• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game, now fill it with orange tears:

220px-Orange_juice_1_edit1.jpg

Rad-

If it was Ronaldo in a low pressure game then he would have scored.

He's only had 1 good game against Barca in all his years at Madrid. He looks brilliant in the group stages of the CL but disappears in the knockout rounds.

He can't perform in high pressure situations.

He was good for most of United's big games though. Except against Barca where he was pretty bad.

feel

We're so fucking terrible.. Undeserved win but eh, Netherlands will put us out of our misery soon enough.

But still, despite being accurate, it's pretty shitty to get another negative thread title after getting a win.. not cool gaf :/

Clegg

His past three matches against Barca, he's done very well. He missed the penalty against Bayern, but he scored the only 2 goals in the 2nd leg and assisted Ozil in the 1st leg.

He's inconsistent in the important matches, but he can perform.

He scores goals but he doesn't play well.

He was notorious for this at United. He'd bully most opposition but when he came up against a top 4 side he was woefully inconsistent.

He can still score goals in big games but his overall performance is severely lacking.

hylje

There we go. Another header. Are there lot of header goals in this tournament or am I imagining things?

Saying it again. 3 header goals in this match.

Also can someone recall international tournament where Ronaldo has NOT been terribad?

I like Denmark's chances of advancing if Germany win tonight. That would mean that Germany would clinch the group with a draw and a draw could take Denmark through if Netherlands beats Portugal which I think is likely.

K1LLER7

His past three matches against Barca, he's done very well. He missed the penalty against Bayern, but he scored the only 2 goals in the 2nd leg and assisted Ozil in the 1st leg.

He's inconsistent in the important matches, but he can perform.
Agree with this. He played well in the CL final for united which they won and throught the following year. Then countless times against the top 4 in the PL, which are big games. He is pretty inconsistent (unlike Messi) but he can do it in big games.

Overdoziz

Banned
We're so fucking terrible.. Undeserved win but eh, Netherlands will put us out of our misery soon enough.

But still, despite being accurate, it's pretty shitty to get another negative thread title after getting a win.. not cool gaf :/
I think with Ronaldo on your team there is no winning.

panty

If it was Ronaldo in a low pressure game then he would have scored.

He's only had 1 good game against Barca in all his years at Madrid. He looks brilliant in the group stages of the CL but disappears in the knockout rounds.

He can't perform in high pressure situations.

What the hell? I can understand this coming from a football noob but from you who seems to be into football?

smh and a freaking big lol

Rad-

He scores goals but he doesn't play well.

He was notorious for this at United. He'd bully most opposition but when he came up against a top 4 side he was woefully inconsistent.

He can still score goals in big games but his overall performance is severely lacking.

Huh? He was always amazing against teams like Arsenal in the PL and carried United to 2009 CL final. And to a lesser extent, to 2008 CL win.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I love how people chant Messi when he plays, chanting that he is a son of a bitch doesn't rile him up but chanting Messi puts him in such a mental block lol it's amazing.

you'd think a footballer wouldn't give a shit about individual rivalry unless your name is Maradona or Pele.

I hate Rui Patricio, I hate Rui Patrico!!!!

Portugal better start Eduardo for the game on Sunday

Thank you Varela for saving Portugal from embarrassment.

Where was Real Mardrid Ronaldo at? Tons of missed opportunities

Fuck You Rui Patricio!!!!

Bento! Start Eduardo next!

bjaelke

RVP looking to take #1 tonight.

Top 3 players with the most shots at EURO 2012: Kerzhakov 11 (0 goal), Ronaldo 10 (0 goal) van Persie 8 (0 goal).

Noirulus

I hate Rui Patricio, I hate Rui Patrico!!!!

Portugal better start Eduardo for the game on Sunday

Thank you Varela for saving Portugal from embarrassment.

Where was Real Mardrid Ronaldo at? Tons of missed opportunities

Fuck You Rui Patricio!!!!

Bento! Start Eduardo next!

Eduardo isn't in form I believe. I'd keep Patricio in goal, he hasn't been too bad.

Clegg

What the hell? I can understand this coming from a football noob but from you who seems to be into football?

smh and a freaking big lol

Bottled it against Bayern.

Bottles it constantly against Barcelona. Only had 2 or 3 good games against them ever.

Bottles it for Portugal.

He's a phenomenal player but woefully inconsistent when playing against the big teams.

You can't argue with that.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I am a soccer noob. Is international play/performance considered more important/special than league/club play?

It is, because major tournaments are far in between (4 years for world cup, and 4 years for continental tournaments) so players gets less chances at winning those tournaments.

Club play is MUCH better to watch, though, the football on display is in a much higher level than international football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom