• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Joker

now we can't lose anymore... michael knight supports us

hCOQe.jpg

Draconian

I just hope Spain don't score an early goal and start the sleep inducing passing fest that they did against France. As much as I'd enjoy Portugal winning this, it's hard for me to envision them doing so.

feel

Getting nervous, shouldn't have come into this thread, I was very calm before doing it.. :(

SuperÑ;39287223 said:
He won't even score. Have you ever seen him doing anything relevant besides Copa del Rey final against Barça?
What in the fuck? You even quoted THE gif!

I just hope Spain don't score an early goal and start the sleep inducing passing fest that they did against France. As much as I'd enjoy Portugal winning this, it's hard for me to envision them doing so.

Why?
They have great players for counterattacks (CR, Nani) while Spanish CBs are rather slow, their wingers a top notch while Spain's got questionable wingbacks (Arbeloa) and they could always score a goal from corners thanks to Pepe's superior headers.

As far as predictions are concerned, this game will work exactly like Spain's game with France. Just cause Ronaldo is great does not mean he can do anything about five defenders / midfielders smothering him the second he gets the ball.

And like I said for the France game, if Spain scores early (like they did against France), this game is gonna be boring for the neutrals, and infuriating for Portugal fans.

IF Portugal somehow hold all the way until PKs, they will get slaughtered. They don't have nearly enough PK takers.

The only way this will get interesting is Portugal score first through a set piece, or a freak long distance shot, but Spain will only kick things up a notch and spend less time passing around the box.

Really, any way you slice it, Spain have this in the bag. The media is building Ronaldo hype just so they can act all surprised when they lose and go "OMG Ronaldo fucked up!"

patapuf

As far as predictions are concerned, this game will work exactly like Spain's game with France. Just cause Ronaldo is great does not mean he can do anything about five defenders / midfielders smothering him the second he gets the ball.

And like I said for the France game, if Spain scores early (like they did against France), this game is gonna be boring for the neutrals, and infuriating for Portugal fans.

IF Portugal somehow hold all the way until PKs, they will get slaughtered. They don't have nearly enough PK takers.

The only way this will get interesting is Portugal score first through a set piece, or a freak long distance shot, but Spain will only kick things up a notch and spend less time passing around the box.

Really, any way you slice it, Spain have this in the bag. The media is building Ronaldo hype just so they can act all surprised when they lose and go "OMG Ronaldo fucked up!"

well, chances of portugal scoring with a set piece or a long distance ball aren't that bad since they got ronaldo. If spain spends less time passing around the box they will also give up more balls, wich gives portugal more counterattacks and portugal have good players for counterattacks.

If Portugal scores first i don't see how this is in the bag for Spain.

RJT

I'm glad everybody is focused on Ronaldo. Pepe and Bruno Alves are great on set pieces and Nani, Moutinho, Coentrão can all create chances. We're nowhere near a one man show (unlike, IMO, France).

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
is it or me does this hand look freakishly tiny

it's a matter of evolution at work. generations of natural selection have produced two of the greatest footballing talents ever - one is tiny with a low center-of-gravity, the other a thick-necked god with crushing thighs and t-rex hands.

God works in mysterious ways.

Messi

2-1 Spain goals from Ramos and Cesc, Ronaldo gets 1

I am sure Ramos will nick one, this is the kind of game I would have expected Puyol to get one of he was not hurt. Cesc I am not sure about. I'd die if Don Andres got one.

Madridy

There are 10 Real Madrid players in Semis.

Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Albiol, Xabi Alonso, Pepe, Coentrao, Ronaldo, Khedira and Özil.

Wow.

Compared to:

Barca - 7 :
Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Pique, Cesc, and Valdes

Juve - 7 :
Pirlo, Buffon, Chiellini, Marchisio, Giaccherini, Barzagli, and Bonucci

Bayern - 8 :
Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Müller, Badstuber, Lahm, Kroos, Boateng, and Gómez

Have I missed anyone?

angelobruno30

Neo Member
I think you're all mistaken talking about Ronaldo, Ronaldo, Ronaldo bla bla bla... So, i'll now present you the man who will decide the match, believe me!

FORÇA PORTUGAL!!!! ATÉ OS COMEMOS!!!!

Nani_Euro2012.jpg

2MF

Rooting for Portugal. On the other hand I want to see a Germany vs. Spain final...

So does the president of UEFA.

Which is part of the reason why I hope for a Portugal - Italy final. (the other parts being that I'm Portuguese and Germany seems more cocky than Italy)

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
True, sponsors are serious business. But is it just me or has there been more fines this year compared to the previous tournaments?

I just found this beauty in the web:

Pic from La Gazzetta dello Sport of Balotelli after Italy beat England.

RZ5kQ.png

hahahahhhahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom