• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

Anyway, I have decided, that despite all the teasing and the godawful Bild, I will support our neighbours the Germans.
The currywurst, reibekuchen, eierpunsch and atmosphere was godly last winter... so I owe them one ;)

772n6mro2he1.jpg
VS
4ymigeimcslg.jpg

Let's do this.
Deutschland über alles

Booya

Neo Member
Anyway, I have decided, that despite all the teasing and the godawful Bild, I will support our neighbours the Germans.
The currywurst, reibekuchen, eierpunsch and atmosphere was godly last winter... so I owe them one ;)

internethighfive.jpg
cheers, neighbour!

fuenf

Bild and Kicker are also reporting the Schürrle - Klose - Reus lineup. Crzy :) Guess Löw wants to maximize the results of our counter-attacks.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Why is Klose preferred over Gomez?

some people operate under the delusion that the old man still has some game left, while sane people know he's done. klose is decent enough as a late sub when germany is winning, but starting him will only fly when playing against a target dummy like greece. in a real match gomez is the only reasonable choice.

Fritz

some people operate under the delusion that the old man still has some game left, while sane people know he's done. klose is decent enough as a late sub when germany is winning, but starting him will only fly when playing against a target dummy like greece. in a real match gomez is the only reasonable choice.

One is clinical finisher and top-scorer more times than I can remember...and the other needs the double the chances to score and is less prolific.

How are both of you right: my head is spinning. This game needs to start NAO!

fuenf

Why is Klose preferred over Gomez?

Because he's the better football player (but worse striker). The casual fans are only remembering the 4-1 against England / 4-0 against Argentinia and are wondering why the team doesnt like this anymore. They think that Gomez is the problem because he's the only real difference in the starting 11. (that's why "everybody" / the media wants Klose to play)

Regarding todays match: Greece will play very defensively and Löw wants to create as many chances as possible. He thinks that Klose will help facilitate chances for the the attacking midfielers (e.g. Reus and Schürrle). So in short, Germany wants to play more like Spain. (that's why he plays)

Hoo-doo

Banned

Same here. I went camping in Germany with friends last year. It was amazing.

Make us proud, guys.

Gambit

Bild and Kicker are also reporting the Schürrle - Klose - Reus lineup. Crzy :) Guess Löw wants to maximize the results of our counter-attacks.

Which counter attacks? I doubt Greece will attack much.

Anyway, I shan't complain. These players need to get a feel for the tournament as well if they are supposed to make a difference against the likes of Italy and Spain. (off the bench)

spidye

Because he's the better football player (but worse striker). The casual fans are only remembering the 4-1 against England / 4-0 against Argentinia and are wondering why the team doesnt like this anymore. They think that Gomez is the problem because he's the only real difference in the starting 11. (that's why "everybody" / the media wants Klose to play)

Regarding todays match: Greece will play very defensively and Löw wants to create as many chances as possible. He thinks that Klose will help facilitate chances for the the attacking midfielers (e.g. Reus and Schürrle). So in short, Germany wants to play more like Spain. (that's why he plays)

huh? spain's football is not famous for it's counter attacking.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Btw I want Germany to go through...and then hopefully Italy beat England and we can have another epic and classic Italy vs Germany semi-final encounter which will probably be better than the final itself...

fuenf

Which counter attacks? I doubt Greece will attack much.

Anyway, I shan't complain. These players need to get a feel for the tournament as well if they are supposed to make a difference against the likes of Italy and Spain. (off the bench)

yeah that's why he wants to make the most on the few opportunities to counter-attack. but i didnt really think it through when i posted that statement. ;)

huh? spain's football is not famous for it's counter attacking.

neither are we. like i said the first statement i made was crap.;) with playing like spain i meant not many crosses, many combinations, no real striker etc.

I'm not that kind of guy, I don't find her adorable on the political level. I don't like her very much.

I apologize, that's understandable, I shouldn't have strong opinions about European leaders when I'm not too familiar with their political influence in the region. I guess I would laugh and cringe if someone said Stephen Harper was a cool guy.

bjaelke

> Germany and Greece have played each other eight times. Germany remained unbeaten, winning five and drawing three matches.

> Greece are one of 10 sides against whom Germany have never recorded a victory during a World Cup or Euro Final tournament. The only Germany-Greece match at a Euro Final tournament took place in 1980 and ended 0-0.

> Germany have won all three group matches (since group phase introduction in 1980) for the first time in a Euro Final tournament.

> Germany have scored at least once in each of their last 19 encounters (includes all matches). This equals Uruguay for the longest running streak. The last team to keep Germany from scoring was Sweden (0-0) in a friendly on November 17, 2010.

> Theofanis Gekas was Bundesliga top scorer with VfL Bochum in 2006/07 (20 goals), becoming only the third player to achieve the feat on a promoted team. The others were Thomas Christiansen (VfL Bochum, 2002/03) and Marek Mintal (1. FC Nürnberg, 2004/05). Despite playing in Germany for five years, Gekas never learned the language saying he “was being paid to score goals, not talk”.

> Greece have missed their last three penalty kicks, two in a warmup friendly against Armenia and one against Poland at Euro 2012.
Aber doch

Meier

Rumour from Bild that Miroslav Klose is set to start ahead of Mario Gomez tonight.

Fuck's sake, I added this guy to my fantasy team finally for nothing! >< And they finally play Schurrle after he languishes on my bench for 3 games? They're having a laugh at my expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom