• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a question about scheduling for this weekend:

So far all of the matches have been at the same time: 11:00AM and 1:45PM here.

espnfc.com has the matches for this weekend listed at the same time, both at 1:45PM. Is that an error?

Nyx

espnfc.com has the matches for this weekend listed at the same time, both at 1:45PM. Is that an error?

No error, deciding games are played at the same time.

Linius

Nope, the last group matches are on the same time to make sure no one is setting up the match up front.

No.

Last matches in the group stage are all on the same time. When three teams in a group still fight over the first and second places, there is a more fierce competition because neither know what the others have done.

warthog

i dont know what you are smoking... but

After last night, #GER have a 93.4% chance of progressing, #POR 57%, #DEN 38.3% & #NED just 11.3% http://bit.ly/LmSbwM

Those are statistics. There are facts: Holland wins against Portugal with at least 2 goals difference and they advance. I think there's a better chance of that happening than 11.3%. But hey, that's just my opinion and I'm not octopus Paul.

Those are statistics. There are facts: Holland wins against Portugal with at least 2 goals difference and they advance. I think there's a better chance of that happening than 11.3%. But hey, that's just my opinion and I'm not octopus Paul.

If Portugal just keeps giving the ball to Ronaldo I can see us winning with 4-0.

Chuckie

Disappointed fans:

fans.jpg

...although I think his disappoinment disappeared after some consolation.

F#A#Oo

Banned
All the people thinking Italy will beat Croatia are going to be quite surprised tonight! Croatia may not have so many players with a high level of skill comparable to Italy's best, but they're a very strong team, and historically have done great against Italy!

I don't think any Italian fans think the Croatia game will be easy...Croatia is one of Italy's bogey teams...

Infact I was more scared of playing Croatia than Spain (in terms of scary Ireland>Croatia>>>Spain)...we really struggle against small teams...the smaller the team the more scared I am...the bigger the team the more confident... :D

Hackbert

i liked croatia´s last game, but italy impressed me more and i tipped on a win for them. 2-1 italy. 1-0 for spain, cause of the defensive irish team today?!?! Have no idea what to expect from them hehe.

Yesterday was a good day for me, momentarily 10th in the gafleague

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't think any Italian fans think the Croatia game will be easy...Croatia is one of Italy's bogey teams...

Italy never managed to beat Croatia.

.we really struggle against small teams...the smaller the team the more scared I am...the bigger the team the more confident

Sounds familiar to me!
EQSGF.gif
EQSGF.gif
EQSGF.gif

itsgreen

Exactly, I fancy the 8.0 odds of The Netherlands progressing... may drop €20 on that one just for kicks.... (Portugal is like 1.5 and Denmark 4)

Kem0sabe

Apparently the press is reporting that the Swedish locker room has turned against Ibra after he blamed the team for the first game defeat.

If anyone has an ego to match Ronaldo´s it would be Ibra.

Kem0sabe

What's wrong with Ronaldo's ego? I can think of a dozen players with more ego than him.

Such as? Just curious who could be more dickish than the man who refuses to celebrate his teammate´s goals :)

Edit:

In other news... schweinsteiger is saying that Holland will easily beat Portugal.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the pool of death is turning out massively entertaining, mainly thanks to pro trolls Denmark.

What happens in the following situation

Germany vs Denmark 0-1
Netherlands vs Portugal 2-0

Who goes through?

Germany + denmark depending on the outcome of NL/Portugal?

what other (extremely unlikely) situations are there? Currently it looks like

Germany + ?

If Denmark loses, they end with 3, and if NL win with less than 2 goal difference then it's portugal + Germany?

How can Denmark advance without a win?

Linius

the pool of death is turning out massively entertaining, mainly thanks to pro trolls Denmark.

Germany vs Denmark 0-1

Who goes through?

NL + denmark?
Let me stop you right there. The Germans already have six points. So there is no way for The Netherlands to jump over that in one game.

itsgreen

Germany vs Denmark 0-1

Who goes through?

NL + denmark?

what other (extremely unlikely) situations are there? Currently it looks like

Germany + ?

If Denmark loses, they end with 3, and if NL win with less than 2 goal difference then it's portugal + Germany?

How can Denmark advance without a win?

NL wins with 1 goal... edit: and Denmark ties they are through... if they lose Portugal is through...

Both Germany and Denmark will go through if Denmark wins and The Netherlands wins...

Hmmm just realized that if Germany wins and Netherlands wins with 1 point, Portugal goes through

Zabojnik

All the people thinking Italy will beat Croatia are going to be quite surprised tonight! Croatia may not have so many players with a high level of skill comparable to Italy's best, but they're a very strong team, and historically have done great against Italy!

Indeed. The last time Italy beat Croatia this guy was still in power.

hitler-baby.jpg

Expecting a draw. C'mon ItalJuve!

Yup this will be very difficult for Italy today.

Also a must win because a tie would put Spain and Croatia at 4 points and Italy at 2 going into the last game. Croatia and Spain could play to a tie and even a win over Ireland may not get us in. It would go down to goal differential between three teams and that would be messy.

Linius

I was surprised by Italy last week against Spain. They played quite decent. I think they have a good chance of winning today, though it will be a tough game yeah.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
NL wins with 1 goal...

Both Germany and Denmark will go through if Denmark wins and The Netherlands wins...

ah OK, Portugal is currently 'the safest' and will get through with a tie.

Denmark is arguably the most fucked, cause they have to pull out a win over Germany.
Netherlands is pretty poked, because they really have to stick it to Portugal and with their current failing offense, 1 goal in the whole tournament, they need to double that in 1 game.

bjaelke

ah OK, Portugal is currently 'the safest' and will get through with a tie.

Denmark is arguably the most fucked, cause they have to pull out a win over Germany.
Netherlands is pretty poked, because they really have to stick it to Portugal and with their current failing offense, 1 goal in the whole tournament, they need to double that in 1 game.

Denmark can make it through on a draw if Netherlands beat Portugal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom