• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eideka

Banned
Good thing that the Portugal is out, now only respectable teams remain.

Congrats to Spain, they totally deserved their victory.

keit4

Banned
My heart says Italy. My head says Germany.

I fear a lot more a final against Italy than against Germany, but i would love to see the germans losing today :p

Ramos is a bit of a moron and deserves mockery, but Pepe is a total thug. Hardly comparable.

[]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HKoX4wq5O34/Se9edk5yqaI/AAAAAAAADRc/us9t3o53DAk/s400/agresion_Pepe_Casquero3.jpg[/IMG]

His reputation was earned in blood.

I know Pepes reputation, but 2 people doing the same thing would get different reactions, despite... you know, being the same thing.

Cause no, Ramos was not going for the ball or trying to go over him...

That hardly seems controversial to me.

Portugals defence has been decent to good. That's different to 'sucks ass'. If Portugals defence sucked ass, they'd give away a lot more goals.
Bruno Alves really surprised me. He and Pepe have been playing good, and Coentrao decent. I don't remember who the back on the right is.

Hammer24

Banned
Come on guys, can´t we get back to the fun part?

555858_374260192629311_52266699_n.jpg

So how did they almost reached the final?

Bad teams can get that far... Hell, some can even win the tournament *Looks at Greece and Denmark*

Not that I agree with Portugal being mostly shit though, but I don't think they are close to the quality of Spain, Italy or Germany.

Can we stop the Ronaldo 5th pk-striker=pussy argument? He went first against Bayern in CL and we know how that ended. Considering this he maybe did the team a favor. Having the superstar miss his first shot would probably been more crushing than anything else for Portugal.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
ibqNUUOJdY4eQE.gif

Why did he do that?

Well, its not kicking, he needed to put his foot down somewhere in order to, you know, not fall. If there was any malice its because he probably wanted Nani to stay put so that his teammate could get the ball, but even then he didnt hurt him in the process (so no different from pulling a jersey)

Theres also this terrible trend of over analyzing slow motion replays and judging them as if they happened at that speed in real time. You have a loose ball youre trying to get to, you lose your balance and youre basically wrestling another guy so yes, weird shit is gonna happen. I once during a friendly game SMASHED my knee against a guys face on accident and broke the living fuck out of his nose. In slow motion it would have looked 100 percent on purpose, but it was a total accident (he dived down and I tried to jump over him)

I think this thread bitches about the randomest of things, criticizing players for having the balls to take the final PK? Thats the HIGHEST pressure situation you can have!

Well, its not kicking, he needed to put his foot down somewhere in order to, you know, not fall. If there was any malice its because he probably wanted Nani to stay put so that his teammate could get the ball, but even then he didnt hurt him in the process (so no different from pulling a jersey)

Theres also this terrible trend of over analyzing slow motion replays and judging them as if they happened at that speed in real time. You have a loose ball youre trying to get to, you lose your balance and youre basically wrestling another guy so yes, weird shit is gonna happen. I once during a friendly game SMASHED my knee against a guys face on accident and broke the living fuck out of his nose. In slow motion it would have looked 100 percent on purpose, but it was a total accident (he dived down and I tried to jump over him)

I think this thread bitches about the randomest of things, criticizing players for having the balls to take the final PK? Thats the HIGHEST pressure situation you can have!

Why would he raise it in the first place. Ball was no where near him.

Although I completely agree with the over analysing of slow motions.

Shirley you can't be serious.

Berto

Bad teams can get that far... Hell, some can even win the tournament *Looks at Greece and Denmark*

Not that I agree with Portugal being mostly shit though, but I don't think they are close to the quality of Spain, Italy or Germany.
Denmark and Greece were far from bad teams, just because they were outsiders doesn't mean they were shit teams.

I don't know, Portugal played pretty good against Spain and Germany.

Denmark and Greece were far from bad teams, just because they were outsiders doesn't mean they were shit teams.

I don't know, Portugal played pretty good against Spain and Germany.

Denmark didn't even manage qualify for the competition. Greece... Well go back and look at their team, it was a team full of shit to average at best players, if you can't call at least Greeces team back then pretty shitty player for player, then there's really not a lot of shitty teams out there. Of course them having a pretty bad bunch of players only made the achievement of winning it even more impressive.

rififi

Why would he raise it in the first place. Ball was no where near him.

Although I completely agree with the over analysing of slow motions.

I think Ramos either tried to put his foot over Nani (so that Nani would be in between his legs in order to prevent him from getting to the ball), or Ramos was trying to walk over Nani to get to the ball, but couldn't because Nani put his arm/hand up to hold Ramos' foot back. While Ramos has made some deliberately malicious actions before, I don't think this was one of them.

Having said that, in any situation, Nani doesn't get any sympathy from me because he is quite the diver (like the Boy Who Cried Wolf). So you never know if he actually gets fouled or if he just falls over. The same applies to Busquets, Pedro, etc. - even if they are Spanish.

IceCold

His selfishness is often the reason why Madrid/Portugal have had the success that they've had, though. Double-edged sword. If he was as smart as he is skilled, and could make the right pass at the right moment (like great midfielders do), he'd be devastating.

Who is he going to pass to in Portugal? Hugo Almeida? lol...

The game ended in penalty shots. That's essentially a random draw, it's luck, hence the use of the term unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom