• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCold

I'm somewhat late but... PORTUGAL, FUCK YEAH!!!!

Nani has been brilliant so far. Hope Ronaldo gets a red card next match so we can finally play with 11 players.

And who would replace him?....

It's not like the players we have on the bench are great either. The FPF seriously needs to invest in some type of youth academy on a national level. A cap on foreign players should be added to the Portuguese league as well.

n0n44m

Hey guess what, our defence fucking sucks, van Bommel doesn't do shit and van Persie won't fucking score

Exactly what everyone in the country saw coming except for van Marwijk who still believes we played fine against Denmark
FFS

whatever changes he makes now should have been made in the starting lineup goddammnit

untitled-5bamgp.gif

lol how awesome is this?

What a great guy...

according this the criteria in a group stage is

Points (obviously)
Goal difference
Goals scored
The side with the most points in the encounters
Goal difference in the group matches between the tied teams
number of goals scored in the games between the teams concerned
FIFA organizing committee gives up and draws lots

I don't if that's right but it doesn't look good for Holland either way.

That was for the world cup, euro tiebreakers are different. Basically, if Germany beats Denmark then Netherlands needs to beat Portugal by two or more goals to advance.

LevelNth

Banned

Points (obviously)
Goal difference
Goals scored

First tie breaker is not GD, it's head to head.

Ex. Holland and Portugal both end with 3, Holland gets the edge as they beat Portugal. Of course add in Denmark and H2H cannot be used, as its a 3 way split. So GD next.

Konosuke

Points (obviously)
Goal difference
Goals scored

I don't understand how this criteria works, someone care to give an example?

Pretty sure we're still in if when we lose.

I guess you, Portugal and Denmark can all finish with 3 points. So yeah, you're right.

First tiebreaker wouldn't apply as you'd all have gotten 3 points from each other.

Second tiebreaker is goal differential between teams tied in their games. Currently Portugal is +1 and Denmark is +/- 0(set in stone). You're -1. So if you beat Portugal 1-0...you're all at +/- 0.

So to avoid the third tiebreaker. You'd have to beat Portugal by 2 goals.

Third tiebreaker is goals scored in matches amongst those tied.

Portugal has 3.
Denmark has 3.
You have 0.

If you win 3-0 to draw tied in that department you already passed the obligations of Tiebreaker 2. Basically Germany has to defeat Denmark and you have to beat Portugal by 2 goals.

RJT

And who would replace him?....

It's not like the players we have on the bench are great either. The FPF seriously needs to invest in some type of youth academy on a national level. A cap on foreign players should be added to the Portuguese league as well.

I'd prefer Varela, honestly.

And I don't agree with anything else you said. Considering our history and population, our team is better than it should be (since the late 90s). Clearly, we must be doing something right...

i like how people are already speculating what Holland has to do to advance after all...

guys, it's NOT gonna happen! not in this tournament anyway, there is no fucking movement, no dynamic in the team, they keep having to play back to the keeper since no one is moving/running/busting their asses to create open spaces or even be available to receive a pass, they just STAND there :(

Beat Portugal by 2 or more goals? Good luck with that, as is they can be glad if they don't get their asses kicked by 2 or more goals by Portugal!!

Konosuke

the best thing about this gif is the perfect timing of the nametag underneath.
he does that cool move with his arm as his name appears and the MOMENT he hit the ball the nametag turns into a little light effect right where the ball was.
It's almost shopped.

You just made this gif even better!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I guess you, Portugal and Denmark can all finish with 3 points. So yeah, you're right.

First tiebreaker wouldn't apply as you'd all have gotten 3 points from each other.

Second tiebreaker is goal differential between teams tied in their games. Currently Portugal is +1 and Denmark is +/- 0(set in stone). You're -1. So if you beat Portugal 1-0...you're all at +/- 0.

So to avoid the third tiebreaker. You'd have to beat Portugal by 2 goals.

Third tiebreaker is goals scored in matches amongst those tied.

Portugal has 3.
Denmark has 3.
You have 0.

If you win 3-0 to draw tied in that department you already passed the obligations of Tiebreaker 2. Basically Germany has to defeat Denmark and you have to beat Portugal by 2 goals.

See my post above. It explains it all.

ok, that makes sense.

the best thing about this gif is the perfect timing of the nametag underneath.
he does that cool move with his arm as his name appears and the MOMENT he hit the ball the nametag turns into a little light effect right where the ball was.
It's almost shopped.

He's not Benitez

WLM2y.gif

MMaRsu

i like how people are already speculating what Holland has to do to advance after all...

guys, it's NOT gonna happen! not in this tournament anyway, there is no fucking movement, no dynamic in the team, they keep having to play back to the keeper since no one is moving/running/busting their asses to create open spaces or even be available to receive a pass, they just STAND there :(

Beat Portugal by 2 or more goals? Good luck with that, as is they can be glad if they don't get their asses kicked by 2 or more goals by Portugal!!

Yup agreed there is hardly any movement..

SamuraiX-

This defense looks so unlike Holland.

They're usually physically, and sometimes even sexually violating players by the time they get over the half field line.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Lol, the germans are just having fun now.

Feels bad man, but then again, i'm cheering for the germans in the case the dutch are knocked out.

If you look at the dutch team, there again are so briliant individuals on the pitch. But as a team they are so fragmented.

German Mannschaft on the other hand is such a coherent unity.

Jamie OD

BBC commentators just said the ref is really a millionaire. Sold his shares in a multimedia company and only does this job for the love of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom