• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Don't care, we played one half of one good game the entire tournament. The tournament was a complete failure as far as I'm concerned, and would still have been even if Robben had not choked twice during the final. I was far happier with our performance during Euro 2008, where we actually played some good football. What use is a spectator sport if what you're seeing is shit?

Man, you guys were so awesome during Euro 2008. That was some good football indeed.

cs2dt.png

lul

Bwahahahhaha. Oh England. I can´t believe how bad England was in this tournament.

Alucard

Banned
Congrats to Spain. I still can't stand Torres, but the better team won today.

Kind of bitter over Germany not being in this final, though. :-/

Ok... I really want to apologize to my national team for being so skeptic after the previous matches.

Today we did everything we didn't do the rest of the tournament: we actually took risks, made vertical passes and tried to play fast along with fantastic goal keeping, defense, passing, team work and offense.

I humbly admit that I was wrong and accept that currently Spain's football team is god-tier.

Much respect for Italy, a fantastic team that didn't hide and tried to play their best. They were outplayed in the end but they kept fighting as long as they still had a chance, but after Motta got injured it was pretty much impossible. You didn't deserve this much punishment.

Deserved win for Spain.

Meier

Dude in one of my fantasy leagues had Alba as his captain. 28 points from him. He moved up from like 10th to 2nd or 3rd because his team was made up entirely of Spanish players more or less. I had too many Italians. :(

Jburton

Banned
Spain deserved to win but I am bored with the almost guaranteed Spanish win in a match these days.

Much like the French domanince of the late 90's / early 00's, I hated them too.

Decent tournament overall and I hope for a decline in Spain (lol) or an increase in quality from other teams for the World Cup.

p.s. People comparing Spain with the 70's Brazilian squad (have heard it in the nedia) are off their heads.

GG Spain, congratulations!

Paracelsus

It's hard for Pirlo when you stand next to Phantomarchisio (Juventus fans know he's the worst player ever when he's tired) and Mosciolivo, it's easier with world-class athletes like Arturo Vidal. I feel sorry for him, even just Nocerino would have worked wonders for this match.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
the kids on the pitch was an awesome sight.

now i want to wplay and win a EC or WC final so ican offer my daughter a similar experience.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Deserved victory for Spain, but have to feel a bit bad for Italy. Its not like they played badly, they were just outplayed by an exceptional side - and the third sub injury was just horribly unlucky.

Balotelli

Banned
Oh well, at least England didn't manage to advance past the knockouts and the world could see the myths that are Wayne Rooney and Andy Carrol. :)

The TSN commentating crew are seriously the worst ever. Not that I expect much from a Canadian (although mostly British crew) tv channel talking about football. Seriously fucking dumbasses. This Darren Anderton (sorry brits) dude can't speak for shit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The TSN commentating crew are seriously the worst ever. Not that I expect much from a Canadian (although mostly British crew) tv channel talking about football. Seriously fucking dumbasses. This Darren Anderton (sorry brits) dude can't speak for shit.
Not to mention that--because it was a mostly British crew--whenever England was playing, they were essentially salivating over them again and again.

Get some Toronto FC people on this instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom