• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
when italy got that off side goal the commentator on bbc nearlly said oh shit but said oh sugar lmao

That felt less like a football match and more like an exercise in sustained masochism. I actually feel like we've dodged a bullet by not having to play Germany in the next round.

Kellen

ashleycoleismad-1.gif

leadbelly

Banned
I dont think England strung 5 passes together

Well it is very difficult when you have 10 men behind the fucking ball. Italy just had all the time in the world to pass the ball around. Pirlo had time to check his text messages if he wanted.

You notice that the moment England got the ball the Italian players actually tried to challenge them. Yeah, England aren't the best passing side in the world, but if you don't bother to actually challenge for the ball and don't disrupt the opposition's play, then it will be very difficult to get the ball back. It was like a training game for Italy.

The thing is, England proved in the first 15 minutes that they could have given Italy a good game if they wanted to. That is the most frustrating thing. Why do they go into that mode where they all just sit back behind the ball?

mxgt

Banned
The thing is, England proved in the first 15 minutes that they could have given Italy a good game if they wanted to. That is the most frustrating thing. Why do they go into that mode where they all just sit back behind the ball?

Roy Hodgson

We parked the bus against Ukraine and even Norway in a fucking friendly. Absolutely fucking stupid.

AcridMeat

Banned
Balotroll

Mario Balotelli ‏@OfficialMarioB

fun to see john terry cry, now you know what it feel like when abused by fan and players
He would get a lot less abuse from me if he didn't look like a veliciraptor with that hair.

Stunning tweet nonetheless.

Nolan.

He's scored on every penalty attempt for City since he arrived. He's by far the most consistent penalty taker around.

But Hart running up to this seemed really confident about having him covered, I liked Buffon's comment of 'I watched a lot of naughty movies in my room' when asked what he did to prepare.

leadbelly

Banned
Roy Hodgson

We parked the bus against Ukraine and even Norway in a fucking friendly. Absolutely fucking stupid.

It seems to be ingrained into the English mentally though. I remember Cappello busting a gut at times trying to get England to push forward. Cappello didn't do particularly well as England manager either, but he did try to change England's style into a more pressing game. There were times when England would resort back though. lol

Visceir

Glad Italy won. England's super defensive playstyle isn't suited for the knock-out stages and makes the matches rather one-sided. I'm fairly confident in saying that the Italy - Germany match will be one of the best of the tournament.

Clearly portugal and italy are seen as the underdogs, but they have been the most appealing teams of the tournament and I hope both of them make it to the finals.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
we are so shit, I'm glad we lost. Rooney did fuck all as was expected.

why would you bring on Henderson? seriously? We should've had more like bringing on a water bottle.

the interviews after the match we mind boggling though. Talking about how good we were and I'm just sat there like "did we watch the same tournament?"

anyway, I'm glad this farce is over for England.

Randdalf

Hopefully our next generation of youth players will have developed fully for the next tournament. A few more Wilsheres and Oxes and we will have a pretty good side.

He's praising him I believe. British people are weird like that.
Yeah I'm thinking you may be right. Don't know how anyone could hate on Pirlo for that. It takes balls. If Hart didn't dive and it went straight into his hands then Pirlo would have been a laughing stock of the world.

mxgt

Banned
we are so shit, I'm glad we lost. Rooney did fuck all as was expected.

why would you bring on Henderson? seriously? We should've had more like bringing on a water bottle.

the interviews after the match we mind boggling though. Talking about how good we were and I'm just sat there like "did we watch the same tournament?"

anyway, I'm glad this farce is over for England.

You and me both.

I'm amazed we even made it as far as we did.

I just despise our play style. We have enough talent to not sit back and park the bus, we saw that in that short spell in the first half when we dominated them.

Preparing for the same horse shit in 2 years if we even qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom