• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurasa

I'm not singling you out as I don't know anything about your post history, but it's funny how this is unanimous amongst Italy fans, when many of them told US supporters "lol thats just football suck it up" when we were whining about the horrible refereeing against the US in WC 2010.
I'm neither Italian nor do I label myself as an "Italy fan", I simply enjoy watching good football whether it's on a club or international level. I love how the Azzurri are performing in this Euro so far and would love to see them reach the final. The point here is that Travisbickle said the reason Italy lost against S. Korea in 2002 was because of their diving and Vieri missing a chance, which is an absolutely absurd claim to any football fan who watched that match, hence my previous reply.

Portugal need to get Ronaldo on the ball and early. Spain will look to keep it and frustrate Portugal and especially Ronaldo. When Ronaldo loses focus he becomes ineffective.

Can't really see anything other than Spain winning. They always look like they're just one mistake away from messing up and it feels like they play too safe...but they've not gone wrong yet and it just seems like they're in total control.

1-0 Spain.

Neutral but will sort of cheer for Spain. I can totally see it going goal-less until the last fifteen minutes and Portugal(not Ronaldo) getting one in though.

Zabojnik

I see, Schürrle and Reus are bros. I guess we must buy Schürrle now.

Götze - Reus - Schürrle

would be nice :D

Reus should totally change his name to Reüs.

65fwJ.gif

j9XtL.gif

RJT

Portugal need to get Ronaldo on the ball and early. Spain will look to keep it and frustrate Portugal and especially Ronaldo. When Ronaldo loses focus he becomes ineffective.

Can't really see anything other than Spain winning. They always look like they're just one mistake away from messing up and it feels like they play too safe...but they've not gone wrong yet and it just seems like they're in total control.

1-0 Spain.

The only good team they played was Italy, and it was a close match. Ronaldo and Nani should be the key to this match. If they get enough space (and let's face it, Albeloa should be nowhere near this match) we can do this.

I'm neither Italian nor do I label myself as an "Italy fan", I simply enjoy watching good football whether it's on a club or international level. I love how the Azzurri are performing in this Euro so far and would love to see them reach the final. The point here is that Travisbickle said the reason Italy lost against S. Korea in 2002 was because of their diving and Vieri missing a chance, which is an absolutely absurd claim to any football fan who watched that match, hence my previous reply.

Francesco Totti was sent off for diving, and Vieri missed two clear shots on goal, to pretend those incidents didn't have an effect on the game is ludicrous and would never be said by anyone that knows anything about football.

Wilbur

Banned
Francesco Totti was sent off for diving, and Vieri missed two clear shots on goal, to pretend those incidents didn't have an effect on the game is ludicrous and would never be said by anyone that knows anything about football.

So because Totti was sent off for diving, it automatically means he dived?

Pezking

Francesco Totti was sent off for diving

Yeah, but he didn't dive - he was clearly fouled.

I don't want to start any conspiracy theories. Why would the ref do that on purpose?
Bribes? Then why did they stop bribing when they lost against Germany? Come on.

I just believe that this was one of the worst officiated games ever, and that this fact alone cost Italy the game.

Ikael

Best wishes to our PortuGAF neighbours, hoping for a great match today :D let's hope that there will be more Ronaldo and less Pepe (and that we Spaniards start shooting at the damn goal)

Kem0sabe

Best wishes to our PortuGAF neighbours, hoping for a great match today :D let's hope that there will be more Ronaldo and less Pepe (and that we Spaniards start shooting at the damn goal)

Let´s hope all the players behave and not turn this into an ill tempered match. Goodluck :D

Kem0sabe

From reddit:

Here is how it will play out:
When in the 23rd minute Busquets fouls Ronaldo for the second time, both get into an angry fight. Ramos comes rushing in, throwing his fist right into the face of... Busquets, who now is being helped by Iniesta and Xavi who angrily bite into the legs of Ramos while Piquet and Pepe open a side fight. After 20 minutes of ongoing trouble, the players get new shirts to play the match once more fromm the start as Madrid vs. Barca.

I laughed out loud in the office. :)

gurasa

It's all about Ronaldo for Portugal tonight, if he's in top form, Spain are doomed. :p

The defender clipped Totti's foot which made him fall, how's that diving? What about the other many unfair decisions as in the video I posted? The mental effect of that whole scandalous refereeing had a far greater effect on the end result than missing two chances on goal.

Raist

Banned
650.gif

I like how I googled Chow Yun Fat thumbs up gif and there's only 1 under this. I think most people must not recognize him or something.

Haha, yeah. People. Seriously.

Saw that gif 1394580 times and never recognized him. Mind blown.

What have Portugal ever accomplished to make their fans so confident?

At least Spain and Italy and Germany you can kind of understand the fans being a bit cocky given the history. But...Portugal?

ಠ_ಠ

Come at me PortugalGAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom