• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
As in, for the duration of the tournament we shouldn't go to the Official Thread in Community board and keep using this one, right? I've been away a couple of weeks.

Nope, FootyGAF using both. I think we're there for chat and mostly here for games.

No, they would not be 50/50 against the Dutch and our attack is lethal. Our defending can be suspect but our offense would cause Russia all sorts of problems.

I think their defence is better than your defence more than your attack is better than theirs... if that makes sense.

n0n44m

Russian passing and movement is incredible :eek:

haven't seen Oranje play like this for more than 5 minutes in the past year or so :(

Hmm, even though Kerzhakov was lolworthy with his finish tonight I would still start him against Poland. He fits into the team game better than Pav. And an angry Kerzhakov coming off his worst game of the year (ever?) will deliver.

Oh, and let Pog the Log warm the bench the whole tournament. I don't want him even sniffing the field.

Arjen

Goddamn I missed a great game apparently, managed to see some goals in the pub, try to catch the highlights later

Jubern

They are going to increase the number of the teams in the Euro so it will become less competitive.

Definitely, and that's a shame. I understand Platini's will to broaden smaller countries visibility, but it's going to hurt the overall level...

Carbonox

friday_gifdump_35_25.gif

Did you see the last WC? This EC has already had a greater number of entertaining matches.

What, are you kdding? hell no. 2010 WC had some of the most controversial and heartbreaking moments in the history of WC's. Granted the EU has not really kicked off but WC>>>>>>>>>>EU

Fry

Euro is football at its best, etc etc, but nothing matches WCs atmosphere. NOTHING. Its the best sporting event of the world.

Clegg

Ireland drew with Russia during the Euro qualifiers.

Using my deductive skills I've come to the conclusion that Ireland are at least as good as Russia and that we will demolish Croatia and Italy.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
The fact that we (Polska) came out with a draw already makes us the world champions of Europe. We fucking did it son!

Kabouter

Goddamn I missed a great game apparently, managed to see some goals in the pub, try to catch the highlights later

Was it a good date at least? :p

What, are you kdding? hell no. 2010 WC had some of the most controversial and heartbreaking moments in the history of WC's. Granted the EU has not really kicked off but WC>>>>>>>>>>EU

It had some entertaining moments, but not much in the way of good matches.

Clegg

I'm slightly worried that Italy may have bought the referees.

They probably wouldn't have to buy the referee to beat us.

We do have a semi decent record against them recently though.

Jubern

Doesn't mean the matches' level was good. I don't watch WC or EU for drama, but for football.

GTP_Daverytimes said:
What, are you kdding? hell no. WC had some of the most controversial and heartbreaking moments in the history of WC's. Granted the EU has not really kicked off but WC>>>>>>>>>>EU

Plus the last WC had vuvuzuelas.

Yeah, I like the vuvuzuelas. Come at me, bros.

Kerzhakov should never be played again. What a useless piece of shit. Russia would have hit double figures if someone else was there with the opportunities and not him.

But God dang, Russia were sublime. Can't wait to watch them against Poland. Semi's for Russia IMO.
It sounds weird but I would start him again. This is the worst I've ever seen him play. And with all the Zenit players he fits into the team better than Pav. He deserves at least one more chance.

Using my deductive skills I've come to the conclusion that Ireland are at least as good as Russia and that we will demolish Croatia and Italy.

I remember that game, the whole team had Kerzhakov-like finishing. Plus Given was godly.

Jay Sosa

Doesn't mean the matches' level was good. I don't watch WC or EU for drama, but for football.

Yeah, the last WC I thoroughly enjoyed was 1994. Maybe I'm just old and bitter.

Yep, that's exactly how football works.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Euro is football at its best, etc etc, but nothing matches WCs atmosphere. NOTHING. Its the best sporting event of the world.
The atmosphere is really intense no matter where you live too. Everyone really gets into it! And sometimes you get some good plays and football out of the matches, some controversy, and good moments. And good gifs (but you get good gifs out of anything).

I dunno. Sometimes WCs can be good and others can be pretty boring.

Clegg

Yep, that's exactly how football works.

I know right.

I think Ireland are probably better than Russia too. Italy are playing poorly and Croatia are a one man team.

Ireland are odds on to finish second. Spain are too good and will qualify first.

Things are looking good for us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom