• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
good first effort, but that was appallingly poor on the rebound. What the fuck was that?!? just chipping it straight at Casillas?

Gambit

I'm already seeing people say Spain is too good and Italy is shit and Spain weren't even trying in these euros up until today. Bunch of wankers.

I know Spain is the best team in the world but if people can't see Italy is seriously gassed and not playin to their potential then I don't know what to say to you. This game isn't a good barometer for how good/shit these two teams really are.

And yes of course Spain deserve to be up 2-0 (if not more) the way Italy are playin. Not saying Spain is playing bad either because they are playin well. Just not superhuman well like some people make it out to be.

Exactly how I felt on Thursday. Germany didn't bring their A-game and neither is Italy today.

Having said that, Spain is damn good.

I'd say that Italy's really feeling the effects of that 120 minute+penalty shootout against England.

But then I realize that Spain also had 120 minutes against Portugal.

Acidote

We got robbed hard by Italy in 1994.

Many of us still remembr Luis enrique's bloody nose after an Italian player clubbered him in the small box.

Never forget.

qjK0I.jpg

spekkeh

Banned
In my opinion Casillas more than any other player is the reason Spain are going to win their third consecutive tournament. At this moment I think he may well surpass Schmeichel on my best keeper ever list.

clemenx

Banned
In my opinion Casillas more than any other player is the reason Spain are going to win their third consecutive tournament. At this moment I think he may well surpass Schmeichel on my best keeper ever list.

Dunno about the Euro but he was far and away the best Spanish player in the 2010 WC.

Fantomex

Casillas has always been God Tier. This coming from a Barca fan.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

He's the best goalkeeper right now and arguably the best ever.

Truly a world class player.

Colocho

Banned

I totally agree, he single handedly won the 2010 WC.

And yes, he is clearly the best goal keeper of all time, or at least the most influential for the team.

Meier

Silva wasn't happy to come off there. Can't blame him, thought he'd played pretty well and obviously had the fantastic header.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom