• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh that was close. For the half time:

10441530-large.jpg

Steeven

This game is painful to watch. Not because Germany is miles ahead of Holland, which they are, but because the Dutch coach decided to play in the same FAILING formation since the last ten matches. What a coward.

Pachimari

What if all of Holland, Portugal and Denmark have 3 points by the end? Then it's the one with the biggest goal difference who goes through?

honestly, and i say this as a fan, after this abysmal performance, i do not even WANT them to somehow slip through the group stage by winning against Portugal... not that that's even remotely possible with how they're playing, but fuck this, this simply is not how a WC Finalist is expected to play :(

RJT

I'm somewhat late but... PORTUGAL, FUCK YEAH!!!!

Nani has been brilliant so far. Hope Ronaldo gets a red card next match so we can finally play with 11 players.

This game is painful to watch. Not because Germany is miles ahead of Holland, which they are, but because the Dutch coach decided to play in the same FAILING formation since the last ten matches. What a coward.

But, but, continuity. The players wouldn't be able to cope with all that change! They are like little children that need to be told what to do!

Steeven

Clearly van Bommel can't grasp this level anymore. I would rather go down with 1-6 than with 0-4 with this kind of football. What is it even, it's like they're not even trying. Everything depends on some miracle move by Robben or van Persie or Sneijder; even that won't be enough.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
What if all of Holland, Portugal and Denmark have 3 points by the end? Then it's the one with the biggest goal difference who goes through?

according this the criteria in a group stage is

Points (obviously)
Goal difference
Goals scored
The side with the most points in the encounters
Goal difference in the group matches between the tied teams
number of goals scored in the games between the teams concerned
FIFA organizing committee gives up and draws lots

I don't if that's right but it doesn't look good for Holland either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom