• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
Well this EC is certainly going out on a whimper. At least Spain finally managed to score more than once against anyone else than Ireland.

jtb

Banned
Iniesta will be 30, the World Cup is in Brazil, and Neymar will be 22. They're definitely not the favorites.

:lol Neymar. the Brazil national team is pretty poor atm, they've got time to develop, but... we'll see. I'd say Argentina have a far better chance at WC 2014 (if they ever get their shit together)... they've got all the pieces necessary to win.

and Spain will still be favorites because Cesc is the perfect replacement for Xavi. Biscuits/Fabregas/Iniesta midfield with actual wingers and a striker is still well above anything else anyone else will have to offer.

Raist

Banned
ibxTFW02CwNoTa.gif

996IDY_Lisa_Jakub_003.jpg

ledman

Iniesta will be 30, the World Cup is in Brazil, and Neymar will be 22. They're definitely not the favorites.

Neymar is playing like shit lately here in Brazil, the fame really got the boy hard and he always under perform against other national teams, don't be fooled by is goals here in Brazil , must teams here don't care for defence and fear him too much.

2012 shirts have gone on sale here in stores that over stocked, I snagged an Ireland home last week and will get a Portugal home now that it has been price slashed

tirant

Neymar is playing like shit lately here in Brazil, the fame really got the boy hard and he always under perform against other national teams, don't be fooled by is goals here in Brazil , must teams here don't care for defence and fear him too much.

Neymar should come to Europe and get some european experience.

Talon

Blegh no team that plays with 0 strikers deserves it. But good on them for being the first team ever that does it three times in a row I guess.
Why? It's just a tactic? Seems like a silly reason to say someone deserves it or not.

Fergie had success playing without a true striker with Roomey playing a deep 9 role and letting Ronaldo make runs inside.

No reason to obsess with specialization if you have depth of midfield quality. We'd all rather have a 9 that can create than a one dimensional Inzaghi, right?

Clegg

Blegh no team that plays with 0 strikers deserves it. But good on them for being the first team ever that does it three times in a row I guess.

This post makes no sense.

Spain clearly deserve to win as they are by far the best team in the world.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm trying to watch this sport, but sorry GAF, I can't.

To me, the best indication of how boring it is is the fact that the crowd is signing. I never saw a sport where there was so little excitement among the crowd other than during baseball.

I wouldn't be surprised if every seat had a little TV in the back like in airplanes.

edit: And that's not mentioning the fake injuries. In hockey you get a penalty for this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom