• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeghead

Then you hear him explaining it to reporters after the match, with that adorable, never changing stoned expression on his face, saying how he simply looked at the keeper dive and decided to kick it like that, like it's the world's most obvious thing. And somehow, Pirlo being Pirlo, you believe it.

De Rossi has a problem with a nerve in his leg. He says it's not a muscular injury and he can't be sure if he'll make it for Germany. Not looking good for Italy, sigh.

Looked like Abate went off with an injury as well, hope it's nothing serious because Maggio is suspended for the next game.

Is it going to be a 3-5-2? Don't see many options, i'm not comfortable with Giaccherini playing there.

This is the problem with England.

The thing is, England make teams look good. Italy had all the time and space in the world to pass the ball around. They had time to pick their pass.
Yeah, pretty much. They also looked really shaky in the def. when England was attacking properly in the first 30min or so + they need a ton of chances.
We should do fine vs. them, although Schweine needs to stop sucking/get fit asap. Replacing him with Kroos is not really an option with Pirlo on the pitch.

Zabojnik

I don't understand why England feel the need to play such negative football.

article-0-0213b2f6000005.jpg

"Just according to keikaku."

Meier

Balotroll

Mario Balotelli ‏@OfficialMarioB

fun to see john terry cry, now you know what it feel like when abused by fan and players

City recently confirmed he doesn't have a Twitter. There was another very, very convincing fake prior to this too though (some behind the scenes photos of him, etc.).

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah, pretty much. They also looked really shaky in the def. when England was attacking properly in the first 30min or so + they need a ton of chances.
We should do fine vs. them, although Schweine needs to stop sucking/get fit asap. Replacing him with Kroos is not really an option with Pirlo on the pitch.

As I said earlier, that is the most frustrating thing for me. Italy didn't look all that solid at the back. The problem was England just allowed them to play which made it increasingly difficult for them to put on any serious attack of their own. If they continued to play like they did in the first 15 minutes, it would have been a much closer game.

Holy Wars

Banned
Italy is cruising all the way to the final on account of another MoM performance from Balotelli. The guy is amazing, so many goals, assists, runs, all over the place.

Balotelli-small-bike1.png

How many goals did he get today again?

Does wasting a dozen chances count as assists now? Was he secretly an England player?

F#A#Oo

Banned
I'm going to be honest...

Englands performance in the groups was papering over the cracks that exist.

As I mentioned against Wilbury earlier in the original OT...this England gives up possession too much and you just cannot do that...Italy were absoltely toothless and crap in front of goal and didn't punishment England...

From here on in Roy needs to sit down and talk to the older players and tell them sternly...times up. A revolution needs to happen.

Build the WC2014 qualifer team around a creative midfielder in the middle ala Jack Wilshere for example. England has good wingers and strikers and a decent defence...but the midfield is atrocious.

Nevasleep

Noob question: Would it be better or possible if there was a UK team?
Too many bitter Welsh*, and mostly Scottish people to let that happen.
I guess Gareth Bale, Ramsey and Bellamy might get in the side, but it wouldn't make much difference.

*I'm Welsh and support England.

F#A#Oo

Banned
what were milan thinking? the past season has shown that they were really missing a playmaker.

To be honest Pirlo wasn't that great his last season at Milan...

Being cast out from Milan gave him extra motivation/determination and I doubt Pirlo would be where he is if it wasn't for Juventus offering him a fresh start with 1000% faith and a team which works for him.

what were milan thinking? the past season has shown that they were really missing a playmaker.
Allegri somehow didn't realize Pirlo's game has never required a younger man's pace, at least since his Brescia days. Poor Max made a bitch move and he paid for it as a resurgent Pirlo led Juve to the scudetto and Italy at least to the semifinals. All the Juventini lived happily ever after.

Noob question: Would it be better or possible if there was a UK team?

Scotland and Wales have nothing to offer.

Besides there would be a Braveheart esque uprising against any such proposal. The Scottish and English here are like the Canadians and Americans across the pond (that might be a grossly inaccurate comparison...).

Well, apparently there's a bit of trouble in a town near to me due to Italian presence and England loss.

Just through twitter and stuff, but don't like hearing stuff like that. At the end of the day it's a football match, certainly not worth getting arrested/causing mayhem over.

Edit: Seems like it was just a few idiots.

Still gutted England lost, but on reflection we got further than many people expected and we took Italy to the edge - very tense shoot out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom