• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Avnj-c5CQAAv7Jq.jpg

I hope this is a photo shoot and not really pregame

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Feel really badly for Denmark. They came to play, but the Group of Death draw was too much for them.

Shocking disastrous tournament for the Dutch, though. Historic horrific performance from them.

Meier

He said Messi didn't play well and they went out, if he actually watched the Copa he would have seen that he was the best player on the pitch for Argentina in every match, every goal involved him and he was giving his all to try and create a goal along with only a few other Argentines. He wasn't at his best but he played much better than Ronaldo did for Portugal the first couple of matches.

Plus he actually said that some people call Messi the best in the world, no Ronaldo, everyone thinks Messi's the best and it isn't even close.

Someone translated his comments in either this thread or the footy one and it wasn't nearly as controversial as it was being presented. The GAFfer said it was more along the lines of even the best in the world have a bad day and not that Messi played poorly.

Go_Ly_Dow

haha, ever since robben knocked us out of the champ leagues at old trafford a few seasons ago, his career has gone to shit.

-lost in two champions league finals
-world cup final
-embarrassing himself at the euro's

serves him right for being a smug cheat!

pulga

Banned
Well, even being Messi you can't do shit with a team that has no deffense and the only good player in the middlefield is Mascherano. The problem was that Messi had to do bo both things: being a middlefielder for creating game, and trying to finish it. Fortunately, that seems to be changing.

Argentina has a MUCH better team than Portugal. It's not even close.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Where's that picture of the German player smiling as he walks past some Dutch players? Pretty such sums up the group.

As a Dutchman I have to say, I told you so.

Oh man, work is goin to be great tomorrow, I'm gonna troll these fools who 'believed' so hard.

I'm glad I didn't waste my time watching this Eurocup. Fuck soccer.

SkylineRKR

This was really the best Holland could give. It doesn't matter if we play with both Huntelaar and Robin as the back line isn't good enough to build up towards them anyway. Huntelaar couldn't do anything.

Perhaps Bert should've placed Sneijder at number 10, but Van der Vaart did a good job by scoring and almost a second one.

This is the worst tournament of Holland ever, I've never seen them being eliminated in the group phase. Let alone with zero points. But its reality. This is perhaps a wake up call.

immy

Banned
haha, ever since robben knocked us out of the champ leagues at old trafford a few seasons ago, his career has gone to shit.

-world cup final

Your right, I would be so pissed if I played in a world cup and 2 champions league finals.

O wait

Yeah, what happened with the Dutch?

What a crushing tournament. Their press is going to eat them alive.
Most of our players, except for Huntelaar and van Persie, had pretty mediocre to terrible seasons, and they thought themselves better because of the WC final and the pretty easy qualification round. And for some reason most players lack stamina and fitness for some reason. We also lack good wingers who can give a cross.

Also, van Persie is shit in the Dutch team and lol, Robben at the right wing.

Yager

Banned
Argentina has a MUCH better team than Portugal. It's not even close.

What? Deffense: Federico Fernandez, Ezequiel Garay and Clemente Rodriguez. Are they better than Coentrao, Bruno Alves and Pepe? The only one in Argentina is Pablo Zabaleta.

Middlefield: Sosa, Gago, Mascherano, and Di Maria if you wanna consider him as a middlefielder (which he's not). The only one of the first 3 is Mascherano, the other 2...

The only thing that has Argentina is the forward: Messi, Higuain/Agüero. The rest? Crap besides 1 or 2 players. Portugal is more solid as a team.

spidye

-world cup final

lol I don't like him at all but you're still bitter about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom