• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

The pace was just to low, remember euro 2008? That's how we should an still can play

Completely different manager with a different mentality. You also had Van Bronckhorst in 2008, Van Nistelrooy still played a part, and Van Bommel barely got any minutes. Also, Kuyt was younger and more effective then.

why not play both then? Have RvP as a winger and let him do his running and passing so Huntelaar can score in the middle!

I'm not the manager! But they could play a 4-3-3 with the front three being Robben/Affelay, Huntelaar and RVP, a midfield three of Van Bommel, Sneijder and Strootman (or De Jong).

Booya

Neo Member
Rooting for Spain today. Not really that big of a fan but i dislike italy quite much. Its a german soccer thing, I'm sorry Italy.

Rooting for Irland today. Big fan of the country and i will never forget the slaughtermatch of kroatia and germany years and years ago. I heared on of those players is now the trainer?

Reckon he'd have a little moan? RvP strikes me as the type who would want to be the main man upfront; a reason why I don't think he'd go to Barca.

yeah that's probably part of it as well.... ah soo many reasons why the Dutch don't seem to go far this Euro.... :( this is why they can't have nice things!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, its old right?, thought I'd heard it before.

The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning.

"It feels good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto, aged 6.

Arjen

Completely different manager with a different mentality. You also had Van Bronckhorst in 2008, Van Nistelrooy still played a part, and Van Bommel barely got any minutes. Also, Kuyt was younger and more effective then.

Agree that Bronckhorst is a big miss, still, with wingers like Robben and Affelay, you need speed, fast pace rushes not that slow as build up from the midfield like they are doing now.

Fularu

Banned
The reason we made it to the final in 2010 was because most of our star players were in top form and we beat anyone on individual quality. Take that away and there's little left. Too bad players like Sneijder, Robben and v Persie aren't as much on their game as 2 years ago.

Nah it was because Brazil, for no reasons whatsoever, crumbled in the second half while decimating you during the first 60 minutes

It made no sense at all.

Arjen

Nah it was because Brazil, for no reasons whatsoever, crumbled in the second half while decimating you during the first 60 minutes

It made no sense at all.

Most biazre and awesome match turn ever, being in the pub that day was so freakin amazing.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Rooting for Spain today. Not really that big of a fan but i dislike italy quite much. Its a german soccer thing, I'm sorry Italy.

But...but...Italy and Germany have the most epic matches in football history (1970, 1982, 2006)...why would you not want to see possibly another edition...?

Oh...yeah I guess it's pretty one sided. ;)

Oxx

The first ever football shirt I owned was the Irish away from World Cup 94. It probably still fits. It was an XL.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Prediction after wednesday: Germany 3 points, Denmark 3 points, Holland 3 points, Portugal 3 points.

god I hope that happens.

Setup an amazing NL portugal match. Fight club

Booya

Neo Member
It's okay. Understandable. It still hurts, doesn't it? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQhfWwf7yp0

It still does, man :D Very nice goal, though, can't deny that. We got us a Neuer now, so part of me wants Germany to face Italy in this cup, but not the way we played yesterday.

Personaly i liked our defence, but Goalmez on the other side is a wildcard, he needs 5 obvious chances to get one Goal. The pub was yelling for Klose until he finally scored.

Arjen

Don't have a clear preference for today. Pretty tired of Spain/ Barca style of play, but don't care for Italy either.
Haven't seen Ireland or Croatie play much, so i have no idea about that one.
But i'm pretty sure we'll have some entertaining matches.

Clegg

Spain and Italy are the worst possible match up I can think of. Spain have adopted Barcas anti football approach which makes them the worst team in the world to watch. Italy will just sit back and defend for 90 minutes.

This will be a 0-0 draw. The only losers will be the fans eho have to watch this shit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
soccer is such a dirty word :(

spain/italy could be boring. spain with no strikers=lots of horizontal passes.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Spain and Italy are the worst possible match up I can think of. Spain have adopted Barcas anti football approach which makes them the worst team in the world to watch. Italy will just sit back and defend for 90 minutes.

This will be a 0-0 draw. The only losers will be the fans eho have to watch this shit.

You haven't watched football recently if you think this...

What next Italy to play Catenaccio...? :D Spain to play Clemente football?

The Irish are the only team in this group who sit back and try to nick goals...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

Spain winning is what I have money on. It'll be 1-0 I think.

croatia should dominate ireland I reckon.

bud

you're calling the best football that has ever been played anti-football? help me understand why. when you've got players like iniesta, xavi, busquets, silva, etc. in your team, i find it impossible not to enjoy whatever they put on display.

GorillaJu

Agreed. No graft, no pace, no bursting runs down the flank.

Boring, ugly, possession and passing, blah blah, tiki trasha vs. Calciopolli 11-0-0-0 formation... Ugh. Won't even watch the highlights (hint: there won't be any)

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely won't end 0-0. I'm predicting a 1-0 for Spain scored by Iniesta on the 78th min.

Clegg

You haven't watched football recently if you think this...

What next Italy to play Catenaccio...? :D Spain to play Clemente football?

The Irish are the only team in this group who sit back and try to nick goals...

Spain monopolise possession because their are scared shitless of being attacked by the opposition. Most of their matches at the world cup were boring 1-0 wins. They play anti-football. They have no intention of actually trying to engage in a competitive match with anyone. It's actually bad for the game that we have champions like them.

Ireland have very few technically skilled players so they have adopted a defensive gameplan that best suits the players. There are only a few players that can actually play an expansive game in the Ireland squad so its best that they adopt a defensive approach. At least they actually do out there and give things a go instead of Spain who try and bore their opponents to death.

GorillaJu

Spain monopolise possession because their are scared shitless of being attacked by the opposition. Most of their matches at the world cup were boring 1-0 wins. They play anti-football. They have no intention of actually trying to engage in a competitive match with anyone. It's actually bad for the game that we have champions like them.

Ireland have very few technically skilled players so they have adopted a defensive gameplan that best suits the players. There are only a few players that can actually play an expansive game in the Ireland squad so its best that they adopt a defensive approach. At least they actually do out there and give things a go instead of Spain who try and bore their opponents to death.

Damn this is the second time in two days you've said something and I was 100% certain you were just trolling, only to find out you're serious.

Really, now? It's fantastic that we have so many different styles. Spain is maybe a bit extreme with how they play their own style, but I like having them around for the technical quality and the pretty passing.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn this is the second time in two days you've said something and I was 100% certain you were just trolling, only to find out you're serious.

Really, now? It's fantastic that we have so many different styles. Spain is maybe a bit extreme with how they play their own style, but I like having them around for the technical quality and the pretty passing.

Resist the urge to bite, he's double dipping with the trolling

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You guys wanna post some pre-game Spanish and Italian girls?

Wilbur

Banned
You guys wanna post some pre-game Spanish and Italian girls?

51057909-1.jpg

you're calling the best football that has ever been played anti-football? help me understand why. when you've got players like iniesta, xavi, busquets, silva, etc. in your team, i find it impossible not to enjoy whatever they put on display.

Total football was a hell lot better to watch. Some of the worst matches I have watched in a long time was the spanish u21 team during the u21 euros, tiki taka where they would just pass it around in circles whenever they had gotten in front, without creating anything offensive, that shit was just as much anti football as what Chelsea did at this years CL. Not that I would call it anti football (at all), but i'm more than tired of it at this point and especially the circle jerking about it.

I fear so myself. It's a shame that outside of a few occasions (Germany-Italy 2006) the italian team plays turtle most of the time. The talent to play offensively and pleasing the fans is there, but damn does it only come to light every 8 or so years.

You guys are crazy, there's a big chance Prandelli might even go for a 3 man defense. You're going to see a Germany post-2006 type of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom