• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By far the worst game of the tournament, Italy were good but obviously don't have what it takes to beat Germany, England were awful after the first 20 minutes. England really don't have what it takes to play international football, There's too many super-egos.

ihMzF8tr4XmMC.gif

scarybore

606: "They sent Michelangelo. We sent Bob the Builder."

Hahaha, great stuff. BBC TV sadly has been pretty much insufferable again with their coverage overall, wish they be more low key with their England promos, they are embarrassing bad.

Clegg

By far the worst game of the tournament, Italy were good but obviously don't have what it takes to beat Germany, England were awful after the first 20 minutes. England really don't have what it takes to play international football, There's too many super-egos.

Spain/France was much worse.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Don't worry guys, dutch TV did the same when we got knocked out.
A slow-mo highlight reel with some sad piano music in the back, it was so dramatic.

Hieberrr

Okay, I was watching with my family and we had a random argument about something.

When the ball crosses the goal line, but doesn't touch the net nor the ground, is it still counted as a goal?

Fuck yeah !!!!

Great win !

Now against Germany it's gonna be really tough, imho they are the best team of the tournament.
Italy gave everything for 120 minutes and now only 4 days to rest.

Hahaha, great stuff. BBC TV sadly has been pretty much insufferable again with their coverage overall, wish they be more low key with their England promos, they are embarrassing bad.

Don't you love all the videos of England players in dark rooms acting 'ard and looking moody dubbed over with awful rap songs?

jtb

Banned
iniesta and pirlo are the standouts for me, but pirlo has a bigger impact on italy than iniesta on spain, so i'd go with pirlo. :3

agreed. Spain's success is shared between Alonso/Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets, whereas Italy revolves around Pirlo.

Ozil has been underwhelming, but he's no doubt exhausted from the campaign with Real. He's already notorious for his lack of stamina.

leadbelly

Banned
Thank god England are out. I didn't want to watch any more of them after that performance.

Same old England. I knew exactly what was going to happen. England started off well and were the better side for the first 15 minutes, but I knew exactly what they would do. At some point I thought, "they are going to start sitting back and not pressurising the ball". Like clockwork that is exactly what they did.

I seriously don't understand what goes through their head. Italy started dominating possession. Obviously that is going to happen if you just stand off them a never pressurise the ball. It was like they were passing around traffic cones. lol

reminder

Okay, I was watching with my family and we had a random argument about something.

When the ball crosses the goal line, but doesn't touch the net nor the ground, is it still counted as a goal?

Yes, it is a goal as soon as the whole ball crosses the goal line.

Rooney played like somebody who knew his place was safe during and after the tournament.

England players who had a satisfactory tournament:

Hart
Lescott
Terry
Johnson
Cole
Gerrard
Walcott
Welbeck
Carroll

Satisfactory match:

Terry
Johnson

Awful throughout:

Young
Milner
Rooney

scarybore

Don't you love all the videos of England players in dark rooms acting 'ard and looking moody dubbed over with awful rap songs?

Nope but I am Scottish which I daresay doesn't help, but when even ITV make you look bad with your pandering, you know you have problems. Also incredibly annoying during other games when they have 3 minutes of shite punditry from Shearer and then 12 mins of news from the England camp or some crap, it's completely ridiculous.

mxgt

Banned
Man how fucking terrible were the Man Utd players in the squad. Not one of them had a good game the entire tournament.

bjaelke

Rooney played like somebody who knew his place was safe during and after the tournament.

England players who had a satisfactory tournament:

Hart
Lescott
Terry
Johnson
Cole
Gerrard
Walcott
Welbeck
Carroll

Satisfactory match:

Terry
Johnson

Awful throughout:

Young
Milner
Rooney

Scott Parker. You don't notice him until he does something stupid.

iniesta and pirlo are the standouts for me, but pirlo has a bigger impact on italy than iniesta on spain, so i'd go with pirlo. :3

This ^

I'm happy Italy won, they are playing very good football and they deserve it. I hope they beat Germany too. But guys, if we both get the finals you should put Pirlo in the bench. We didn't biscotto you. Please? :(

Korez

Balotroll

Mario Balotelli ‏@OfficialMarioB

fun to see john terry cry, now you know what it feel like when abused by fan and players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom