denmark top the group and Netherlands come second

I'm not saying we deserved a win because we didn't but still that was clearly a handsball.

2San

Ah, forgot about the euro match format. So you only play each country once? Damn I didn't really care losing against Denmark once, since we'd probably make it right anway in the rematch. Only playing against a team once, is pretty harsh. :x Having to win against Germany is going to be though. I think we'll manage Portugal fine.

Jubern

Exactly. While it's now obvious the ref should have given a penalty, it won't make us forget how Holland dominated outrageously this match yet failed to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom