• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Joker

Old?

C_3_Media_1497435_immagine_obig.jpg

C_3_Media_1497446_immagine_obig.jpg
that old man's face is brilliant

sneaky77

As that GIF shows...pressing Barcelona or a Spain too much creates gaps...

This is the reason why you see very little pressing...it's not that they are forgetting or that teams are incompetent. It's purely a tactical necessity.

As most teams that have beaten Spain in friendlies etc have found out the best way to beat them is to be super-efficient when you yourself have the ball and counter-super quick...and when you don't have the ball...stay super compact and let them pass it around till they take long-shots and try ambitious passes.

I understand the reasoning.. and I am not saying its wrong, I mean tactics are tactics and people do what they can to win its fine.

But I still wouldn't call Spain anti football.. they always try to win, they go forward.

Wilbur

Banned
i'm not bitter at everything...i just don't like spain, italy und a little bit england and holland... that's all...

and here is a ranking:

1.italy -> simply the ugliest football in the world (just talking about the top-teams)...tactically speaking and judging by the character of the players

Have you watched any Serie A this year? Juve, Milan at times, Roma, Napoli, Udinese, Lazio and Catania have all been fun off the top of my head.

i'm not bitter at everything

[...]

2. spain -> i don't like barcelona -> i can't like spain...and they defeated germany two times

How you think Italy plays ugly football in this day and age is beyond me. Did you not watch the Germany v. Italy of 2006? There was nothing ugly about that. And we play an even more attacking style since. Oh well.

Edit: Covering your lips is something I see a lot of Italian players do, Cassano in particular. He did it tons at Samp. Nothing to build a conspiracy theory over.

Rumours are that Spain may not even play with a recognised striker today. Ballague tweeted this

Casillas - Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba - X.Alonso Busquets - Silva Xavi Iniesta - Cesc​

Wilbur

Banned
Casillas - Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba - X.Alonso Busquets - Silva Xavi Iniesta - Cesc

Shittest team in the world confirmed. Alonso and Busquets is pointless. 6 midfielders... Jesus.

Edit: Beaten like van Persie's pillow

Smeghead

How you think Italy plays ugly football in this day and age is beyond me. Did you not watch the Germany v. Italy of 2006? There was nothing ugly about that. And we play an even more attacking style since. Oh well.

Edit: Covering your lips is something I see a lot of Italian players do, Cassano in particular. He did it tons at Samp. Nothing to build a conspiracy theory over.

Lippi put 4 forwards on in extra time, that is the opposite of negativity and ugly football, the guy clearly doesn't have a clue.

fanboi

Banned
Who in hell calls Barcas playstyle anti-football? dear god...

Sure, I hate watching them because I know EXACTLY how the game will pan out (Xavi alone will make more passes then the entire team that they are playing)...

They are just on another level.

EDIT: Well hopefully it has come to an end now...

sneaky77

My feelings it's gonna be a draw.. and it has the possibility of being quite an ugly match. I am very nervous for the match, I kinda wished Italy was the third game.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I think it's clear the 3-5-2 frm Italy it's likely to turn into a 5-3-2 when defending.

It goes without saying.

It will be 5/6 compact and 2/3 pressing around the box...with Balotelli/Cassano inbetween the spanish defenders for the quick counter.

Going forward though Giaccherini, Marchisio and Maggio will be expeted to support Balotelli and Cassano and get involved in the box.

Clegg

Spain playing without a recognised striker?

That only works for Barcelona because they have Messi. I predict endless passing around the 18 yard box but no shooting because they are too afraid to give away possession.

Kinda like Barca against Chelsea in the CL semi-final.

Who are they or who is she? and also how come am poor? What exactly did i do wrong in this life time?

first i don't know. second is lena gercke girlfriend of german soccer player sami khedira. she won the first edition of germany's next topmodel by heidi klum. i've been in love with her since she and i were seventeen so get in line.

what you did wrong is not making millions playing sports.

Korez

first i don't know. second is lena gercke girlfriend of german soccer player sami khedira. she won the first edition of germany's next topmodel by heidi klum. i've been in love with her since she and i were seventeen so get in line.

First is Hummels girlfriend

Having my first beer now. Calm the nerves. Saving a few for after the game incase (likely) I have to drown my sorrows. I was pessimistic as shit down to the very second after Grosso's goal in '06 so this is nothing new for me. I have no faith and keep expectations low as not to be hurt. Lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I predict endless passing around the 18 yard box but no shooting because they are too afraid to give away possession.

Kinda like Barca against Chelsea in the CL semi-final.
Endless passes around Bonucci waiting for the inevitable brainfart sounds like a brilliant idea actually.

Always liked Italy for some reason lol

But I like the way Spain play and also some of their players!

Who do I pick?!

Spain.

norinrad

This is where everything went wrong for me

Zabojnik

?

Bonucci is superman as long as you don't have him deal with actual defending but just playmaking. He can lend a hand but he's absolutely unable to hold the line of defense on his own.

Which is why tonight, without Barzagli, Italy is probably gonna get rap**. I have no confidence whatsoever in De Rossi as a defender, much less a CB, not the late De Rossi at least, who is a shell of his former self. I also fail to understand what Prandelli sees in the ever lethargic Thiago Motta. He's better than Montolivo I suppose, but not by much. I'd much rather see Nocerino starting.

None of it really matters however, seeing how Cassano + Balotelli is probably the most poorly matched attacking duo of the tournament. And that's without taking into account the fact that Cassano is *completely* out of shape. Should have brought a true prima punta like Matri.

I forsee a disastrous opening game for Italy, but would like nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom